08-03-17 11:02 PM
112 1234 ...
tools
    This type of harsh reality - many people reporting multiple issues - has me feeling very un-sure of pulling the trigger on a KeyOne with Rogers. Am I supposed to believe the "bad batch" theory being suggested? Not knowing anything about phone manufacturing cycles, when can I be sure of a "good batch" being available in my market? I've been tolerating my Passport SE for over a year..device is plagued with re-booting issues and drives me crazy far too often.

I'm SO ready for a new device. I really want to stick with a PKB. The K1 seems like an ideal device for my business-oriented use and I've waited patiently (like the rest of us) since the first announcement at CES. Now I'm at the point where I'm scared to get one and start on the road of returns/replacements/lost time/etc...

I loved the Z30 before the Passport and tell myself I could easily get used to a VKB again...which opens up possibility of Samsung S8 or LG G6.

Wow, can somebody out there instill me with some confidence that going K1 is a good idea at this time?
    I have two Passports, OG and SE having zero problems, so, do a wipe and reload all. Should be fine. Also I have Cobalt installed. Everything is peachy and I expect both to be viable another two years at least.

EndRacism
    06-07-17 07:51 AM
    VAncouver on Telus. Excellent Reception.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-07-17 08:04 AM
    I'm with Rogers and I was getting notifications saying I missed a call, yet I never got a call come through to the device. Happened 10-12 times within a few days. Called Rogers and they said turn off voice over lte, and instantly my issue was fixed!
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-07-17 08:52 AM

I loved the Z30 before the Passport and tell myself I could easily get used to a VKB again...which opens up possibility of Samsung S8 or LG G6.

Wow, can somebody out there instill me with some confidence that going K1 is a good idea at this time?
    Have you considered the Dtek60? Mine works flawlessly. While the battery life is probably not as good as the keyone it's decent. Great camera too.
    06-07-17 09:48 AM
    Well, if it helps, I'm actually really liking my G6, much more than I thought I would actually.

The Keyone is a cheap device made with cheap parts. And these are the results.

I wish it weren't so, I wish it was a success. But really, TCL has never made an "outstanding" device. They've always made "OK" devices. That's their niche.

The problem is that they're charging a small fortune for a device that doesn't warrant it, and they're capitalizing on the blackberry faithful to buy up the small stock, make a tidy profit on the devices, and then tell them to get bent.
    Did you actually use or hold a KEYone before making this assessment? I actually think the build quality is outstanding. And with that said, bought it from my carrier and have had zero issues with reception and call quality myself. In fact, it is superior to what my Priv was.
    06-07-17 11:22 AM
    If people can't hear you, maybe you hit convenience key by accident during phone call? It mutes microphone. I hated that at first, but I found it very useful when using BT earphones. Just a thought...
    06-07-17 11:44 AM
    I have encountered no connection issues here in Paris on the KEYone, and on two phone conversations I've been asked if I'd changed mobiles since the sound was much better. I was making the calls from the same office as usual.
    06-07-17 11:45 AM
    So I've had the K1 now for 3 days and can confirm there is a serious problem with antenna. Everything else is perfect (aside from sharper edge on ear during calls which can be resolved with a case)!

I am coming from a 6S+ and never had to deal with dropped calls so frequently. Many times I am on the phone and it drops or other side says they hear me very poorly. I'm going to watch how this progresses and hope it can be resolved with a firmware update in the future, but this is really, really not good!

I have latest updates to Android and all software up to date...

Unfortunately if this persists, I may have to move on...I really don't want to, but call quality is a definite requirement!

FYI, I'm with Bell in Canada and seems many people having this issue as well. Location I am in is Aurora, ON which is just north of Toronto, but again I had my iPhone with same carrier/location and none of this happened before.
    I just returned mine to Amazon due to poor reception signal was so weak I lost calls or had no network reception there is most definitely an issue if you are in a weak area. Iphone 7 no issues never a lost call and never lost network connection.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-11-17 09:58 PM
    I asked bbmobile for an explanation #waiting
    06-11-17 11:10 PM
    I asked bbmobile for an explanation #waiting
    Good luck getting a reply from them. I sent them a simple question over a week ago and have yet to hear back from them.
    06-11-17 11:17 PM
    have any of you tried to turn off voice over lte to see if that helps? I had a reception issue as well but it was with missing calls, once I turned this feature off my calls are back on par with the quality I was getting from my other phones.
    06-13-17 08:21 AM
    I could talk all day long in the basement of my house with no issues on all Blackberry 10 phones. When I got the dtek60 I dropped calls here and there. Now the KeyOne.. I can't talk at all ! I lose 📶 half way down the stairs! The notification between service and no service is constant! pretty disappointed as my office at home is in the basement ..
    I had the same issue with Dtek60 and now with Keyone very frustrating. You see how I love blackberry phones but this issue is a deal breaker for me. There is no assurance yet on how TCL will address the situation I bought online and a replacement seem to be impossible for now.
    07-12-17 06:26 AM
    I had the same issue with Dtek60 and now with Keyone very frustrating. You see how I love blackberry phones but this issue is a deal breaker for me. There is no assurance yet on how TCL will address the situation I bought online and a replacement seem to be impossible for now.
    What carrier are you on? I know on Verizon I had to change my PLMN (Preferred network) combination to 311480 (Verizon's network code for hVolte) since it wasn't doing it automatically at boot. If you care to try this, let me know I can tell you how to go about it.
    07-12-17 08:01 AM
    Hey everyone. I had a samsung S7 on Rogers and a Keyone on Rogers. Both phones were in my office sitting on my desk. Both with new Sim cards and both fully charged. I missed 8 calls on the Keyone without touching it and my samsung never missed one call. I would randomly get voicemail messages saying I missed a call.

