Having huge issues with reception in Miami on AT&T with my KeyOne.. I've gone through all AT&T high level support and configuration to no avail.. After 2 case numbers from BlackBerry support they've stopped returning my calls and can only resort to chaos and confusion.. This is a serious issue because my 14 day return window expired at Best Buy.. I can't make any calls from home and 80% of my calls drop when I'm fortunate to connect.. Everything else on the KeyOne rocks- but in the end, it's a phone, and a phone needs to be able to make calls.... Someone help me...
    07-15-17 09:39 PM
    Having huge issues with reception in Miami on AT&T with my KeyOne.. I've gone through all AT&T high level support and configuration to no avail.. After 2 case numbers from BlackBerry support they've stopped returning my calls and can only resort to chaos and confusion.. This is a serious issue because my 14 day return window expired at Best Buy.. I can't make any calls from home and 80% of my calls drop when I'm fortunate to connect.. Everything else on the KeyOne rocks- but in the end, it's a phone, and a phone needs to be able to make calls.... Someone help me...
    I read somewhere, may have been this thread. Get a case to keep from making skin contact with the metal of the phone. That is if you haven't already
    07-15-17 10:45 PM
    Thanks.. I've ordered one to see if it helps.. But this is a phone I'd want to use without a case. But if it solved the issue, that would be great.. And thanks for the reply...
    07-16-17 07:56 AM
    I would try swapping the SIM cards at an ATT store and see if it makes a difference. on my phone with verizon it solved the issue. They ended up using a non NFC card like the iphone uses.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    07-16-17 09:43 AM
    I chose HD calling to be activated on my Verizon account page but the K1 does not show advanced calling and it is not able to choose it. When I recd Fone I put Classic SIM into the K1. What and how did u get HD to work in us? On vzw? Thanks in advance
    07-21-17 08:35 AM
    So I've had the K1 now for 3 days and can confirm there is a serious problem with antenna. Everything else is perfect (aside from sharper edge on ear during calls which can be resolved with a case)!

I am coming from a 6S+ and never had to deal with dropped calls so frequently. Many times I am on the phone and it drops or other side says they hear me very poorly. I'm going to watch how this progresses and hope it can be resolved with a firmware update in the future, but this is really, really not good!

I have latest updates to Android and all software up to date...

Unfortunately if this persists, I may have to move on...I really don't want to, but call quality is a definite requirement!

FYI, I'm with Bell in Canada and seems many people having this issue as well. Location I am in is Aurora, ON which is just north of Toronto, but again I had my iPhone with same carrier/location and none of this happened before.
    Bell has inter carrier free roaming with Rogers and Telus towers......still bad reception!?
    07-21-17 11:13 AM
    Many times I am on the phone and it drops or other side says they hear me very poorly.
    Exact same thing is happening to me. I have the latest updates installed. Hope they'll fix this asap and it's not hardware-releated, otherwise I'll have to return it. /=

It's 100% not my carriers fault, since I have tested on a second device that doesn't have any problems like that.
    Malduin66 likes this.
    07-24-17 10:27 AM
    I took the refund and went straight to the Apple store.
    Yuck.
    07-24-17 10:30 AM
    Great!!!
    07-28-17 05:02 AM
    I am coming from BlackBerry Passport, having same issues in Germany. I live in a region with bad reception. On my Passport I was able to make calls, on the K1 not able at all. I had to buy an external antenna on m7 house on order to solve the problem. After using the K1 for 2 weeks, I am missing my Passport. Now I even appreciate the BB10 OS even more. I don't have many apps on my phone and use it mainly for business. This Android OS is for kids, terrible.
    07-28-17 06:05 AM
    I think it's safe to say that the K1's reception is not great. I've had mine for over a month now and have reception issues at places where I frequent which I did not have issues with my Passport or Classic. Bummer. Seriously debating on whether or not to go back to a Passport.
    07-28-17 08:38 AM
    The real problem starts if you hold the device in your hands (without case) and touch / bridge parts of the metal frame, then the KEYᵒⁿᵉ looses up to 20dbm on LTE Band 20, 9dbm on LTE Band 7 . The results for the other LTE Bands are in-between. Remember: a change of 3dm means double / half reception.
    That's why its called antennagate. Antennagate can affect the reception.

