Hi! I'm currently testing the Keyone, but I figured out that the keyboard integration sometimes is not as good as on the Blackberry Q5.

For example:
    I would like to send SMS und Hangout messages by pressing the "Enter"-key. It seems that Blackberry shipts the phone with a default SMS app where you can't send a message without having to use the button on the touch screen.

The other thing is the countdown timer: The standard app needs to be used with touchscreen only.

Also on the Q5 it worked when having drop-down menus on a website and pressing a key on the keyboard. Maybe this can be archieved by using another browser.

Do you have any hints there?
    Thank you.
    01-05-18 02:47 PM
    the KEYone uses Google's "Messages" as its default messaging app, which doesn't allow for Enter to function as Send. I learned this after discovering that my texts weren't being sent.
    01-05-18 02:52 PM
    Lol how stupid is that?
    Also the phone app does not really have the focus on the right place. I wonder how I can dial like on the Blackberry Q5.
    E.g. just starting to type and having names and numbers at the same time.
    01-05-18 03:51 PM
    download Yaata or textra
    gokulesh likes this.
    01-05-18 04:08 PM
    Pulse.
    01-05-18 04:12 PM
    Use Textra
    gokulesh likes this.
    01-05-18 04:15 PM
    Textra has been working well for me and it has send using enter as an option.

But I agree with the OP, I liked the BB out of the box messaging system much better including the ability to have each message on a line instead of these bubble box views.
    gokulesh likes this.
    01-05-18 07:00 PM
    Textra has been working well for me and it has send using enter as an option.

But I agree with the OP, I liked the BB out of the box messaging system much better including the ability to have each message on a line instead of these bubble box views.
    What other advantages does Textra have? I'm trying to decide.
    01-05-18 10:35 PM
    It would be nice to have a solution that allows sending from your PC (like it worked with Blackberry Blend).

I now tried with AirDroid and MyPhoneExplorer. Both were not really as comfortable as Blend. Also the LED did not stop to flash when I read the message on my computer.

Well, Pulse can do it from the PC (not sure about the LED though). But I do not really like the concept where you have to store your SMS in a 3rd party cloud. Any other solution that works like Blend?
    01-06-18 09:14 AM
    It would be nice to have a solution that allows sending from your PC (like it worked with Blackberry Blend).

I now tried with AirDroid and MyPhoneExplorer. Both were not really as comfortable as Blend. Also the LED did not stop to flash when I read the message on my computer.

Well, Pulse can do it from the PC (not sure about the LED though). But I do not really like the concept where you have to store your SMS in a 3rd party cloud. Any other solution that works like Blend?
    I constantly lament the "semi" passing of Blend. BB never knew when it had a good or great idea. Bridge for the Playbook was another wonderful thing.

I still do use Blend but it has less overall completeness. I have my Z30 in a wireless charging easel feeding Blend to my Computer and laptops. It still alerts me to apps/events (upper right corner) and I can snooze or dismiss them. I get email popups in the lower corner and I can read and reply. Its BBM facility gets more and more dated but still works for basic text chats. I can look up Contacts and I can still add appointments. It does not do SMS since it no longer is really attached to Verizon.

I have had the battery in my Z30 replaced twice (they have both "balooned" - possibly because always in the wireless charger) now to keep Blend alive.

When Blend finally dies I will be heartbroken. And actually LOST.
    01-06-18 11:10 AM