The Keyone had some serious reception problems with my unit. I'll wait till I know that the reception is better. BTW I'm using my classic and even though it has one bar in my office, like the samsung, I never missed a call.

The dB was between -98 and -115 on al devices but the samsung and classic could hold onto a signal and I could answer and talk without any issues.

I hope they can fix this issue because I loved that unit and device (keyone). Perfect for a small business owner.

This is the only reason I gave up my blackberry keyone.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 08:16 AM
    So I've had the K1 now for 3 days and can confirm there is a serious problem with antenna. Everything else is perfect (aside from sharper edge on ear during calls which can be resolved with a case)!

I am coming from a 6S+ and never had to deal with dropped calls so frequently. Many times I am on the phone and it drops or other side says they hear me very poorly. I'm going to watch how this progresses and hope it can be resolved with a firmware update in the future, but this is really, really not good!

I have latest updates to Android and all software up to date...

Unfortunately if this persists, I may have to move on...I really don't want to, but call quality is a definite requirement!

FYI, I'm with Bell in Canada and seems many people having this issue as well. Location I am in is Aurora, ON which is just north of Toronto, but again I had my iPhone with same carrier/location and none of this happened before.
    Lots of conjecture in your comments. You can "confirm" there's a reception issue and you hope it's corrected with a "firmware update"?

****NEWSFLASH**** Guess what? There are a lot of K1 users who do NOT have reception issues, including myself, in which my K1 is actually getting better reception than my Priv. So... your subjective comments don't connect with me... no pun intended.

Now, could there be something wrong with your K1? Of course, that's very possible. Have you called your carrier and described to them what is happening? Have you attempted to get a replacement K1?

Since you are coming from an S6 and you don't mind a VKB, you should probably go with an S8. I wouldn't wait around for a firmware update to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
    07-12-17 08:31 AM
    Haven't had a dropped call or any issues here in Idaho.
    07-12-17 08:53 AM
    I've had intermittent connection problems. Where I've had the phone struggle is in places where reception is weaker. On my two other phones I still get calls and have data, but the K1 drops the signal and no calls or data.

I'm in and out of a lot of hospitals where the signal can sometimes be spotty. The K1 completely drops the signal where I've never had an issue getting a signal before.

The antennae does seem to be weaker, at least in my experience with the phone.
    07-12-17 09:02 AM
    In Canada and while the reception is not as good as my Passport, it is as good as my last non-BB device. I had a serious reception issue until I fooled around with and changed the default mobile network type. Now, the reception is fine.
    07-12-17 09:46 AM
    I'm on Rogers in Toronto and never lost a signal with my Passport and Priv in my basement. However, with the KEYone, I'm not confident about taking calls in the basement as I had a few drop. In fact, I find myself going upstairs or outside for important calls. Never even thought to do this on any previous phone.

I hope this is a firmware issue, so I will wait for the July 17 Rogers update to find out. Fingers crossed.
    07-12-17 10:04 AM
    I also experienced signal issues which led to me returning it, unfortunately. In my home it struggled to get one bar of signal anywhere, even on the second floor beside a window, and I have two towers less than 1km away.
    Called Telus about it and they suggested it could be a faulty simcard (Telus sent me a new one with the phone) but I ruled that out as well. Too bad, sounds like this is an issue that is affecting certain units. I guess I can always wait a few months until the unlocked ones finally go up for sale, and try again...if I feel so inclined.
    07-12-17 10:06 AM
    Well, if it helps, I'm actually really liking my G6, much more than I thought I would actually.

The Keyone is a cheap device made with cheap parts. And these are the results.

I wish it weren't so, I wish it was a success. But really, TCL has never made an "outstanding" device. They've always made "OK" devices. That's their niche.

The problem is that they're charging a small fortune for a device that doesn't warrant it, and they're capitalizing on the blackberry faithful to buy up the small stock, make a tidy profit on the devices, and then tell them to get bent.
    This sums it up beautifully. Until BlackBerry lends their expertise to TCL in the way of licensing their telephony patents, the TCL manufactured BlackBerries are going to suffer in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 10:58 AM
    It's funny. I just got another call in the basement, and it dropped within a minute. Had to go into the back yard to talk. Arghh..... this is so frustrating.
    07-12-17 11:48 AM
    I'm on Bell in Ontario Canada, had a repeater installed in the office which is directly above my desk and bounces from 2 - 4 bars.

Also makes no difference if holding or sitting on desk.
    07-12-17 12:19 PM
    using my KEYone a few weeks now in Germany and have noticed serious problems with the reception.
    Dropping calls and entire lack of reception.
    Mobile data is working after enabling and disabling flight mode, but most the times only to the next tower or base change (4G to 3G or 2G). Then there is the mic that's not that good. Overall not that good in this regard.
    I'm switching to 2G only and using a headset when there is a longer call expected.

Priv and Passport never had such problems, they did what they we're supposed to: simple make or answer a call without worrying about call quality or environment noise
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-12-17 12:28 PM
    TCL/BBM hopefully take note: NA is rather different compare to China. It might be common in Asia to buy a patch antenna to glue it on the back of your phone to enhance reception, it is very un-common here. if BBM want to carry BB namd and be a leader in the brand name field, make sure use high conductive materials with excellent clearance between the antenna pattern (no leakage)... especially 3D design style. as I mentioned before, a patch (even it called to boost the signal for dtek60 and k1) is not acceptable... (better have para). Cell Antenna Signal Booster for Blackberry Keyone/DTEK60 Smartphone Cell Phone
    07-12-17 01:29 PM
112 1234 ...