The majority of times when I push the power and volume keys, I don't get a screenshot. Sometimes I do, magically, like it's supposed to happen, but times press and repress, for various durations and order (left/right first, simultaneously, etc).

Is the a shortcut (besides the conv key which I hit accidentally all too often and havre turned off) I can set it any other easy options to fix the problem?
    08-04-17 07:39 PM
    I thought something was wrong too.. But then, I tried holding em longer and I can get screenshot all time, anytime. Try holding the buttons longer, until it gives the animation screenshot that it has been taken.
    08-04-17 08:04 PM
    I've tried that too. Thanks.
    08-04-17 08:16 PM
    I finally got mine to work by holding the power button and the volume down (bottom part) of the volume keys
    08-04-17 10:03 PM
    I've started using BlackBerry Notable which makes doing a screen capture even easier.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 10:12 PM
    On my Priv, if I'm not a bit more precise in hitting both, I will wind up lowering the Volume rather than taking a screen shot. Then later, I wonder why I don't hear any notices!!!!
    08-05-17 10:15 AM
    On my Priv, if I'm not a bit more precise in hitting both, I will wind up lowering the Volume rather than taking a screen shot. Then later, I wonder why I don't hear any notices!!!!
    Yes! Exactly! Now, what's more annoying on Nougat is hitting the volume rocker just a millisecond too soon and having the volume slider animation in the screenshot.
    FF22 and neefer like this.
    08-05-17 11:07 PM
    I use notable. Much easier.
    C_McD likes this.
    08-06-17 04:44 AM
    It seems to me that the timing of pressing both keys is too sensitive (since it's impossible to do anything exactly simultaneous) and often with get locked screen of volume bar. Hopefully they'll - improve this soon.

Keep it fun.
    Last edited by C_McD; 08-09-17 at 09:58 AM.
    08-06-17 10:29 AM
    Try holding the buttons longer, until it gives the animation screenshot that it has been taken.
    This ^^. It's just a matter of getting used to holding in the buttons a second or two longer.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-17 05:15 PM
    I used button mapper to set the home key to a screenshot with a long press. Much better imo.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-06-17 10:11 PM
    I finally got mine to work by holding the power button and the volume down (bottom part) of the volume keys
    I am not quite sure I understand this thread. I thought the above was always the correct way to take a screen shot.
    kskgagnon likes this.
    08-07-17 12:49 AM
    I am not quite sure I understand this thread. I thought the above was always the correct way to take a screen shot.
    That's true but sometimes the timing of that sequence messes up the process.
    08-07-17 01:08 AM
    I used button mapper to set the home key to a screenshot with a long press. Much better imo.
    How do you this? Ur saying screenshot is something you set to a key shortcut?
    Last edited by SoxFan; 08-07-17 at 06:25 PM.
    08-07-17 04:27 PM
    How do you this? Ur saying screenshot is something you set to a key shortcut?
    There's an app called "Button Mapper" that let you assign functions to basically all the buttons except the power button. Look for it in the Google Play store...
    08-08-17 05:46 PM
    I thought something was wrong too.. But then, I tried holding em longer and I can get screenshot all time, anytime. Try holding the buttons longer, until it gives the animation screenshot that it has been taken.
    I did same thing and this is no longer an issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-17 08:12 PM
    The notable app takes screenshots and even puts up a quick access icon in the pull down butt funny thing is I can't find the pictures afterwards even though I cropped them and instructed notable to save them, where the heck did they go? I had to go back and use the old screenshots. There's an app called Silent screenshot in Play Store that function beautifully on crib but on KEYᵒⁿᵉ it suffers badly from the notification for those of this device and nougat. Too bad.
    08-08-17 10:23 PM