So I've had the K1 now for 3 days and can confirm there is a serious problem with antenna. Everything else is perfect (aside from sharper edge on ear during calls which can be resolved with a case)!

I am coming from a 6S+ and never had to deal with dropped calls so frequently. Many times I am on the phone and it drops or other side says they hear me very poorly. I'm going to watch how this progresses and hope it can be resolved with a firmware update in the future, but this is really, really not good!

I have latest updates to Android and all software up to date...

Unfortunately if this persists, I may have to move on...I really don't want to, but call quality is a definite requirement!

FYI, I'm with Bell in Canada and seems many people having this issue as well. Location I am in is Aurora, ON which is just north of Toronto, but again I had my iPhone with same carrier/location and none of this happened before.
    06-03-17 02:10 PM
    Thanks for letting me know, I recently switched to Bell but I am east of T.O and had no issues on my Passport. I have been slowly working into android on the KEYone and have yet to put the sim card in. After reading your thread, I am going to pop it in and try it out before my first 2 weeks of warranty expires. I believe that I can do a return for a full refund within that time frame if I am under 50 minutes in calls and under 50megs of data, correct me if I am wrong tho but I did pay with a credit card, thanks OP, I will try and report back soon after testing in my area but it might obviously differ. I will also try in my basement and at the local mall.

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    06-03-17 02:21 PM
    So I've had the K1 now for 3 days and can confirm there is a serious problem with antenna. Everything else is perfect (aside from sharper edge on ear during calls which can be resolved with a case)!

I am coming from a 6S+ and never had to deal with dropped calls so frequently. Many times I am on the phone and it drops or other side says they hear me very poorly. I'm going to watch how this progresses and hope it can be resolved with a firmware update in the future, but this is really, really not good!

I have latest updates to Android and all software up to date...

Unfortunately if this persists, I may have to move on...I really don't want to, but call quality is a definite requirement!

FYI, I'm with Bell in Canada and seems many people having this issue as well. Location I am in is Aurora, ON which is just north of Toronto, but again I had my iPhone with same carrier/location and none of this happened before.
    I'm about to post another update in my second thread on this subject. Check it out.
    06-03-17 03:17 PM
    works perfectly here in Dubai, always on 4G and full bars
    06-03-17 05:59 PM
    Perfect here in Chicago with the KEYone.
    06-03-17 06:27 PM
    are you on tmo? I'm in the Chicago suburbs and my signal is worse than on my Mate 9.
    06-03-17 06:31 PM
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. Mine is perfect here in the US. Full AT&T LTE.
    06-03-17 06:41 PM
    are you on tmo? I'm in the Chicago suburbs and my signal is worse than on my Mate 9.
    Yep, T-Mobile. Just as good as it was with the PRIV.
    9lives353 and eiruvrav like this.
    06-03-17 07:07 PM
    I'm about to post another update in my second thread on this subject. Check it out.
    You might want to update this thread since it seems you solved the issue.
    deiop likes this.
    06-03-17 07:21 PM
    I think you're right. I have two S7s at my house (AT&T). They usually have 1-3 bars and show "no service" about 5% if the time.
    With my K1 I am showing "no service" 50% of the time - If I make a call, it will drop in the first minute. Completely different to my S7s.
    06-03-17 09:05 PM
    I've also noticed that the 4G signal is sometimes weak here in Toronto on Rogers on the KeyOne. There was no such problem with bB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 09:36 PM
    I posted else where earlier, with same problem of very weak call signal and drop outs. I have a Z30 and the reception has never been an issue,no matter where I was calling from. Rogers Aurora store tried everything to see if they could resolve the issue, but couldn't. I was told, I could only make 30 minutes or less of phone calls or I would be stuck with the phone . I returned it.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 03:11 AM
    In Louisville, KY I am having no problems. Voice quality on calls is better than my Galaxy s7. Signal is robust.
    06-05-17 02:04 PM
    So today I couldn't take it anymore. I had to walk to the end of my driveway to make a call and it still drops and/or people can't hear me! Recreated situation in mall for Bell and they gave me two choices.

1. DOA device and replace with new one
    2. Full refund

Because I was well over 15 minute talk time and 50MB data, they made an exception for my return. Also, if I took the replacement device, I could not get a refund afterward and would be stuck going from K1 to K1 if in fact the call reception is weak in all devices, my area, provider...

Not to forget that I find the speaker very tinny and the speakerphone sounds like someone is speaking through a toilet paper roll...

I took the refund and went straight to the Apple store.
    06-06-17 06:31 PM
    So today I couldn't take it anymore. I had to walk to the end of my driveway to make a call and it still drops and/or people can't hear me! Recreated situation in mall for Bell and they gave me two choices.

