Hi all,

A couple of different experiences...

One where i'm using a Samsung Level U bluetooth headset, whilst i'm on a call the screen times out (as you would expect) however when the call ends or if i want to mute during the call, i can't get the screen to turn back on!. I have to basically reboot the phone by holing in the power button for 12secs.

When using the inbuilt speaker during phone calls the screen times out as normal and i can turn it back on, but it takes 4-5 secs every time.

I think it's the dialler app personally but can't really verify this. I've not reset yet as i've only have the thing for 3 days and it was a completely green install (not from backup).

Anyone else had issues ?
    07-06-17 01:45 PM
    Hi all,

A couple of different experiences...

One where i'm using a Samsung Level U bluetooth headset, whilst i'm on a call the screen times out (as you would expect) however when the call ends or if i want to mute during the call, i can't get the screen to turn back on!. I have to basically reboot the phone by holing in the power button for 12secs.

When using the inbuilt speaker during phone calls the screen times out as normal and i can turn it back on, but it takes 4-5 secs every time.

I think it's the dialler app personally but can't really verify this. I've not reset yet as i've only have the thing for 3 days and it was a completely green install (not from backup).

Anyone else had issues ?
    I've had multiple phone app hangs/crashes. The common denominator is that all of them have occurred in conjunction with the use of my Bluetooth headset.
    orbital247 likes this.
    07-06-17 01:47 PM
    I also had a "little issue" on a call today.

To mute, I use the "convenience" key that is, to my knowledge dedicated to this during phone calls. And it seems to be.

To turn the screen back on, I did struggle a little. Double-tap did not work or it did take forever. But just short press the power button and it should light it up..
    orbital247 likes this.
    07-06-17 01:51 PM
    I've had multiple phone app hangs/crashes. The common denominator is that all of them have occurred in conjunction with the use of my Bluetooth headset.
    Thanks, it's affirming to know it's not just me, guess we will have to hope this is fixed in a future update then..
    07-06-17 02:03 PM
    I also had a "little issue" on a call today.

To mute, I use the "convenience" key that is, to my knowledge dedicated to this during phone calls. And it seems to be.

To turn the screen back on, I did struggle a little. Double-tap did not work or it did take forever. But just short press the power button and it should light it up..
    Thanks for the post, nothing responds for me when on a Bluetooth headset, no buttons nor screen knocking.
    07-06-17 02:04 PM
    My device has locked a handful of times in the month I've owned it, and in all cases I was connected to my Ford Escapes Bluetooth.
    07-06-17 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the post, nothing responds for me when on a Bluetooth headset, no buttons nor screen knocking.
    If you search Google, you'll find other CB posts of people with phone app crash/bluetooth issues. So yeah... this is apparently some type of widespread bug.

It's just a shot in the dark.. but I have disabled battery optimization for phone and phone services. Do I think it will make a difference? Not really. I was just bored and decided to try, but so far, no issue. (I probably just jinxed myself)
    orbital247 likes this.
    07-06-17 02:20 PM
    If you search Google, you'll find other CB posts of people with phone app crash/bluetooth issues. So yeah... this is apparently some type of widespread bug.

It's just a shot in the dark.. but I have disabled battery optimization for phone and phone services. Do I think it will make a difference? Not really. I was just bored and decided to try, but so far, no issue. (I probably just jinxed myself)
    Nice suggestion.... just disabled battery optimisation as suggested and on a brief test this seems to have done the trick... will know for sure tomorrow once i start making and receiving a few more business calls.
    07-06-17 03:24 PM
    Nice suggestion.... just disabled battery optimisation as suggested and on a brief test this seems to have done the trick... will know for sure tomorrow once i start making and receiving a few more business calls.
    Although I haven't nailed down a pattern, for me it seems to happen when I throw my Bluetooth on and quickly attempt to make a call. Not saying it's been that way 100% of the time, but I don't remember it happening if I had my BT on for a while then made a call.
    orbital247 likes this.
    07-06-17 03:26 PM