Or he used the OTA files for other variants of the hardware model in which case it's a perfectly fine version, just not yet released for the unlocked UK KEYones for whatever reason.

It's all explained here: BlackBerry KEYone OTA updates for different variants :: wiki.mbirth.de
    Thanks for the setup guide, I am now running AAO472 on an unlocked KEYone 100-2 on VodafoneNL

Test mode is switched off, Will I now get future update's that are pushed by my own carrier?

Can I leave advanced mode on? Or do I need to take the steps to default the update's app?
    09-22-17 07:29 AM
    Test mode is switched off, Will I now get future update's that are pushed by my own carrier?

Can I leave advanced mode on? Or do I need to take the steps to default the update's app?
    Yes, after test mode is switched off, it behaves like normal.

And you can leave advanced mode on without any problem. Just make sure you don't forget to turn off the test mode/emulation some day...
    09-22-17 07:40 AM
    Yes, after test mode is switched off, it behaves like normal.

And you can leave advanced mode on without any problem. Just make sure you don't forget to turn off the test mode/emulation some day...
    Yes I did that right after the new firmware was installed, so test mode is off again. Thanks for the reply.

By the way, where did you get the information about the update process and work around?
    09-22-17 07:45 AM
    By the way, where did you get the information about the update process and work around?
    It started when I found @thurask 's thread about how to query the update server. And after decompiling and browsing through the code of the Updater app, I stumbled over the advanced mode. The rest was trial and error. And knowing a bit about Android's update mechanism from my time with Nexus devices.
    scott8629 likes this.
    09-22-17 07:57 AM
    Awesome to hear so many of you are finally getting the update, I'm still waiting. :'(

Not quite game to try the manual method I think.

I just don't understand why it isn't being pushed out sooner, I would've thought that'd be one of the benefits of having an unlocked, non-carrier device.
    09-22-17 09:06 AM
    Finally got it through Telus this am.
    09-22-17 09:15 AM
    Awesome to hear so many of you are finally getting the update, I'm still waiting. :'(

Not quite game to try the manual method I think.

I just don't understand why it isn't being pushed out sooner, I would've thought that'd be one of the benefits of having an unlocked, non-carrier device.
    It's very easy. I quite like taking control of my device.

Great forum community work here!
    09-22-17 10:12 AM
    Stiiiiiiillllllllll waiting on AT&T to send out September.
    09-22-17 11:29 AM
    Stiiiiiiillllllllll waiting on AT&T to send out September.
    Same
    09-22-17 01:22 PM
    can any one chim in on what's in this update ?
    ty
    09-22-17 02:07 PM
    ty
    Fixes notification and background services bug, and patches Bluetooth vulnerability.
    09-22-17 02:25 PM
    ty
    Fixes notification and background services bug, and patches Bluetooth vulnerability.
    09-22-17 02:25 PM
    So, is the UK the only country at July security update? It looks like a bizarre exception
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-22-17 03:14 PM
    So, is the UK the only country at July security update? It looks like a bizarre exception
    Yes.
    Still not updating to UK devices!
    09-22-17 03:16 PM
    Yes.
    Still not updating to UK devices!
    Damn Brexit!
    09-22-17 03:30 PM
    Embarrassing situation for BBmo. We are all expecting an explanation, no more lies. September update did not arrive. What's next? Waiting until October? Then November? Then one more year? Then the model is outdated so you don't need to worry. But you did cashflow on time 😠. Yes, I am not happy
    09-22-17 04:14 PM
    Embarrassing situation for BBmo. We are all expecting an explanation, no more lies. September update did not arrive. What's next? Waiting until October? Then November? Then one more year? Then the model is outdated so you don't need to worry. But you did cashflow on time . Yes, I am not happy
    30 of 37 variants have the Sep patch representing about 98% of the user base.
    09-22-17 04:41 PM
    The full OSes (i.e. what the scanner picks up) usually come before the patch files (i.e. what comes OTA). So the Brits aren't out of the woods just yet.
    09-22-17 04:48 PM
    If the above list includes so many variants, I don't understand why I don't have the update. I have an unlocked, Amazon US purchased BBB100-1.

Surely that's not the single variant that doesn't have the update?

No update.
    09-22-17 04:54 PM
    If the above list includes so many variants, I don't understand why I don't have the update. I have an unlocked, Amazon US purchased BBB100-1.

Surely that's not the single variant that doesn't have the update?

No update.
    You should absolutely have the update. That was released on Sep 8.
    freinhar likes this.
    09-22-17 04:58 PM
    You should absolutely have the update. That was released on Sep 8.
    I would have thought so but alas... screenshot from 30 secs ago.
    09-22-17 05:03 PM
    I would have thought so but alas... screenshot from 30 secs ago. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ed9727110d.jpg
    For some reason you're caught in limbo. Can you confirm the PRD number displayed on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ box?
    09-22-17 05:04 PM
    for some reason you're caught in limbo. Can you confirm the prd number displayed on your keyᵒⁿᵉ box?
    prd-63116-001
    09-22-17 05:15 PM
    prd-63116-001
    Yup. Received Sep 8. Not sure what's going on with your device.
    09-22-17 05:50 PM
    Yup. Received Sep 8. Not sure what's going on with your device.

Any ideas for things to try other than a hard reset? Have just gotten everything Setup all nice and how I like it. If my device is supposed to have it by now, perhaps I need to try the manual method that's worked for others after all.

Just frustrating because I really thought the days of having to do this sort of stuff on BB devices were behind us. The previous updates arrived like clockwork, was feeling pretty good about it until this month haha.
    09-22-17 05:53 PM
311 ... 89101112 ...