I excitedly pulled the trigger on the 4gb ram 64gb version from seller never-msrp on eBay today. I am eagerly waiting for the phone to come in but then this thought doomed on me...

Will I get the regular monthly security updates as well as other software updates? It is the bbb100-1 variant.

Those with the black unlocked K1 in the states, what can i expect?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Marcin Dabrowsky; 10-27-17 at 08:32 PM.
    10-27-17 08:06 PM
    Yes you will.
    10-28-17 01:04 AM
    I excitedly pulled the trigger on the 4gb ram 64gb version from seller never-msrp on eBay today. I am eagerly waiting for the phone to come in but then this thought doomed on me...

Will I get the regular monthly security updates as well as other software updates? It is the bbb100-1 variant.

Those with the black unlocked K1 in the states, what can i expect?

Thanks.
    I bought that device last week. When I set it up it upgraded to AAO472, but has not yet upgraded to AAP638, which my USA silver version already had.
    10-28-17 03:07 PM
    I bought that device last week. When I set it up it upgraded to AAO472, but has not yet upgraded to AAP638, which my USA silver version already had.
    Would we be able to use an auto loader to get the latest builds?

They should work since its the same mussel number right?
    10-28-17 03:10 PM
    The PRD number is different (which controls the upgrades), but yes the model number is the same. I haven't tried an auto loader mostly because the phone is running great.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-28-17 03:15 PM
    I think once I get mine I will figure out what to do... since you say it runs fine it should be good!

Did you have the original k1 and if yes do you see an improvement in speed in general use?
    10-28-17 03:35 PM
    I think once I get mine I will figure out what to do... since you say it runs fine it should be good!

Did you have the original k1 and if yes do you see an improvement in speed in general use?
    Yep, I bought a silver K1 when it came out. There is a significant performance difference with the 4GB of RAM. Minor freezes/lags/reloads that we just overlooked are gone. Keyboard is better as well. And, the screen won't fall out :-).
    10-29-17 11:32 AM
    Yep, I bought a silver K1 when it came out. There is a significant performance difference with the 4GB of RAM. Minor freezes/lags/reloads that we just overlooked are gone. Keyboard is better as well. And, the screen won't fall out :-).
    I love it. Thanks for your input. Anyone else that replaces their OG with the BE have any input? I know it’s kind of a special little group in the US so there isn’t a lot of ppl with it yet which makes it even cooler to own!
    10-29-17 11:46 AM
    Does this new one have the antenna gate issue?
    10-29-17 11:49 AM
    Does this new one have the antenna gate issue?
    Signal is one bar better in bad spots in my home versus the silver. Call quality etc seems about the same.
    10-29-17 12:04 PM