It looks like the aluminum frame is the same as the frame on a Passport SE, of which I've not owned.

If so, for those who owned PPSE's, did the frame scratch and scuff easily? Aluminum is not know for having a hard surface.
    04-14-17 07:15 PM
    Didn't really have an issue with my SE Passport until I dropped It. Other than that, I didn't noticed any scuffs at all. I'm hoping the Keyone is similar.
    04-14-17 07:21 PM
    It looks like the aluminum frame is the same as the frame on a Passport SE, of which I've not owned.

If so, for those who owned PPSE's, did the frame scratch and scuff easily? Aluminum is not know for having a hard surface.
    As far as I know, the passport has a stainless steel frame, not aluminum. Very sturdy.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-14-17 07:24 PM
    As far as I know, the passport has a stainless steel frame, not aluminum. Very sturdy.

Posted via CB10
    Your correct, I stumbled across Bla1ze's review of SE' it is SS, which means the K1 aluminum frame just might easily scuff and scratch if someone forgets and pops it into pockets of coins or keys.
    04-14-17 07:33 PM
    I don't think it will scuff that easily. The other smartphones with aluminum bodies I think do pretty well. Not too worried about minor scuffs. Drops however will ding aluminum more though.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:37 PM

From my experience, it doesn't scuff easily. If you were to drop the phone, you're more likely to cause the aluminium to chip off instead of scuff.
    04-14-17 08:25 PM
    From my experience, it doesn't scuff easily. If you were to drop the phone, you're more likely to cause the aluminium to chip off instead of scuff.
    The Passport has a stainless steel frame which is much less likely to scratch or dent. An aluminum would scratch or dent, but not chip.
    04-14-17 08:30 PM
    The Passport has a stainless steel frame which is much less likely to scratch or dent. An aluminum would scratch or dent, but not chip.
    Shrugs on the material of the PP. But my PP frame did indeed chip off on the corner, it was not a dent.
    04-14-17 08:53 PM
    Shrugs on the material of the PP. But my PP frame did indeed chip off on the corner, it was not a dent.
    I'm surprised the corner chipped off, but stainless steel is very hard and the chip would indicate the Passport frame is also somewhat brittle.

Aluminum is much softer and is unlikely to chip.
    04-14-17 09:06 PM
    Your correct, I stumbled across Bla1ze's review of SE' it is SS, which means the K1 aluminum frame just might easily scuff and scratch if someone forgets and pops it into pockets of coins or keys.
    There's different grades of aluminium so don't worry. Don't forget that some aircraft are made of it too.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-15-17 03:56 AM
    There's different grades of aluminium so don't worry. Don't forget that some aircraft are made of it too.

Posted via CB10
    Every aircraft is made of it, except for the boeing 787 if not I'm mistaken which is primarily made out of composite materials
    04-15-17 04:17 AM
    I read several places the bottom 'frame' was plastic.
    04-15-17 06:05 AM
    I have the passport SE and the alminium is still good but on the front upper grill i have some scratches and also down under but that is more plastic

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 07:42 AM
    Every aircraft is made of it, except for the boeing 787 if not I'm mistaken which is primarily made out of composite materials
    The benefit of both aluminum and composites are that they provide both strength and light weight.
    04-15-17 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    So, are you saying that if I drop my airplane it will dent or scratch, but it won't chip?
    04-15-17 10:11 AM
    So, are you saying that if I drop my airplane it will dent or scratch, but it won't chip?
    If you drop it from 3' then it'll be fine. Boeing guarantees their aeroplanes for drops up to 5'

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and stlabrat like this.
    04-15-17 10:28 AM
    If you drop it from 3' then it'll be fine. Boeing guarantees their aeroplanes for drops up to 5'

Posted via CB10
    Mmmm... don't like the sound of that... I better get a case for my airplane...
    anon(8063781) and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-15-17 10:38 AM
    The benefit of both aluminum and composites are that they provide both strength and light weight.
    The downside of composites is that you can no longer use the aircraft body as a ground anymore
    04-15-17 06:12 PM
    Mmmm... don't like the sound of that... I better get a case for my airplane...
    Probably best to look on ebay for a 3rd party case, I have heard that some of the OEM cases go for a bomb. Make sure that the holes for the jet exhaust are in the correct place too as that can cause problems. Also, you might want consider going waterproof just in case you want to use your plane under water.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 02:06 AM
    Probably best to look on ebay for a 3rd party case, I have heard that some of the OEM cases go for a bomb. Make sure that the holes for the jet exhaust are in the correct place too as that can cause problems. Also, you might want consider going waterproof just in case you want to use your plane under water.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advise... any screen protector suggestion for the windshield and windows?
    04-16-17 10:34 AM
    Thanks for the advise... any screen protector suggestion for the windshield and windows?
    Definitely tempered glass so only the screen protector breaks when you fly into a flock of geese
    04-16-17 03:32 PM
    Definitely tempered glass so only the screen protector breaks when you fly into a flock of geese
    i like that, don't want to get geesed... i could get the tempered glass but carry my airplane naked instead... any advice for an airplane holster?
    04-16-17 04:54 PM
    This conversation is amusing
    By the way, i had a low-side crash where a PPSE was meat in a sandwich of my thigh and concrete bread. It did scratch extensively, but it's otherwise fine.
    04-16-17 06:33 PM
    The hardness (scuff-resistance) depends on the metals with which it is alloyed. Pure aluminum is almost never used as it is relatively soft. My Passport SE is unscuffed but cased.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 06:26 AM
    From BlackBerry's description of the Passport SE: "The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition introduces a refined design, with a reinforced stainless steel frame and diamond pattern soft touch back."
    04-17-17 09:15 AM
35 12