Who at BlackBerry ever said it was 100% their design? It was alleged Chen had a K1 prototype on his desk. Who says it was an exact replica of the final version? Nothing but unfounded assumptions. Don't confuse the issue. A BlackBerry logo no longer means designed by BlackBerry. Period.
    It's designed by blackberry, with all its weaknesses.
    07-28-17 09:36 AM
    I am in the states and I switched my sim from my s8 to the keyone and it had great reception with clear calls. I am on AT&T network I believe when you switch Sims from different platforms is where the issues arise.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 10:21 AM
    I'm with Rogers in Canada and I definitely get lower signal on the Keyone than I do with any other phone. Shame because it's almost useless in my home and at work where signal is less than perfect. Even with 2 to 3 bars the call quality is poor with constant cutting out.

Whereas an iPhone, S7 and Lumia 950 with the same sim card are all perfectly useable in both locations.
    07-28-17 02:36 PM
    How do we now this is an antenna issue and not some misconfiguration or bad default settings in the software?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 05:25 PM
    The reception of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ ist not generally weaker. It is on par with the S7 on SOME LTE bands.

Install an app like "LTE Recovery" and check the dbm value.

I have tested 3 KEYᵒⁿᵉ 's and they are all the same.

deeper look at:

On LTE Band 7 the reception is on par with the S7, but not on LTE Band 20, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is about 7 dbm lower. This is the reason why some people complain, and other not.

The real problem starts if you hold the device in your hands (without case) and touch / bridge parts of the metal frame, then the KEYᵒⁿᵉ looses up to 20dbm on LTE Band 20, 9dbm on LTE Band 7 . The results for the other LTE Bands are in-between. Remember: a change of 3dm means double / half reception.

So a User that has a case on and operation on some LTE / 3G bands will have no problems, others on other bands / frequencies WILL have a significant drop in the signal quality.
    This is exactly my experience with Telstra in Australia
    07-28-17 10:14 PM
    How do we now this is an antenna issue and not some misconfiguration or bad default settings in the software?

Posted via CB10
    Software has nothing much to do with the power received (dBm).
    07-29-17 12:15 AM
    This is exactly my experience with Telstra in Australia
    you meant using Keyone on Telstra also has this issue? that's not good.. really not good..

seriously this reception issue is the only gripe holding me back from getting the keyone. if this phone can't perform at its best reception, i'd have to think of exploring another option.
    07-29-17 05:52 AM
    It would be fine in town I live in a rural fringe area, a great phone though I really like it - pity I can't live with it the way it is. This is the first BlackBerry that hasn't worked at my house.
    07-29-17 06:30 AM
    Software has nothing much to do with the power received (dBm).
    Some people have reported differences after changing network settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 06:59 AM
    ...there should really be a way to avoid these discussions and simply evaluate if the signal difficulties are the faults of the signal provider or if they're the fault of the phone. At my location I've determined that the fault is because of the general tendency of signal providers to remove their 2G and even 3G coverage in favor of installing antennas for 4G and LTE thereby saving the tower rental fees. This reduces the overall coverage in rural areas, of which this is one, but is detrimental to coverage into structures and such. The difference between coverages of different providers is sometimes due to this cost savings behavior on their part. As for myself I've been furnished a FemToCell device to mitigate the signal strength drop.
    07-29-17 07:02 AM
    Some people have reported differences after changing network settings.

Posted via CB10
    That's because every networks and carriers have different frequency bands. Your reception could be good on some bands, or could be worst on others.
    07-29-17 07:47 AM
    I've been holding out on the Keyone since it was released. But after reading about the screen issue and now it's bad reception, I didn't want to chance it. Extremely disappointed. Been with BlackBerry for about 14 years.

Bought myself a Oneplus 5. Android sucks, and I hate typing on glass, but at least I have a phone that works.

If TCL is still making BlackBerry phones in 3 years, I'll take a peak at their offerings.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 07:51 AM
    That's because every networks and carriers have different frequency bands. Your reception could be good on some bands, or could be worst on others.
    I understand. I just mean I have seen posts with changes In dBm based on changes in settings. I am no expert in this stuff but your first comment made it sound like dBm wouldn't change based on settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 08:10 AM
    After switching the SIM card at a Verizon store the issue was solved and I have tested the phone next to my iPhone 6 and they have the exact same number of bars, and they lose reception at the same locations as well, in some cases the Keyone actually had slightly better reception. However the iphone when there was no reception, had wifi calling and still worked while the Keyone due to no wifi calling did not!
    stlabrat likes this.
    07-29-17 11:03 AM
112 ... 2345