Not even a week after the "Hail Mary" Priv, we now get this? The it's not official but it's also not a rumor "Vienna"? And it already has its own subsection!

Wow.

I don't know what to think of all of this but I do feel cheated, as if that would matter anyways. For one, Bla1ze obviously knows more about what is going on with BlackBerry than he is willing to tell. And then we have Chen stating he is only going to do one or two handsets per year to "I can get out of handsets if needed" to "the market will decide" to "we love BB10 and its Devs!" to "well, we've actually been into this Android thing for two years now" to the Priv to the Vienna... ...and all within what, a month's time?

Is this the Canadian way?

At least some of us have 10.3.3 to look forward to.
    sum one likes this.
    11-11-15 11:21 PM
    you're not the only one, my SE is coming before Christmas.
    Jakob Greve and Q10Bold like this.
    11-11-15 11:23 PM
    I wish this would come OS10!

I have been a BlackBerry fan for almost a decade!
    And there is a reason why I have been sticking with BlackBerry's OS over Android/iOS.

Feel kinda fooled to be let down with devices that only have "recycled" chipsets since OS10's debute.
    (I let the Passport out, because a league of it's own.)

Have been sticking with BlackBerry through all the hard times - give me some love BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    sum one, Q10Bold and Eno Karapici like this.
    11-11-15 11:58 PM
    It's a rumor. Don't expect this device before fall 2016.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:25 AM
    What's happening is BlackBerry is finally listening to the market. I'm using the Priv right now and absolutely love it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 12:32 AM
    Maybe this is so people don't view the PRIV as a last ditch effort for BlackBerry.

I feel people's uncertainty around BlackBerry being around or in the handset business hurts sales and is almost a self fulfilling prophecy.

I think it's smart to let people know they valentine going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:54 AM
    This thing should come FOR BB10!!! I'm so sick of priv that, android this.
    Ugh!
    Q10Bold, AquaL3o and sirius27 like this.
    11-12-15 01:13 AM
    This thing should come FOR BB10!!! I'm so sick of priv that, android this.
    Ugh!
    Well, here is some more priv that, android this...lol:

BlackBerry has to think of what is best for them in the long run. The average cell phone user, accustomed to Android/iOS/both, is most likely not going to be interested in switching to BB10, especially if it lacks the amount of apps that the other two have access to. I think this is a smart move for BlackBerry if they want to stay in the hardware game; you can't stay on a canoe with holes on the bottom forever, it's time to jump ship for them. Unfortunate for die-hard BB10 fans like many of us.
    11-12-15 02:23 AM
    Like when Apple when made the transition from OS9 to OS X. Like when Apple made the transition from Power PC to Intel cpus.

Some things need to change so they can prevail into the future.

This is the transition to blackberry.

And maybe it is better now than if it was before. Every android phone is the same right know and they can steal the spotlight creating something unique.

Posted via CB10
    rjkolo and Hlao-roo like this.
    11-12-15 02:48 AM
    Well, here is some more priv that, android this...lol:

BlackBerry has to think of what is best for them in the long run. The average cell phone user, accustomed to Android/iOS/both, is most likely not going to be interested in switching to BB10, especially if it lacks the amount of apps that the other two have access to. I think this is a smart move for BlackBerry if they want to stay in the hardware game; you can't stay on a canoe with holes on the bottom forever, it's time to jump ship for them. Unfortunate for die-hard BB10 fans like many of us.
    I'd rather jump ship to Windows 10, thank you very much. As soon as my Passport and Q10 break (which won't be so for a couple of years, at least) that's what I'm gonna do. There's just no effin way I'm going back to that lameass OS analdroid. Even with the BlackBerry lipstick. Just.... No.
    qwertyhgfdsa likes this.
    11-12-15 02:52 AM
    I'd rather jump ship to Windows 10, thank you very much. As soon as my Passport and Q10 break (which won't be so for a couple of years, at least) that's what I'm gonna do. There's just no effin way I'm going back to that lameass OS analdroid. Even with the BlackBerry lipstick. Just.... No.
    I'd rather jump to iOS - than to Android.