1. DOA device and replace with new one
    2. Full refund

Because I was well over 15 minute talk time and 50MB data, they made an exception for my return. Also, if I took the replacement device, I could not get a refund afterward and would be stuck going from K1 to K1 if in fact the call reception is weak in all devices, my area, provider...

Not to forget that I find the speaker very tinny and the speakerphone sounds like someone is speaking through a toilet paper roll...

I took the refund and went straight to the Apple store.
    Take the money and buy another one
    06-06-17 06:51 PM
    So to restart at zero
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-06-17 06:52 PM
    I don't have that problem at ALL.
    06-06-17 07:35 PM
    This type of harsh reality - many people reporting multiple issues - has me feeling very un-sure of pulling the trigger on a KeyOne with Rogers. Am I supposed to believe the "bad batch" theory being suggested? Not knowing anything about phone manufacturing cycles, when can I be sure of a "good batch" being available in my market? I've been tolerating my Passport SE for over a year..device is plagued with re-booting issues and drives me crazy far too often.

I'm SO ready for a new device. I really want to stick with a PKB. The K1 seems like an ideal device for my business-oriented use and I've waited patiently (like the rest of us) since the first announcement at CES. Now I'm at the point where I'm scared to get one and start on the road of returns/replacements/lost time/etc...

I loved the Z30 before the Passport and tell myself I could easily get used to a VKB again...which opens up possibility of Samsung S8 or LG G6.

Wow, can somebody out there instill me with some confidence that going K1 is a good idea at this time?
    06-06-17 07:38 PM
    How the world works: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

There are a lot of things in this life to fear, but buying a phone from a reputable and experienced manufacturer of electronics is not one of them. Buy it. Seriously folks, read the linked page. It really is helpful. There never has been, nor will there ever be, a failure free product. The odds are overwhelmingly in your favor to get a good phone.
    jamesharmeling and FF22 like this.
    06-06-17 07:44 PM
    This type of harsh reality - many people reporting multiple issues - has me feeling very un-sure of pulling the trigger on a KeyOne with Rogers. Am I supposed to believe the "bad batch" theory being suggested? Not knowing anything about phone manufacturing cycles, when can I be sure of a "good batch" being available in my market? I've been tolerating my Passport SE for over a year..device is plagued with re-booting issues and drives me crazy far too often.

I'm SO ready for a new device. I really want to stick with a PKB. The K1 seems like an ideal device for my business-oriented use and I've waited patiently (like the rest of us) since the first announcement at CES. Now I'm at the point where I'm scared to get one and start on the road of returns/replacements/lost time/etc...

I loved the Z30 before the Passport and tell myself I could easily get used to a VKB again...which opens up possibility of Samsung S8 or LG G6.

Wow, can somebody out there instill me with some confidence that going K1 is a good idea at this time?
    The only way for you to know is to try it....
    06-06-17 07:45 PM
    All anyone can do is provide their personal experience. I have it about five days now and overall I'm happy with the camera, the keyboard, the battery life (eventually - took a few days to settle down), the general feel of the device. I took to the keyboard within a day. I really enjoy the pkb experience and it's WAY better than the Priv, for me.

I've definitely had signal issues where coverage is poor but not something I notice if coverage is solid. I have to decide if I want to put up with that in exchange for the definite pleasures that the device brings.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-06-17 07:56 PM

I have one of the bad Privs, so I'm in no rush to buy the K1 until I see how this all pans out. The main complaint seems to be reception, and that's a big deal to me.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-06-17 10:14 PM
    and tell myself I could easily get used to a VKB again...which opens up possibility of Samsung S8 or LG G6.

Well, if it helps, I'm actually really liking my G6, much more than I thought I would actually.

The Keyone is a cheap device made with cheap parts. And these are the results.

I wish it weren't so, I wish it was a success. But really, TCL has never made an "outstanding" device. They've always made "OK" devices. That's their niche.

The problem is that they're charging a small fortune for a device that doesn't warrant it, and they're capitalizing on the blackberry faithful to buy up the small stock, make a tidy profit on the devices, and then tell them to get bent.
    06-07-17 03:11 AM
    Well, if it helps, I'm actually really liking my G6, much more than I thought I would actually.

The Keyone is a cheap device made with cheap parts. And these are the results.
    no. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Your G6 is a carrier-branded phone. The K1 is a factory-unlocked phone, without any carrier "special sauce" built in.

There can be a BIG difference. And there are reasons for that.

Apples and oranges.
    06-07-17 05:14 AM
    I could talk all day long in the basement of my house with no issues on all Blackberry 10 phones. When I got the dtek60 I dropped calls here and there. Now the KeyOne.. I can't talk at all ! I lose 📶 half way down the stairs! The notification between service and no service is constant! pretty disappointed as my office at home is in the basement ..
    06-07-17 06:42 AM
112 123 ...