So my second keyone, that I was assured was the new adhesive units screen started to lift. It's been in a case and never dropped. I really love this phone, but this is ridiculous. I'm just going to use 3m tape. I've used it before in the past. I know I'll just get another defective unit if I have a new one sent out.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    08-10-17 12:12 PM
    What a surprise...
    08-10-17 12:35 PM
    Can you give a bit more info? When did you receive the replacement, is there any date on the label, and who gave you the assurance?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-17 12:36 PM
    Definitely skipping this phone. I'll wait for the next version.
    gjh1978 likes this.
    08-10-17 12:42 PM
    Fixed it. I got the original at launch from Best buy. Five weeks later screen lifted at right corner. Had a warranty exchange through BlackBerry. They sent out a new phone right away and sent old one back. They assured me it's the new glued one. Today screen lifted at left bottom corner. I used double sided 1mm 3m tape I have on hand. This sucker isnt coming off now. This unit had the same lame thin black crappy adhesive that the last one had. Unfortunately I didn't apply tape to the bottom where the ribbon is cuz I didn't want to risk breaking it. Honestly I am confident that my keyone screen won't fail... I hope
    08-10-17 12:44 PM
    Can you give a bit more info? When did you receive the replacement, is there any date on the label, and who gave you the assurance?

Posted via CB10
    There was no production date. The female who did the exchange via phone assured me that this would be a new corrected unit. I had asked her 3 times to confirm that. She said she was aware of the problem and that these new replacements were now fixed. Honestly 1mm tape is an easy at home fix. Just need to be careful of the ribbon tear. Stinks to have to fix my own new phone. But it is what it is. I don't feel like setting up a new phone only to have a screen fail again.
    08-10-17 12:47 PM
    They sent out a new phone right away and sent old one back. They assured me it's the new glued one. Today screen lifted at left bottom corner.
    You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu
    1. 1. Dial *#2886#
    2. 2. Press the MANU red button
    3. 3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. 4. Touch the PASS button
    5. 5. You should get a date code like in:

Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-426271d1498898318t-mmi-test-menu-engineering-mode-29775.jpg

Mode details here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12956521
    08-10-17 01:01 PM
    Thanks. June 9 date I see
    08-10-17 01:05 PM
    I just did this test and got 06/23/17 date code, not sure if the issue was resolved by then but look at this article published June 12th

Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-screenshot_20170810-201333.png

Is it safe to assume that KEYone's manufactured on or after that date got a proper ashesive treatment done to them?

Thoughts?
    08-10-17 01:22 PM
    So they sent you an old one from June 9th? That seems strange unless they aren't really fixing them, but I assume they are as you are the first to have a replacement fail.
    08-10-17 01:29 PM
    My CDMA version (never had any screen lift - yet) show the pass date code of 20170608
    08-10-17 01:34 PM
    I have no idea if they are or aren't. I assume they would want to have these fixed and avoid angry customers. I put tape all along the back of the screen. Not just the edges. The design of the beveled edge of the screen and the phone rail seems to be a tough place to get a good adhesive bond. So far tape on the back isn't causing problems. If it does, I'll do another warranty exchange.
    08-10-17 01:36 PM
    How the phone looks? Is screen exactly on it's place, or lifted because this 1 mm of tape?
    08-10-17 01:41 PM
    How the phone looks? Is screen exactly on it's place, or lifted because this 1 mm of tape?
    Its flat. The tape is razor thin. Doesn't raise the screen. Im just wondering why they don't put adhesive on the back of the screen? I guess I'll find out if it craps out on me.
    08-10-17 01:44 PM
    Great. Thank you for this. I don't want send my keyone to seller and wait over week. If anything will happen, gonna fix it myself
    08-10-17 01:47 PM
    Great. Thank you for this. I don't want send my keyone to seller and wait over week. If anything will happen, gonna fix it myself
    Np. Pick up some wider 5mm doubled sided tape. That will work better for the back of the screen.
    08-10-17 01:56 PM
    What a total disgrace get with the program blackberry and fix your phone once and for all! I can't believe they are so slow reacting to this and other issues.
    08-10-17 02:14 PM
    Lolz, don't fix your own phone. Not for this amount of cash.

Send it back, get a refund, buy something that doesn't suck.

When is it enough? When will people admit the Keyone is trash, and a failure, and should be returned en masse.
    08-10-17 02:20 PM
    Lolz, don't fix your own phone. Not for this amount of cash.

Send it back, get a refund, buy something that doesn't suck.

When is it enough? When will people admit the Keyone is trash, and a failure, and should be returned en masse.
    I can't get a refund. I can get another sent out and be here in 3 days. But I just don't know if they will flake me again with the same unit. And even if it's updated, with no adhesive on the back of the screen, I think it will fail again. This is my favorite phone I've owned so far. I think I might have the must secure k1 screen around now, until the screen craps out due to tape on it lol.
    08-10-17 02:24 PM
    I have no idea if they are or aren't. I assume they would want to have these fixed and avoid angry customers. I put tape all along the back of the screen. Not just the edges. The design of the beveled edge of the screen and the phone rail seems to be a tough place to get a good adhesive bond. So far tape on the back isn't causing problems. If it does, I'll do another warranty exchange.
    Does the back of the screen actually sit flush with the interior chassis' flat part? Or do only the edges come in contact with the chassis frame?

I actually posted a series of pictures where I posted RED lines asking for the contact points. Still curious? I see you skipped the cable area.

Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-inner-cavity.jpg

Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-inner-frame.jpg

Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-outside-perimeter.jpg

Second "updated" keyone screen lifting-inside-permiter.jpg
    Vigolec likes this.
    08-10-17 03:02 PM
    I'm pretty sure it fits flush because after I taped the flat part the screen it really got more secure. Those edges are tough to get a good tape seal. After I sealed the back of it, I kept adding tape into the edges with a thin knife. Kind of just kept filling any weak spots of the edge until there was no flex or tape gaps. Then I heated the entire screen up with a hair dryer until hot to the touch. That made the tape even more sticky and I could press it down while hot. Anyone who ever did a screen repair is familiar with heating of screens. I'm curious to see if any newer models fail. I'd like to know if the glue was upgraded or the back had sealant.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 03:19 PM
    Well, the date on mine is May 29th. Crap. now I get to worry every day...

Caution to those thinking of using the dialer code to check their manufacture date: ignorance is bliss.
    atbach and TGR1 like this.
    08-10-17 03:31 PM
    Does the back of the screen actually sit flush with the interior chassis' flat part? Or do only the edges come in contact with the chassis frame?

I actually posted a series of pictures where I posted RED lines asking for the contact points. Still curious? I see you skipped the cable area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inner cavity.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	428456

Name:	Inner frame.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	428457

Name:	Outside Perimeter.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	428458

Name:	Inside Permiter.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	428459
    If one applies 3M double side tape all around the frame thin edge (green) , and to be on the safe side also on the back surface of the screen module (red), then apply decent pressure when putting the screen back in, I think it would fix this issue permanently
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 03:35 PM
    Well, the date on mine is May 29th. Crap. now I get to worry every day...

Caution to those thinking of using the dialer code to check their manufacture date: ignorance is bliss.
    Now that you know, I suggest you get some thin clear tape and wrap it around the phone, one layer on the very top and one on the bottom of the screen on capacitive buttons, that way the tape could at least catch the screen and allow you to take action
    08-10-17 03:40 PM
    This is what I am planning to do also when my screen will lift up completely.
    I don't want to lose my time going into the hassle of the warranty procedure , setting up again a new device and then having again the risk of another lifting screen !
    08-10-17 03:42 PM
78 123 ...