I really feel fooled - I'm a BlackBerry customer since the 8700 launched back in late 2005.

I have always trusted and stood behind RIM/BlackBerry - also I took the word that BlackBerry would still support OS10.

So why would I chose a BlackBerry running Android?
    I chose a BlackBerry because of it's OS (sure and because of it's hardware).

I also know that BlackBerry needs to sell phones - which is fine to get some additional Android fans!
    But they shouldn't let the hard fanbase down, that have supported BlackBerry all the hard and struggling years!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:21 AM
    I'd rather jump to iOS - than to Android.

I really feel fooled - I'm a BlackBerry customer since the 8700 launched back in late 2005.

I have always trusted and stood behind RIM/BlackBerry - also I took the word that BlackBerry would still support OS10.

So why would I chose a BlackBerry running Android?
    I chose a BlackBerry because of it's OS (sure and because of it's hardware).

I also know that BlackBerry needs to sell phones - which is fine to get some additional Android fans!
    But they shouldn't let the hard fanbase down, that have supported BlackBerry all the hard and struggling years!

Posted via CB10
    Hear! Hear!
    11-12-15 03:55 AM
    Hear! Hear!
    It is how it is...

If I wanted Android - I'd have jumped the ship already.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 04:10 AM
    It is how it is...

If I wanted Android - I'd have jumped the ship already.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you, bro.
    Slash82 likes this.
    11-12-15 04:22 AM
    It's time for a sh1tstorm. Isn't it?
    I am so angry about this shhhht.

Sorry, but my patient is over. All these years of supporting BlackBerry and then they give a big pile of s**t to there loyal customers.

I'm done for now.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-12-15 05:24 AM
    If these Android devices are not for you, why don't you discuss it in the BB10 forum?

I don't get it.

PLEASE keep at least the VIENNA Forum free of those threads. You know BlackBerrys strategy now. If you don't agree, discuss it in a NON DEVICE SPECIFIC forum.
    11-12-15 05:50 AM
    If these Android devices are not for you, why don't you discuss it in the BB10 forum?

I don't get it.

PLEASE keep at least the VIENNA Forum free of those threads. You know BlackBerrys strategy now. If you don't agree, discuss it in a NON DEVICE SPECIFIC forum.
    Why? Because this is still Crackberry and this thread is about the Vienna.
    And BlackBerry should hear us loud & clear to this!

Here are still lot's of die-hard fans like me - who went all the way with BlackBerry and it didn't matter what the media said.
    We were there as BBOS (Java) was called "outdated", we were patient for BlackBerry 10 (even we had to wait a year longer than BlackBerry told us!) - because we stand behind this brand.
    Even if they go the "Android way" it is great to reach a new fanbase - hands down!

But BlackBerry should not forget about the fanbase that was the foundation that stood behind BlackBerry - even if it was a litte one.
    Also 800.000 (sold) devices / quarter are not that bad for company that came up with 3(!)years in a row with devices that had the same chipset (processor, RAM, mainboard), same camera etc.
    Being patient for new devices for such a long time and buying "recycled" hardware means a lot of love!

There are surely a lot of "old" fans, who just waited to UPGRADE their current devices to a phone like the Vienna!
    It combines all we loved the past years!
    And I can tell you why BlackBerry just sold 800.000 devices the last quarter:
    Why would you dump your Z10/Z30 for a Leap? - come on!
    Or leaving you Q10 for a Classic (with exactly the same chipset)?
    Or even switch from Android/iOS to a Leap?
    Last edited by Slash82; 11-12-15 at 08:08 AM.
    Al moon likes this.
    11-12-15 07:29 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:42 AM
    I can tell you why they sold 800,000 devices last quarter:

No apps.

