Hi guys!

I'm an old BlackBerry user. Started with the Bold 9780. Now have a Q10 and my wife has a Z10.
    Since a few months I'm considering to buy the Passport SE. I really love that phone, it's a beuty. But the recent news from BlackBerry made me unsure. I don't want to own a device half year later which will be unsellable because BlackBerry dropped the OS10.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-14-16 11:15 AM
    BlackBerry Passport SE is the Best Phone in the worl!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 11:24 AM
    What is a Vienna? The name has changed, but the fact that it doesn't exist yet hasn't.

BB10 isn't going to just stop working, I think if you are fine with a 9780 right now... you won't be affected by the lack of an full ecosystem to call it's own for the Passport SE.

Now if you want to join the modern smartphone age... move to an Android or iOS device. We do "expect" one or two devices later this year, if that fits into your time frame... you can wait and by then it will be a little clearer where both BB10 and BB-Android are heading.
    Wunliang likes this.
    03-14-16 11:29 AM
    Hi guys!

I'm an old BlackBerry user. Started with the Bold 9780. Now have a Q10 and my wife has a Z10.
    Since a few months I'm considering to buy the Passport SE. I really love that phone, it's a beuty. But the recent news from BlackBerry made me unsure. I don't want to own a device half year later which will be unsellable because BlackBerry dropped the OS10.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    How long are you willing to wait? Which carrier do you use?
    03-14-16 11:57 AM
    No Vienna to wait. None. Forget it. It doesn't exist. Get a PPSE now. Pronto!

 📱📶
    Last edited by Notna Nosyel; 03-14-16 at 12:16 PM.
    03-14-16 12:01 PM
    I'm asking myself the same question, passport se or the "vienna", but like everyone has been stating, the vienna does not exist at this point. Which is why I would replace the V with a Priv in your original question. (especially if you were already considering an android os BB in your options)
    03-14-16 12:26 PM
    BlackBerry Passport SE is the Best Phone in the worl!!!!

Posted via CB10
    That is correct. The concern is not the phone but the OS. If it will be discontinued than it makes no sense.
    03-14-16 03:58 PM
    I'm asking myself the same question, passport se or the "vienna", but like everyone has been stating, the vienna does not exist at this point. Which is why I would replace the V with a Priv in your original question. (especially if you were already considering an android os BB in your options)
    I think more and more that we have to give up the BBOS 10. It is very sorry because the OS is really good, I love it.
    My problem with the Priv is the price. I always buy carrier free handsets. The priv cost 280 kHUF a Passport SE costs 185 kHUF. That is a difference.
    03-14-16 04:00 PM
    I think more and more that we have to give up the BBOS 10. It is very sorry because the OS is really good, I love it.
    My problem with the Priv is the price. I always buy carrier free handsets. The priv cost 280 kHUF a Passport SE costs 185 kHUF. That is a difference.
    Don't think the 'Vienna' will be any cheaper.
    03-14-16 09:34 PM
    I'd say skip em both and just get a priv. I came from a z30 and I'm getting along just fine. Im not a complete android novice but I had to relearn some things. Bb10 isn't supported anymore and priv gives you some BlackBerry goodness to go with your android

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-14-16 11:05 PM
    I say wait for some sort of announcement that will be coming out pretty soon in the coming weeks. Plus it'll also get cheaper in the coming weeks.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:01 AM
    I say wait for some sort of announcement that will be coming out pretty soon in the coming weeks. Plus it'll also get cheaper in the coming weeks.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are right. For example the announcement yesterday: facebook off. Nice.

I think I'll buy one of the new Android device.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry Q10
    03-16-16 10:11 AM
    I think you are right. For example the announcement yesterday: facebook off. Nice.

I think I'll buy one of the new Android device.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry Q10
    Well the Vienna is an android device.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 11:27 AM
    Hi guys!

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    If the Vienna ever happens are you sure it would be for you -Passport a beautiful device that never sold that well and how long will BlackBerry support OS 10 ? Smell the coffee ??
    03-17-16 06:59 AM
    While the Passport is a great looking device, the writing is on the wall when it comes to BB10 OS. I would definitely hold off since you have the Q10 and wait for the Vienna (or whatever it's codename is now).
    asublimeday likes this.
    03-17-16 12:02 PM
    Did you end up making a choice for your next device?
    04-25-16 01:02 PM
    Passport is too big for Bold fans. Q5/q10/classic stay quiet for now

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 02:07 PM
    BlackBerry Passport silver edition is a beast of a smartphone and a workhorse when it comes to productivity, the fact that BlackBerry is dropping BB10 is irrelevant, the next OS update(10.3.3)will secure your BB10 phone for years to come and then some..

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    04-25-16 09:26 PM
    Passport SE is way better than any that's going to enter the market.

But can you abstain from a lot of apps (especially whatsapp)?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 10:56 AM
    BlackBerry Passport silver edition is a beast of a smartphone and a workhorse when it comes to productivity, the fact that BlackBerry is dropping BB10 is irrelevant, the next OS update(10.3.3)will secure your BB10 phone for years to come and then some..

What makes you so sure the new update will keep BB10 going? The canary is dropping support for FB/Whatsapp- it's an obsolete OS.

Shame BB went and developed one thing for the Playbook then another new system with BB10. In hindsight they should have gone droidberry 3 years back.
    04-26-16 04:07 PM
    ...and also don't hold your breath on the "Vienna", remember it's BlackBerry were talking about..

JeepBB likes this.
    04-26-16 06:47 PM
    Hi guys!

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I think you're an adult who should be able to make his own decisions.....the passport has been out for how long now and the rumors of the other device have been out just as long. I never see the logic for "what do you guys think I should do with my money" not very independent thinking just seems very group think, credulous, trend, popular, etc. Its your money, your time, your decision you asking Internet strangers what to do, not to mention there's no guarantee that other device will even exist......

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    05-01-16 08:32 AM
    I would definitely not recommend you get the SE, unless you can get one for around 350 bucks, BlackBerry 10 is getting worse by the day. And 3.3 is still nowhere to be seen.
    I would definitely wait for the new android phones.
    anon(9158709) and ck2nb like this.
    05-06-16 12:06 AM
    What makes you so sure the new update will keep BB10 going? The canary is dropping support for FB/Whatsapp- it's an obsolete OS.

Shame BB went and developed one thing for the Playbook then another new system with BB10. In hindsight they should have gone droidberry 3 years back.
    Because other companies don't want to support the OS (likely because BB doesn't fold to their desires to keep features from their consumers intentionally in order to be able to force their ads and subscription fees onto them like Google does...) doesn't make the OS itself obsolete. I use an Android every day for work, and I've had some experience with iOS and Windows Phone. BB10, by far, has the most useful features built into the OS.

But yes, the lack of support from these other companies make BB10 an OS that isn't very appealing to a lot of people.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-06-16 10:10 AM
    I have a PP. Don't get one. I love it but major apps like Facebook have already stopped working. Major Android apps are now being built on Android 4.4's API, so BB10's Android 4.3 runtime is going to be obsolete soon.

Wait for the Rome. If no real photos of it leak by like July then get an SE.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 02:07 AM
40 12