So; just getting used to the Keyone journey and enjoying the ride but I have a serious question. And forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere (I do try a search before opening a new thread).

So.... I have fingerprint set up on the Keyone. But I have just found out that someone can simply click the button at the left hand side, it then asks for your fingerprint. However, the camera icon is at the bottom left and if you just swipe on that, it opens the camera and then you tap the home button and you're in the phone, totally bypassing the need for fingerprint.
    Is there any way to make this more secure?
    10-06-17 05:58 PM
    I tested that with mine and I can open the camera but if I hit the home button or try to get out in any way I end up back at a lock screen
    10-06-17 06:04 PM
    ahhhh. no, I'm straight to the home screen. kinda defeats the purpose of the fingerprint!
    10-06-17 06:09 PM
    However, the camera icon is at the bottom left and if you just swipe on that, it opens the camera and then you tap the home button and you're in the phone, totally bypassing the need for fingerprint.
    Is there any way to make this more secure?
    That only works if you have Smart Unlock set up and are in one of the trusted zones or have a trusted device nearby.

Under normal conditions (i.e. you're outside the trusted zones and no trusted device is nearby) you can take photos but as soon as you want to watch them or tap the home button, it'll ask for your pin/password/fingerprint.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-17 06:11 PM
    You phone might need to be set to lock quicker (Screen lock options), or the option to "Power button instantly locks". Your screen might be shutting off, but the phone might not be locking.
    10-06-17 06:13 PM
    smart unlock is where you set a PIN? I felt I needed that in case there was ever a problem with the fingerprint sensor. I can do a full lock; pressing "K" to lock the phone and then it'll only unlock from the PIN but, again, what's the point of the fingerprint if I do that?
    so if I take smart unlock off, it'll open only with the fingerprint?
    10-06-17 06:16 PM
    aye, seem to have my home address set as a safe location!! got no idea how that happened!! I'll test this later, tomorrow, but I think this has got set up with me overriding the lock for Bluetooth devices.
    Every time this phone and p's me off, it always then turns round and amazes me. definitely growing on me!!
    thanks for the info.
    smart lock.... geeez.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-17 06:22 PM