08-03-17 11:02 PM
112 ... 345
tools
    Just sharing, I do encounter signal dropping / lost issue in certain area that I go to (a couple of time but not a constant and frequent issue). What I do is, I reset the connectivity via the network setting reset, works like a charms everytime I do that. But do remember it will also reset any paired / stored Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection. Give it a try.

Note: sorry if the same alternative has been suggested much earlier as I did not ran through all the post in this section.
    07-29-17 06:02 PM
    I understand. I just mean I have seen posts with changes In dBm based on changes in settings. I am no expert in this stuff but your first comment made it sound like dBm wouldn't change based on settings.

Posted via CB10
    So that was what you mean, I got it wrong. I mean that poor reception isn't software issue. Changing network will change the receive band focus. Let say your keyone is poor on 4G, then if you change your network to 3G it will have better reception (with higher dBm) but it doesn't eliminate the fact that your keyone is still poor on 4G
    Last edited by chain13; 07-30-17 at 09:03 PM.
    07-29-17 08:00 PM
    yeah i just hope this is just a software based issue and it will be rectified on future updates, but if it's hardware related, then.. i won't make a jump here..
    07-30-17 06:38 AM
    Have had my K1 for over a month now. no issues whatsoever. Great phone!
    07-30-17 08:12 AM
    Hey OP, just letting you know. I've had 2 Keyones now and my latest has better signal than my old one using the same network/in same location.

so I guess they aren't all made equal? So keep that in mind before blaming the carrier etc
    08-02-17 09:34 PM
    Hey OP, just letting you know. I've had 2 Keyones now and my latest has better signal than my old one using the same network/in same location.

so I guess they aren't all made equal? So keep that in mind before blaming the carrier etc
    Now I have high hopes I'll have a good one as soon as I receive my K1 again.
    08-03-17 05:28 AM

good to know. sounds like QA improved process control ;-).
    08-03-17 06:16 AM
    I haven't read the entire thread yet but I'm the UK (not far from London) and I'm very disappointed with the reception on my KEYone. I anticipated it would be so much better than my BBQ5 (which I used and loved - for five years!) because that had pretty poor reception too.
    08-03-17 07:38 AM
    This type of harsh reality - many people reporting multiple issues - has me feeling very un-sure of pulling the trigger on a KeyOne with Rogers. Am I supposed to believe the "bad batch" theory being suggested? Not knowing anything about phone manufacturing cycles, when can I be sure of a "good batch" being available in my market? I've been tolerating my Passport SE for over a year..device is plagued with re-booting issues and drives me crazy far too often.

I'm SO ready for a new device. I really want to stick with a PKB. The K1 seems like an ideal device for my business-oriented use and I've waited patiently (like the rest of us) since the first announcement at CES. Now I'm at the point where I'm scared to get one and start on the road of returns/replacements/lost time/etc...

I loved the Z30 before the Passport and tell myself I could easily get used to a VKB again...which opens up possibility of Samsung S8 or LG G6.

Wow, can somebody out there instill me with some confidence that going K1 is a good idea at this time?
    I got my K1 about 5 days ago. It had some glitches on the first day, when the phone app locked up and couldn't make calls. Called Verizon, they re-registered my SIM card and it has been working fine ever since. I noticed that you have to hold the BB close to your face when talking on it, otherwise it doesn't pick up your voice that well. Also, here in the US I am unable to talk and surf the Web at the same time unless I have wi-fi, but these are things I can live with. I stopped using the BB after they went away from the keyboard, but I am SO happy I have a BB again. Wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    08-03-17 07:44 AM
    for what it's worth, I did notice a call reception / quality difference on my first Keyone (purchases June 2), from my Classic. I had to return it for keyboard issue and got a new one on July 28.. call reception quality is better on this new Keyone.. don't know why that would be, but it is.
    08-03-17 09:20 AM
    good to know. I was hoping this was silently addressed. waiting to hear about the black one too. this and screen lift kept me from buying. but now I want dual sim also! ha
    08-03-17 12:45 PM
    Absolute crap reception on the KEYone here in Hong Kong. You have to actually find an area where you can get 3-4 bars and stand still for the entirety of the call and even then you're not guaranteed the call won't drop.

Free WhatsApp between Australia and Hong Kong provides better clarity and stability.
    08-03-17 11:02 PM
112 ... 345