Anyone else been getting this error?

I understand if maybe i dropped my phone, but nope. Just comes on randomly. Then the message eventually goes away.
    09-06-17 04:45 AM
    I had to send mine back to be replaced along some other issues.
    It kept preparing my SD card like 100 times a day. It should not do it all other than when you put it in the first time.
    Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 07:02 AM

I understand if maybe i dropped my phone, but nope. Just comes on randomly. Then the message eventually goes away.
    Cards can go bad. How old? Brand? Used in another device before this?
    09-06-17 12:34 PM

What build are you on? Go to settings, about phone and you will see the build number.
    09-06-17 04:39 PM

This is a known issue

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...r-1107971-new/
    09-06-17 05:16 PM
    i literally searched SD Card unexpectedly in here and got the OPPS no results.. thank you
    09-07-17 04:51 AM
    Cards can go bad. How old? Brand? Used in another device before this?
    bought it last summer but it was just sitting in my tablet that i hardly used. Previous phone didnt have sd card slot. san disk.
    09-07-17 04:52 AM
    i literally searched SD Card unexpectedly in here and got the OPPS no results.. thank you
    09-07-17 04:52 AM
    What build are you on? Go to settings, about phone and you will see the build number.
    aan982
    09-07-17 04:56 AM
    I am a big contributor in that thread....I also have the problem. here are my thoughts:

1. Do NOT buy new cards. It's not the cards that are causing the problem. I have personally tried 4 different brands (all new) to no avail. don't waste any money on this

2. I have factory reset the phone literally a dozen times. It doesn't help. I have tried every method of wiping. still doesn't help

3. formatting the SD card on PC won't help. I tried that with all 4 cards.

4. Blackberry Mobile will automatically bypass the error message. but you will find that whenever you need to access the SD card, it's messed up and you have to restart the app.

5.So far the only fix is to replace the hardware, and wish for a perfect one. Or just don't use it and Chuck it back in the shelf like I did
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-07-17 05:29 AM
    I am a big contributor in that thread....I also have the problem. here are my thoughts:

1. Do NOT buy new cards. It's not the cards that are causing the problem. I have personally tried 4 different brands (all new) to no avail. don't waste any money on this

2. I have factory reset the phone literally a dozen times. It doesn't help. I have tried every method of wiping. still doesn't help

3. formatting the SD card on PC won't help. I tried that with all 4 cards.

4. Blackberry Mobile will automatically bypass the error message. but you will find that whenever you need to access the SD card, it's messed up and you have to restart the app.

5.So far the only fix is to replace the hardware, and wish for a perfect one. Or just don't use it and Chuck it back in the shelf like I did
    Error message is random that for sure.

And it affects all apps that access the sd card. Can be really annoying. But o well. Guess I'll have to deal, or be without a phone.
    09-21-17 07:18 AM
    I did not find this thread in the first place so I opened my own:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13032687

Will continue here.
    Thought I was the only one, apparently I'm not. Sad.

Short version of my thread: 2 different KeyOnes, 3 different SD cards, same problems with all combinations of these devices: both K1s remove/lose contact with all SD cards.
    Last edited by gnirkatto; 09-28-17 at 02:22 PM.
    09-28-17 01:13 PM
    I did not find this thread in the first place so I opened my own:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13032687

Will continue here.
    Thought I was the only one, apparently I'm not. Sad.

Short version of my thread: 2 different KeyOnes, 3 different SD cards, same problems with all combinations of these devices: both K1s remove/lose contact with all SD cards.
    How many other phones have the dual card adapters? I wonder if the fact that this relatively long adapter holds both a sim card and an sd-card might cause contact problems. Obviously, the sim card slides past the contacts of the sd-card. If the machining or spring-fingers are not precise, I could see where there could be issues.
    09-28-17 02:31 PM
    How many other phones have the dual card adapters? I wonder if the fact that this relatively long adapter holds both a sim card and an sd-card might cause contact problems. Obviously, the sim card slides past the contacts of the sd-card. If the machining or spring-fingers are not precise, I could see where there could be issues.
    If I remember correctly, the Dtek60 has a dual card adapter. I no longer have the Dtek60, but never had any such problems.
    09-28-17 02:36 PM
    I also had a Dtek50, which also had one slot for both sim and sd. No problems either.
    Based on what I remember from these 2 phones, the K1’s tray felt flimsier than the one of the Dteks.
    09-28-17 02:49 PM
    I also had a Dtek50, which also had one slot for both sim and sd. No problems either.
    Based on what I remember from these 2 phones, the K1’s tray felt flimsier than the one of the Dteks.
    Well, maybe the tolerances are just not sufficient. Wiggle room might mean insufficient contact?? Just complete speculation. So either there's something wrong with the rest of the circuitry and it just not make good contact in some KeyOnes. Or even the cards themselves might miss on the tolerances?????????
    09-28-17 07:51 PM
    how come SD Insight apk "incompatible with device" on GPlay? Any equivalent alternative app?
    Last edited by furieux; 09-28-17 at 08:03 PM.
    09-28-17 07:52 PM
    Well, maybe the tolerances are just not sufficient. Wiggle room might mean insufficient contact?? Just complete speculation. So either there's something wrong with the rest of the circuitry and it just not make good contact in some KeyOnes. Or even the cards themselves might miss on the tolerances?????????
    I don’t think it’s the cards. I tried 3 different ones, 2 from Samsung and one Kingston (or maybe it was a SanDisk-can’t remember exactly, as it was borrowed. For sure it was no Samsung). Same problem with all 3, in 2 different K1s.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-17 07:44 AM
    ITS NOT YHE CARDS. Stop wasting money buying new cards.i tried 4 different leading brands, same results.

it's most likely a hardware issue similar to the screen lift issue, in that it affects a certain batch of phones. I would return the phone if I can for full refund but it's just too late....
    10-01-17 05:36 AM