08-14-17 10:47 AM
78 1234
tools
    Mine came straight from TCL replacing my first one on 7/17 and they said it was from the repaired batch, but my date shows 20170527??? How come this is the first I've seen of this code on this site?
    Noordenneonline likes this.
    08-10-17 04:43 PM
    If one applies 3M double side tape all around the frame thin edge (green) , and to be on the safe side also on the back surface of the screen module (red), then apply decent pressure when putting the screen back in, I think it would fix this issue permanently
    Thanks !
    08-10-17 04:45 PM
    May 10.2017. No issues as yet. Thanks for the MMI access code btw!
    08-10-17 04:46 PM
    Mine came straight from TCL replacing my first one on 7/17 and they said it was from the repaired batch, but my date shows 20170527??? How come this is the first I've seen of this code on this site?
    Yeah I agree. I wondered what my replacement date was. That was great info to have that the poster shared. I can confirm that as late as June 9th the phone's haven't been fixed. I know some people say it's a small limited glitch. But then why did both my phones fail? Did I get unlucky and got 2 phones that were the outliers? Seems unlikely. Anyways. Just tape the screen and heat and press real hard. Especially the edges and you're good to go.
    08-10-17 04:51 PM
    My replacement shows Aug 1 2017. Hope it holds up or I'm going to be mad.
    08-10-17 05:02 PM
    I don't know. The thread I was referring to in my post is where I found the code on this same forum (https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12956521). May be it is just that the community discussing the screen lift and the community exploring the engineering mode are not the same?

For your date code, my take it does represent when the system board inside of your phone has been programmed and tested, not necessarily the date of assembly. It only tells you that the phone has been assembled AFTER that date. However, I'm unsure if TCL's refurbishment or repair process would change or not that date...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-10-17 06:38 PM
    When I've done screen repairs on my Samsung phones I had to heat the screen and pry it in sections with a guitar pick, then heat again. It's a lot of work to get those off. The adhesive they use is insane. Both my keyones that failed, all I had to do was put my fingernail under the raised part and gently lift. I compare it to something like a gluestick adhesive.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 07:00 PM
    Statistically, when the same defect happens repeatedly to the same person then you know that it isn’t a rare defect.

To use the ever popular marble in a barrel analogy - You have a barrel full of white marbles. You reach in blindly and grab one - it’s black. “Oh, I guess there must be a few black ones in there.” You reach in again and pull out another black one. That tells you an awful lot about how many black ones are in there. You really don’t need to know anything about the size of the barrel or to even count the black ones. You know there are a lot of black ones in there.
    08-10-17 07:04 PM
    June 9th wouldnt be the new batch. BB didnt mention anything about the new batch until July 8th. So assume anything with a date before July would possibly be the original design/batch.
    08-10-17 07:16 PM
    June 9th wouldnt be the new batch. BB didnt mention anything about the new batch until July 8th. So assume anything with a date before July would possibly be the original design/batch.
    Yeah. My warranty claim was in July. Why I got a June 9 replacement phone I have no idea. Maybe they didn't have any new ones ready yet. I would of waited for one to be ready. I have other phones. If I see that no mid July fails occur, I'll make a claim in month 11 to get a brand new one. Nothing shady about that. Technically my phone is still faulty.
    08-10-17 07:25 PM
    You can't assume something "possibly". LOL.

Just checked my wife's KEYᵒⁿᵉ which I bought for her around July 20th from Bell in Canada and her date in the traceability test shows June 27/2017. That's a full 2 weeks after BBMobile indicated that they were investigating a " fix".

At least it also show that Bell is moving stock regularly so sales must be decent.
    08-10-17 07:30 PM
    mine is 20170712. Hopefully it's the new batch with glue. thx for MMI test! How do you get out of that menu lol? I just restarted my phone. haha..
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 09:11 PM
    Checked mine - 20170714 - bought from CWH UK 22nd July on line. This would certainly indicate that they are turning stock over very regularly. Fingers crossed so far all OK. Incidentally this Man date also concurred with printed date on protective film on back of phone when I unboxed it.
    08-10-17 09:43 PM
    What did you expect from BlackBerry nowadays? They sold out to TCL and they make junk/do not have experience making qwerty phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-17 09:52 PM
    Mine says June 29th. Hoping to be in the clear.
    08-10-17 09:53 PM
    Well the good thing is there are plenty of people with early models that have had no screen problems. Would be nice to have an updated screen failure list with people posting their production date via the 2886 code. Purchase date seems to not be entirely accurate as some people might get an older phone that sat even though they recently purchased it.
    08-10-17 10:51 PM
    Got my replacement. Code Date was 7/25/17. Was not in production box which bothered me. Wrapped in bubble. But they sent a nice Dual Layer Shell case which was a surprise.
    I hope they can get this sorted, its crazy worrying your screen gonna fall off.
    08-10-17 11:03 PM
    my 4th KEYᵒⁿᵉ has July 20th, and I'm much relieved now.

and yes, my three previous keyones all had screen lifted issues.

1st purchase on the very first day available in us (may 30th)
    2nd replaced at June 15
    3rd re purchased on June 28 after refund
    4th replaced KEYone at Aug 7th

all had screen lifted issues . and the 3rd one also had square(recent) button not responding periodically. and I see that there are others in this forum with similar issue believing and hoping that it must be a software issue since it goes away by itself.

but now I can say it is another common defects of this phone, since my other three phones including this(4th) never have even one incident of that while the 3rd one had that issues several times a day.

so please, get it replaced it if your phones recent button has the same issue.

this phone has every functions and features that I needed and dreamed of, but is full of so many defects.... the worst quality phone that I ever purchased.
    08-10-17 11:12 PM
    mine is 20170712. Hopefully it's the new batch with glue. thx for MMI test! How do you get out of that menu lol? I just restarted my phone. haha..
    I finally pressed the Power Button and chose restart!
    08-11-17 01:08 AM
    Just for another data point, my replacement arrived today, and it has a July 31st build date.
    08-11-17 01:26 AM
    You can't assume something "possibly". LOL.

Just checked my wife's KEYᵒⁿᵉ which I bought for her around July 20th from Bell in Canada and her date in the traceability test shows June 27/2017. That's a full 2 weeks after BBMobile indicated that they were investigating a " fix".

At least it also show that Bell is moving stock regularly so sales must be decent.
    And her KEYone that was built around 6/27 had it's screen lift ??? Please tell me no
    08-11-17 02:17 AM
    Well the good thing is there are plenty of people with early models that have had no screen problems. Would be nice to have an updated screen failure list with people posting their production date via the 2886 code. Purchase date seems to not be entirely accurate as some people might get an older phone that sat even though they recently purchased it.
    Mine is a launch model.

Works flawlessly.

Endured a really nasty drop yesterday.

Still typing as we speak
    08-11-17 03:20 AM
    Mine is a launch model.

Works flawlessly.

Endured a really nasty drop yesterday.

Still typing as we speak
    Man, I'm the same. Won't be lying if I don't think this will fall out one day but so far it's been a rock.
    08-11-17 06:22 AM
    No problems at all with mine…
    08-11-17 07:07 AM

I just received my replacement unit today. So far it seems to be the newest unit made, I hope they fixed the issue!!
    08-11-17 11:59 AM
78 1234