Is it possible to encrypt the SD card on Android Nougat so that if the card is removed, it cannot be accessed?

I think this was possible on BB10, but I don't see the option on my KEYone. It's great to have internal storage encrypted, but the SD card would be a security weak spot if this can't be done.
    06-12-17 04:44 PM
    I don't have an android device but usually you can have the SD card considered as "internal storage". By doing that it will be encrypted and won't be readable if removed.
    06-12-17 04:47 PM
    I don't have an android device but usually you can have the SD card considered as "internal storage". By doing that it will be encrypted and won't be readable if removed.
    Yes, I know of this feature. However, once this is done, does the device still recognise the SD card as a separate location, or does it just turn into one big storage space (internal + external)?
    06-12-17 04:49 PM
    Yes, I know of this feature. However, once this is done, does the device still recognise the SD card as a separate location, or does it just turn into one big storage space (internal + external)?
    Do some research on adoptable storage if you want to know the exact details.
    I think mostly you end up only using the SD card. The only stuff you can still save on the internal storage is apps. I move all my apps to the internal storage (because it is faster). Annoyingly apps often install to the SD card by default, and I have to manually tell the OS to move them to internal.
    06-12-17 04:58 PM
    I have a similar thread on this. It seems that unless you go with format as internal i.e. Adoptable storage then it is not possible to encrypt the SD card.
    06-12-17 05:16 PM
    I have a similar thread on this. It seems that unless you go with format as internal i.e. Adoptable storage then it is not possible to encrypt the SD card.
    Strange. BB10 had that feature. It was great.
    06-12-17 05:35 PM
    Looks like I could, again not a blackberry
    06-12-17 07:30 PM
    Looks like I could, again not a blackberry https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3a4350f43c.jpg
    Yes. Some Android devices do support the feature. But as far as I know, no Android BlackBerry supports it.
    06-13-17 10:02 AM
    Yes. Some Android devices do support the feature. But as far as I know, no Android BlackBerry supports it.
    That's a bummer. Too bad so many of these companies disable things. Seems to be why Google devices are so popular.
    06-13-17 10:05 AM
    That's a bummer. Too bad so many of these companies disable things. Seems to be why Google devices are so popular.
    Although, if one had a Nexus/Pixel they wouldn't have a SD card to encrypt in the first place.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-17 10:15 AM
    Although, if one had a Nexus/Pixel they wouldn't have a SD card to encrypt in the first place.
    Ah. Didn't know that.
    06-13-17 10:17 AM
    The sd card is recognized as a separate location, so if using adoptable storage whatever size sd card is added it's just added to external storage. Internal physical storage is not affected.
    06-14-17 11:47 AM
    The sd card is recognized as a separate location, so if using adoptable storage whatever size sd card is added it's just added to external storage. Internal physical storage is not affected.
    That's not true. The regular way of placing files on the internal storage is removed.
    For example, if you go to settings>>storage and USB>>internal storage, you'll find that there is no "Explore" option.
    06-14-17 01:08 PM
    That's not true. The regular way of placing files on the internal storage is removed.
    For example, if you go to settings>>storage and USB>>internal storage, you'll find that there is no "Explore" option.
    Yeah you are correct. My bad. I was thinking apps not files. You are still only limited by the amount of physical memory on the phone though as to internal storage. Apps have a choice (to some extent) where they are stored. Files will be stored in external storage
    06-14-17 03:03 PM