If you're getting the KEYone because blackberry is supposed to be more secure I have bad news for you. Anything with this much google integrated into it isn't secure at all. Maybe more secure than an iPhone but that's like being the prettiest waffle house waitress in rural Louisiana.
    02-21-18 06:31 AM
    You are referring to privacy.
    nucks26 likes this.
    02-21-18 06:48 AM
    You have the choice of shutting off android services and get all of your apps from amazon app store. Amazon apps do not use Google integration. are there specific things that you are concerned about?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-21-18 06:56 AM
    Sure. Most people like their privacy to be secure. I'd put that in the splitting hair category.
    02-21-18 06:56 AM
    The security BlackBerry usually refers to is regarding the hardened Android that cannot be rooted among other safety precautions to protect the integrity of the OS.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-21-18 07:03 AM
    Sure. Most people like their privacy to be secure. I'd put that in the splitting hair category.
    Not splitting hairs at all.

Security is about not allowing rogue software to gain elevated privileges on a device by securing the kernel, boot process, and the system files.

Privacy refers to not sharing information you have not explicitly agreed to sharing. The aforementioned security features go a LONG way to prevent unwanted software from doing just that.

But no one can prevent you, the user, from specifically granting permission or agreeing to ToS that mine data in exchange for rendering services. That's on the user.
    02-21-18 07:10 AM
    Not splitting hairs at all.

Security is about not allowing rogue software to gain elevated privileges on a device by securing the kernel, boot process, and the system files.

Privacy refers to not sharing information you have not explicitly agreed to sharing. The aforementioned security features go a LONG way to prevent unwanted software from doing just that.

But no one can prevent you, the user, from specifically granting permission or agreeing to ToS that mine data in exchange for rendering services. That's on the user.
    Yea I get that and you know that but the average consumer does NOT. And what I'm saying is it's not the same blackberry that used to use the RIM system and isn't as secure therefore not as private.
    CrackPriv likes this.
    02-21-18 09:02 AM
    You have the choice of shutting off android services and get all of your apps from amazon app store. Amazon apps do not use Google integration. are there specific things that you are concerned about?

Not sure what I'm "concerned" about specifically. But I AM concerned about googles intrusion and spying that would make big brother jealous but who are we kidding they are big brother. I guess I'd like to be able to talk about a product in my house and NOT see ads for it pop up on all of my devices for starters.
    Smokeaire and M-M-M like this.
    02-21-18 09:05 AM
    Yea I get that and you know that but the average consumer does NOT. And what I'm saying is it's not the same blackberry that used to use the RIM system and isn't as secure therefore not as private.
    Sure it's not the same, but things evolve. The old business model clearly did not work.

Users and developers consistently reject all solutions that aren't Android or iOS.

So, the idea is to lock down what people have chosen to use, as best you can. BlackBerry is doing that - and doing it well.

The rest is up to you. If you reject Google data mining, turn everything off that you can, use a VPN and a private browser like Focus, buy G suite or some other paid solution, etc. But the fact is that most users accept it as fair quid pro quo.
    Last edited by conite; 02-21-18 at 09:21 AM.
    phuoc likes this.
    02-21-18 09:10 AM
    Not sure what I'm "concerned" about specifically. But I AM concerned about googles intrusion and spying that would make big brother jealous but who are we kidding they are big brother. I guess I'd like to be able to talk about a product in my house and NOT see ads for it pop up on all of my devices for starters.
    Lmfao that last bit is disgustingly true.
    phuoc likes this.
    02-21-18 09:33 AM
    And what I'm saying is it's not the same blackberry that used to use the RIM system and isn't as secure therefore not as private.
    Other than the monetization of BBM, for which there are other choices, what about the RIM system made things more private?
    02-21-18 11:52 AM
    So you bought an Android based device? Makes sense. For someone so concerned about Google, you sure have weird buying habits. I don't think 'I hate Google spying' goes hand-in-hand with 'I should buy a Android phone'.
    melhiore likes this.
    02-21-18 03:10 PM
    If you're getting the KEYone because blackberry is supposed to be more secure I have bad news for you. Anything with this much google integrated into it isn't secure at all. Maybe more secure than an iPhone but that's like being the prettiest waffle house waitress in rural Louisiana.
    I hate to say this but these posts are a joke. Security......really? Today there is no security, the people who scream about it are the same ones that post everything on FB, snap selfies....etc.

All phones are secure, the idiots who use them are not....woof!
    02-21-18 03:25 PM
    You might want to look into one of these... https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

No BlackBerry isn't what it once was... what really is.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-21-18 03:56 PM
    You might want to delete this account on cb as well.. Now CB a little bit about you. Throw that phone on the ground and the laptop you are posting from. Take a torch to it or someone can get the data off of it still. then go post on FB with your selfie and video of yourself doing the whole thing.
    02-21-18 04:09 PM
    Dude, everybody uses Google. Google it on your laptop, Iphone, Android tablet, on your computer at work, you will see ;-)
    02-22-18 03:36 AM
    Dude, everybody uses Google. Google it on your laptop, Iphone, Android tablet, on your computer at work, you will see ;-)
    Really?
    02-22-18 06:13 AM
    You might want to delete this account on cb as well.. Now CB a little bit about you. Throw that phone on the ground and the laptop you are posting from. Take a torch to it or someone can get the data off of it still. then go post on FB with your selfie and video of yourself doing the whole thing.
    Shocking I tell you.......SHOCKING.........

WOOOF!!!!!
    02-22-18 08:08 AM