I've used this song recognition app since the old days but it seems -if I remember correctly- that ever since I upgraded to Oreo, the tag location doesn't seem to show anywhere any longer. Is this due to some DTEK setting or inherently to BlackBerry's Orea or perhaps due to relatively new tough EU privacy laws which would perhaps forbid such a location data collecting thing?

Shazam's help pages:

Location settings (Android)

Remember where you were when you made your greatest discoveries.

1.Open the 'General Settings' menu within the app.
    2.Toggle 'Use Location' on or off depending on your preference.

Viewing your tag's location

Select a song you've tagged. Scroll down to the bottom of page.
    Wait for the memories to come flooding back.
    https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us/...tings-Android-

I did everything what is said here, but I still can't see the location tag of a song like I used to see.

I only see the date when I click on a song in my history.

Shazam app stopped showing tag location after upgrading to Oreo?-screenshot_20180925-000323.jpg
    09-24-18 05:06 PM
    Not sure, but I dunno why so many things get attributed to DTEK. DTEK does nothing to apps in that way. From what I see, even with location enabled in Shazam, the permisison in device settings doesn't get enabled nor does it ever even ask for the location permission. So, to me, it looks as though it's not even requesting or utlizing the data even when enabled. And if you enable it in settings, it still doesn't request it. Maybe Apple will fix it.
    09-24-18 07:08 PM
    Not sure, but I dunno why so many things get attributed to DTEK. DTEK does nothing to apps in that way.
    Because we're led to believe DTEK makes a mini fort knox of our BlackBerry/TCL phones. I guess I'm like Fox Mulder too sometimes....I want to believe.

From what I see, even with location enabled in Shazam, the permisison in device settings doesn't get enabled nor does it ever even ask for the location permission. So, to me, it looks as though it's not even requesting or utlizing the data even when enabled. And if you enable it in settings, it still doesn't request it. Maybe Apple will fix it.
    So, I figured it out now. It seems that there were some update(s) since the last time I used Shazam (see screen shot: June 11th), and they now seem to have hidden the location tag somewhat. You cannot see the location tag in your history list, nor can you see it when you tap on the three buttons next to a song. The latter only shows the date and time. It would be a logical thing to mention the location there too.

You actually have to tap on a title of the song in your history list, and then tap on the picture you see. Only then you'll see the location tag.

However, I don't see a world map any longer where I could see all of my location tags. It's either now hidden somewhere also, or I have a wrong recollection about a map and it was only available in SoundHound.
    Last edited by WT44; 09-26-18 at 11:34 AM.
    09-26-18 08:10 AM