Instead of perpetuating the feeding frenzy of misinformation on crackberry, ask non-BB people who DIDN'T buy BB phones why they didn't. Seriously. Just go to Android Central or iMore and start a thread "why didn't you buy a BB10 phone?" And then get the real truth, instead the truth you want to hear.

And by the way, 800,000 IS bad. REALLY bad. They lose tons of money on phones because they don't have the volume to recoup production costs. 3 months to sell less than what Apple or Samsung move in a week is pitiful.
    Bbnivende and DolemiteDONS like this.
    11-12-15 07:50 AM
    Blackberry used to be called the business phone for business people.
    However, judging by the comments bashing Blackberry for making some Android phones, it is quite obvious these BB10 consumers are still in either grade school or first year high school. They definitely need to take at least one semester of economics!
    If a company is slowly drowning because the masses aren't buying their product, they will close and all support for that product will cease.
    If they find another way to make money and keep above water (and maybe even become a power company again) the support for their original product could continue. If they close, it is doubtful they would transfer the support and update department to the homeless shelter.
    Maybe that was stated in a way that most of these bashers won't understand.
    Ok, so Blackberry is making Android phones which seem to be flying off the shelves which in turn will keep them in business which in turn will keep them supporting the BB10 OS which in turn would uh, I mean, should stop you from being unhappy that they are making Android phones.
    Economics 101.
    I like that Blackberry is running as a business and not dwelling like a fat out of shape middle aged guy still talking about winning the high school football game! The past is the past. It will usually drown you.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:59 AM
    BlackBerry sure know how to kick the balls of their loyalists, yeah? Wonderful.
    Bottom line comes first. Gotcha.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-12-15 08:05 AM
    By the way. I feel you can never bash a company for their decisions if you don't buy their stock. Buying a few phones over the years doesn't give you the right to bash their business decisions.
    I think if you invest all your money in Blackberry stock, your comments would be a bit more educated.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-12-15 08:05 AM

Why? Because this is still Crackberry and this thread is about the Vienna.
    And BlackBerry should here us loud & clear to this!

Here are still lot's of die-hard fans like me - who went all the way with BlackBerry and it didn't matter what the media said.
    We were there as BBOS (Java) was called "outdated", we were patient for BlackBerry 10 (even we had to wait a year longer than BlackBerry told us!) - because we stand behind this brand.
    Even if they go the "Android way" it is great to reach a new fanbase - hands down!

But BlackBerry should not forget about the fanbase that was the foundation that stood behind BlackBerry - even if it was a litte one.
    Also 800.000 (sold) devices / quarter are not that bad for company that came up with 3(!)years in a row with devices that had the same chipset (processor, RAM, mainboard), same camera etc.
    Being patient for new devices for such a long time and buying "recycled" hardware means a lot of love!

There are surely a lot of "old" fans, who just waited to UPGRADE their current devices to a phone like the Vienna!
    It combines all we loved the past years!
    And I can tell you why BlackBerry just sold 800.000 devices the last quarter:
    Why would you dump your Z10/Z30 for a Leap? - come on!
    Or leaving you Q10 for a Classic (with exactly the same chipset)?
    Or even switch from Android/iOS to a Leap?
    This exactly how it is.
    Why should I buy an Leap when my Z30 it's better?
    Has there bring out an Z30 follower, than I would buy a new phone.
    The Priv and Vienna are both NO Z10/Z30 follower. No matter what OS.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-12-15 08:14 AM
    Is this thread about being surprised that BlackBerry has switched its future new handsets to Android? That shouldn't be a surprise. An OS change isn't something you just try out to see if it works. It requires a major commitment from everyone involved from the developers to the carriers to the retailers. The switch has been done.
    Bluenoser63 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    11-12-15 08:19 AM
    It's a rumor. Don't expect this device before fall 2016.
    I'll make you a friendly bet, April 2017.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-12-15 09:09 AM
40 12