I just received my replacement unit this morning. I think my unit is among the newest made in this thread, if not the most recent. I hope they fixed the issue by now! It would be such a shame to go through the exchange process again!
    08-11-17 11:03 AM
    launch model work flawless? early production unit got some lift? someone pulled a fast one on this... (being very silly...in the process). Glad it not appear to be a design issue...
    08-11-17 12:25 PM
    And her KEYone that was built around 6/27 had it's screen lift ??? Please tell me no
    No screen lift on mine or hers. May 10th and June 27th respectively.
    08-11-17 12:37 PM
    June 21 build and so far so good here.
    08-11-17 12:44 PM
    Has anyone who is keeping track gone back to see if any of the CDMA variant have had any screen lift?
    08-11-17 12:48 PM
    Has anyone who is keeping track gone back to see if any of the CDMA variant have had any screen lift?
    Hmmmm. I thought I remember reading of one but who knows!!!!
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-11-17 01:48 PM
    so here is my situation. I too had a second screen lift. so I contacted them and they gave me options. I could give credit card or just send mine in. I chose to jsut send mine in. it was Monday so they said they would send me a lable and it could take up to 24 hours to get. Tuesday I sent in the unit in it was an overnight lable. To my surprise I came home today and the replacement was here. I did check and it had a July build date so hopefully it will be good. I have to say that the repair center in Texas has been on top of it.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-17 05:32 PM
    Here is the date
    Attached Thumbnails Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-screenshot_20170811-183249.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-17 05:34 PM
    The truth is we don't know how widespread this problem was and if manufacture date is an indicator of whether the device will have the problem or not.

My manufacture date is April 25, 2017. I haven't had any problem at all.

It could be that there was just a variation in the production process where one week or two they were using less glue on the device. Maybe it was the ones manufactured in May or June. Maybe not.

Having worked in manufacturing for much of my career, there are a thousand things that can vary from day to day and week to week. Maybe the screen adhesive process was acting up and 5000 devices made it through with less adhesive?

Maybe the first batch was good? Maybe the second? Maybe it was a production operator issue?

The only way to know for sure is for everyone with a screen lift issue to post their manufacture date. We can then determine a pattern. You may find that they are all on the same week of manufacture.
    NightFire likes this.
    08-11-17 08:22 PM
    Mine is 7 May.
    Exposed to 50/55 C (more around 52) for some hours, screen lifted (dont know if it lifted after some minutes).
    50/55 C is easy to reach in summer if the phone is in a dark bag under the sun, or face down on a dark metal table, etcetc.
    Attached Thumbnails Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-screenshot_20170812-042725.jpg  
    08-11-17 09:39 PM
    The truth is we don't know how widespread this problem was and if manufacture date is an indicator of whether the device will have the problem or not.

It could be that there was just a variation in the production process where one week or two they were using less glue on the device. Maybe it was the ones manufactured in May or June. Maybe not.

Having worked in manufacturing for much of my career, there are a thousand things that can vary from day to day and week to week. Maybe the screen adhesive process was acting up and 5000 devices made it through with less adhesive?

Maybe the first batch was good? Maybe the second? Maybe it was a production operator issue?

The only way to know for sure is for everyone with a screen lift issue to post their manufacture date. We can then determine a pattern. You may find that they are all on the same week of manufacture.
    But you would think that TCL would already know because they are the ones processing the returns... we can't do a thorough analysis here because you won't get all cases of screen lifts experienced. Only TCL or their hairdresser knows for sure.
    NightFire likes this.
    08-11-17 09:42 PM
    But you would think that TCL would already know because they are the ones processing the returns... we can't do a thorough analysis here because you won't get all cases of screen lifts experienced. Only TCL or their hairdresser knows for sure.
    They may or may not actually know what batches are affected. It depends on their quality assurance processes and record keeping.

For example, I will assume that TCL has a continuous production line producing one KEYone at a time, from start to finish. Also, I will assume that the adhesive application is one production cell, either fully automated or operator driven. It is probably close to the end of the production process too.

If the adhesive application nozzle was faulty, clogged or if the adhesive itself was bad in some way, it may have not be caught for quite some time. It may have even been corrected through routine maintenance without anyone knowing the problem existed.

So when these screen lift problems started occurring, TCL maintenance or engineering may have gone to the production cell and found no problem at all. Or they simply increased the amount of adhesive that the nozzle would output, or changed to a larger nozzle or increased the nozzle pressure.

Honestly, this was probably just a simple production issue that exploded into a huge issue. We don't know what happened, and TCL might not know either. They probably just made a minor production tweak that took a robotic technician 5 minutes to do.

I've worked in automotive manufacturing for years in engineering and maintenance. This happens all the time and we have no idea what originally caused the problem. Sometimes it just goes away itself but we are left with unhappy customers, so we issue a statement that we are either implementing an engineering change and/or upping our quality checks.

We'll never know. This could simply be a problem of shift changeover and the first 20 units coming across the production line were bad until the nozzle warmed up and achieved full flow.
    08-11-17 09:54 PM
    So my second keyone, that I was assured was the new adhesive units screen started to lift. It's been in a case and never dropped. I really love this phone, but this is ridiculous. I'm just going to use 3m tape. I've used it before in the past. I know I'll just get another defective unit if I have a new one sent out.
    As it happens you're not the only person that has had this happen to their replacement KEYone.
    08-12-17 02:50 AM
    Replacement July 25th 2017 build
    08-12-17 03:51 AM
    We need JerryRig to do another bend test on a recent production unit so that evidence of glue can be seen.
    Although I would normally say his tests are absurd, it was his video that confirmed the almost total absence of glue.
    (TheQ was the first to report the issue on CB and until the JerryRig video, there were some who treated him with sceptism. )
    08-12-17 04:12 AM
    We need JerryRig to do another bend test on a recent production unit so that evidence of glue can be seen.
    Although I would normally say his tests are absurd, it was his video that confirmed the almost total absence of glue.
    (TheQ was the first to report the issue on CB and until the JerryRig video, there were some who treated him with sceptism. )
    Treated him like a heretic
    08-12-17 05:39 AM
    Treated him like a heretic
    Burn him at a stake made of blackberry brambles!!!
    08-12-17 09:38 AM
    Well, the date on mine is May 29th. Crap. now I get to worry every day...

Caution to those thinking of using the dialer code to check their manufacture date: ignorance is bliss.
    Lol yup same here. Mine is 5/27 and I really love this phone. Crossing fingers.
    08-12-17 09:46 AM
    Only time will tell my Canadian replacement is July 27th/2017
    08-12-17 10:06 AM
    As I initially wrote, I thought that there was a report of a cdma screen separation:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12987170
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-12-17 10:29 AM
    I would like to see what new glue was put in the "fixed" models. I know from 2 bad ones what the adhesive looks like. A tiny black line of a not very sticky substance. It's only around the border channel which does not give much room for a very good seal imo. Has the adhesive been changed? Did they use more? Is it on the entire back of the phone as well? It does seem like they fixed the problem though. I don't think a screen failure had occurred with a mid to late July production date and on.
    08-12-17 11:39 AM

Mine is at the 27th of April and have already the screen lifting issue.
    08-12-17 12:13 PM

Mine is of the 27th of April and have already the screen lifted up.
    08-12-17 12:15 PM
    You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu
    1. 1. Dial *#2886#
    2. 2. Press the MANU red button
    3. 3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. 4. Touch the PASS button
    5. 5. You should get a date code like in:

Attachment 428450

Mode details here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12956521
    This should get a sticky.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-12-17 12:55 PM
    Mine is very very early. And yes screen popped out
    08-12-17 01:25 PM