The first day I had my KEYone, I put an SD card in. I completed the card to use as internal storage, and intended to always leave it in. It worked well this way for a little while.

After the first time I restarted the phone, I was presented with an SD card error that told me it was an unsupported card.
    This is when I learned of the SD card issue.

Has this issue been solved with the July update?

I have turned the phone off, removed the SD card, and put the card into the laptop. but the card isn't being recognized by the computer. Did formatting this card effectively lock it to my KEYone?

I would like to use this card in a different camera.
    How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Edit:
    End result: the card is pooched
    Last edited by undefinederror; 08-01-17 at 12:39 PM.
    08-01-17 11:58 AM
    Hi,

I had similar challenges over the weekend while trying to get all my mp3´s. What I found was successful was to format the memeorycard in my mac to FAT and download

MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerry https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.exfat&hl=en

That makes me been able to swap the memorycard between my Mac and my phone and access the content from both.

Hope it helps.

Br,
    08-01-17 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!

When I put the SD card into a computer, it isn't recognized. I can not format it using the computer because it does not show up in the explorer.

I also tried to download microsoftexFAT to my phone. After installing, I opened the the program by pressing 'open' in google play. The application opens and shows an image of an SD card. But nothing more happens, even if I put the SD card into the phone.
    When I close these applications, and return to my phones home screen, I open the tray to view all my applications. microsoftexFAT is not in this list.
    08-01-17 12:20 PM

I have turned the phone off, removed the SD card, and put the card into the laptop. but the card isn't being recognized by the computer. Did formatting this card effectively lock it to my KEYone?

Thanks!
    I would have thought formatting in a computer would make the card usable again. I think some other people have had similar issues though, so maybe encrypting the card actually does something which prevents it from being formatted in another device?

What brand of card is it? You may be able to have it replaced on warranty.
    08-01-17 12:22 PM
    When I close these applications, and return to my phones home screen, I open the tray to view all my applications. microsoftexFAT is not in this list.
    It wouldn't be. It's not an App you really use directly. It just adds support for SDXC cards to the OS.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's even needed when formatting as internal storage.
    08-01-17 12:26 PM
    I would have thought formatting in a computer would make the card usable again. I think some other people have had similar issues though, so maybe encrypting the card actually does something which prevents it from being formatted in another device?

What brand of card is it? You may be able to have it replaced on warranty.
    I just tried it in a second laptop, this one is on windows 10 if that makes any difference.
    When the card was inserted, I received a pop up that explained the card needed to be reformatted. I tried to reformat it, but got an error that stated "windows was unable to format the card".

The card is made by Sony.
    Attached Thumbnails SD card help-4852.jpg  
    08-01-17 12:30 PM
    When I put the card into the KEYone, it attempts to reformat it, but the progress bar gets stuck at 20%
    08-01-17 12:31 PM
    I'm not sure what Sony's warranty is like, or how long you have had the card.
    It is probably worth contacting their support though. They may have some suggestions, and/or be willing to replace the card.
    08-01-17 12:37 PM
    Alright. Thanks for the help.
    08-01-17 12:39 PM
    I just tried it in a second laptop, this one is on windows 10 if that makes any difference.
    When the card was inserted, I received a pop up that explained the card needed to be reformatted. I tried to reformat it, but got an error that stated "windows was unable to format the card".

The card is made by Sony.
    You might have more luck using the Manage Computer option in Windows.

Right Click in My Computer (or whatever it might be called on yours). Select MANAGE.

Click Storage and then click Disk Management.

See if the card shows up. If it does, right click and play with the options to remove Volume or format it or whatever. CAUTION - make sure you are working on the sd-card and not any of your hard drives or other thumb drive.

Then search google and see if they have anything.
    08-01-17 02:49 PM
    The first day I had my KEYone, I put an SD card in. I completed the card to use as internal storage, and intended to always leave it in. It worked well this way for a little while.

After the first time I restarted the phone, I was presented with an SD card error that told me it was an unsupported card.

Thanks!

Edit:
    Reformatt in the device to change storage type!
    08-01-17 02:51 PM
    Reformatt in the device to change storage type!
    I can't get further than 20% progress doing this
    08-01-17 03:16 PM
    You might have more luck using the Manage Computer option in Windows.

Right Click in My Computer (or whatever it might be called on yours). Select MANAGE.

Click Storage and then click Disk Management.

See if the card shows up. If it does, right click and play with the options to remove Volume or format it or whatever. CAUTION - make sure you are working on the sd-card and not any of your hard drives or other thumb drive.

Then search google and see if they have anything.
    Okay! Thanks!
    I'll try this after work.
    08-01-17 03:16 PM
    These are the risks of formatting as internal. As it becomes part of the system memory and can cause issues in the long run and is not meant to be taken out.
    08-01-17 05:32 PM
    These are the risks of formatting as internal. As it becomes part of the system memory and can cause issues in the long run and is not meant to be taken out.
    Yeah, after they release an update that fixes the SD card issue, I think I'm going to use an autoloader and reset my device. Wipe it and start from fresh, then choose the option to use the SD card as removable auxiliary storage for media.
    08-01-17 09:22 PM
    Yeah, after they release an update that fixes the SD card issue, I think I'm going to use an autoloader and reset my device. Wipe it and start from fresh, then choose the option to use the SD card as removable auxiliary storage for media.
    It's basically a risk with any android device and not specific to the K1.
    08-01-17 09:43 PM

Thanks!

Edit:
    Can you post the exact type of sd card you got! Only UHI-I micro sd cards seem to work! Some sandisk cards don't work!

Also make sure the exfat driver is also installed!

I use a Lexar 633x UHS-128gb card no issues! Had to figure out to format as external storage and not just only for internal use only! Otherwise it won't be recognized!
    08-02-17 02:49 AM