I'm not sure why w fingerprint restricted access, one would want more protection, but the software seems to want to also insist on a password or pattern for access.

Is there a way to just have the device set for fingerprint security?
    08-07-17 03:21 PM
    No there isn't. What would happen in the event you cut your finger and didn't have backups?

It's also a security method, as it needs a PIN / password to access the secured portion that stores fingerprint information (which isn't a copy of your fingerprint itself, BTW

Android, iOS, and even Windows require a backup to be set
    08-07-17 03:33 PM
    Ok, I can see a back up, but it seems to ask for a pin a lot.
    08-07-17 03:43 PM
    No there isn't. What would happen in the event you cut your finger and didn't have backups?

It's also a security method, as it needs a PIN / password to access the secured portion that stores fingerprint information (which isn't a copy of your fingerprint itself, BTW

Android, iOS, and even Windows require a backup to be set
    Wait, no, really.

I've never seen a product that has a fingerprint reader that if set up doesn't allow fingerprint access. What else is it for. Why bother setting up fingerprint access only to have to put in your password on top. That makes absolutely no sense at all. NOW... Having a way of bypassing the fingerprint to allow numeric access in the case that you cut off all your fingers makes sense. My MS Surface allows fingerprint access but also allow you to not use your fingerprint and enter your password should you chose. That is what makes sense.

Having a thing called a fingerprint scanner that only takes you to your pin screen is - well, nothing at all.
    08-07-17 05:43 PM
    For that matter I had a Keyone last week for 5 days until I had to return it for " freak-out disease - where the screen would go wild and eventually become non-responsive. It had the June 5th update on it. Not once in the 5 days that I had it did it ask for a pin when unlocking with a fingerprint. I get the new replacement K1 and put the July update on it. Now it's totally hit or miss whether it asks for a pin on fingerprint unlock. Most of the time it does. That's broken, that all it is, broken... Add it to the list of F'd up crap going on with this device. It's starting to make the screens falling off seem like a trivial affair.

We are not supposed to be finishing the product (debugging), but we sure are... Plain and simple.

Roveer
    08-07-17 06:50 PM
    My fingerprint access does not wake up my screen. Need to tap the screen to do that. Then, I can use the fingerprint sensor.
    08-07-17 09:44 PM
    My fingerprint access does not wake up my screen. Need to tap the screen to do that. Then, I can use the fingerprint sensor.
    fingerprint access absolutely wakes the screen and brings you to homescreen. my phone can be idle for hours, black screen,.. i would place my finger on the spacebar, and im in.
    08-07-17 09:54 PM
    fingerprint access absolutely wakes the screen and brings you to homescreen. my phone can be idle for hours, black screen,.. i would place my finger on the spacebar, and im in.
    Same here. It's just the first boot that will require the password, and maybe once every few days (though that's rare).
    08-08-17 01:34 PM
    Just tested this as when I use the fingerprint, the pin code screen appears. A second fingerprint scan unlocks the device.
    So, two fingerprint scans unlocks without entering the pin code, even the pin code screen appears. Yay!!
    08-26-18 03:32 PM