My launch CDMA Keyone's screen separated today. Called the hotline, filed a warranty claim. I'm kind of annoyed though that instead of being sent a new (added adhesive) Keyone, I have to instead send my current model in for "repair" , which will take between 7 - 10 business days, then receive that same exact phone back. I thought Blackberry was replacing these faulty units with new handsets. It's very lame that I have to be without my mobile phone for probably close to two weeks when it's all said and done, because of an error on Blackberry's part.

What have other peoples' experiences been with this process?
    08-10-17 09:38 PM
    Check out the mega thread for others' experiences. In my support case they offered to send a replacement before anything else. I just had to supply them with my CC info for them to send an advanced replacement. I believe the service level varies by region though, some in the UK are getting jerked around.
    08-10-17 11:08 PM
    My launch CDMA Keyone's screen separated today. Called the hotline, filed a warranty claim. I'm kind of annoyed though that instead of being sent a new (added adhesive) Keyone, I have to instead send my current model in for "repair" , which will take between 7 - 10 business days, then receive that same exact phone back. I thought Blackberry was replacing these faulty units with new handsets. It's very lame that I have to be without my mobile phone for probably close to two weeks when it's all said and done, because of an error on Blackberry's part.

I wonder if they don't have sufficient stock of the cdma version????
    08-11-17 12:13 AM
    in UAE they have offered me to repair the unit as well. thinking if I should contact UK support since its from there.. or I should just have it repaired. hmmmm
    08-11-17 06:11 PM
    Personally I would prefer my device repaired than getting a replacement.
    A replacement could suffer also from a lifting problem !
    I read in different posts other members to complain that their replacement device had again the screen lifting problem!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-11-17 06:31 PM
    You have every right to be pissed-off at Blackberry! I can't believe they released a device with such a blatant defect! If they really cared about their brand you get a new in the box phone.

08-11-17 08:06 PM
    I read in different posts other members to complain that their replacement device had again the screen lifting problem!
    I would prefer that too. At least you know a tech had eyes on it instead of trusting an automated adhesive dispenser. Plus your setup is still intact.
    08-12-17 02:40 PM
    I would prefer that too. At least you know a tech had eyes on it instead of trusting an automated adhesive dispenser. Plus your setup is still intact.
    Not necessarily. They might wipe the device when operating on it. Most people advise to wipe on relinquishing it to others. Or they might still send a different unit.
    willemstadt likes this.
    08-12-17 05:36 PM
    in UAE they have offered me to repair the unit as well. thinking if I should contact UK support since its from there.. or I should just have it repaired. hmmmm
    I brought mine from UAE. Same issue happened. I contacted Blackberry UK and they mailed me I can get replacement. If my seller does not do it i have to send my phone to blackberry Uk. But Blackberry UAE after some days called and said they had already done repair. This was without my knowldge. I told them when i can get a replacement why did u repair. They had no answer. I am trying to figure out what to do. Also heard that the replacements they are giving are refurbished. Are we paying this much to use a refurbished phone?
    08-26-17 06:52 AM
    The replacement is also having the same problem because it is a refurbished phone being sent to you. This can be read well in the keyone megathread where almost all are getting a phone in a white box or in the same box that they have sent to the support centre.
    08-26-17 06:54 AM
    The replacement is also having the same problem because it is a refurbished phone being sent to you. This can be read well in the keyone megathread where almost all are getting a phone in a white box or in the same box that they have sent to the support centre.
    I don't think so , a refurbished device has a well sealed screen and should not suffer again from the lifting issue.

I don't remember of course all cases but I think that all replacement devices that suffer again of the lifting there were new !
    08-26-17 08:10 AM
    I don't think so , a refurbished device has a well sealed screen and should not suffer again from the lifting issue.

I don't remember of course all cases but I think that all replacement devices that suffer again of the lifting there were new !
    I am not saying all the devices, time will have to prove. But in the given time there are reports of a screen lift in replacement devices. Also there is a post very recent who said his replacement device had a build date of April. I have asked about this in UAE and this is the unofficial answer I got. And hence I am not sure what should be done.
    08-26-17 08:29 AM
    THats my geuss!!
    08-26-17 11:33 AM
    I'm still waiting for my replacement device to even ship! Today when I was trying to backup my old Keyone incase my new ones somehow comes early this week the screen fell off again and now it the display turned off. I don't even know how to wipe the device now.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    08-27-17 12:26 AM

It's depends. I expected to have my screen fixed only, but they replaced the entire device with a new
    08-27-17 01:21 AM
    I recently bought the new distinctly different keyone and the screen popped out within 4 days. I want blackberry to help me fix/repair my phone. I dont need the new one. Bb help me repair it. I live in uae dubai. Waitin for the response.
    02-04-18 05:45 PM
    I recently bought the new distinctly different keyone and the screen popped out within 4 days. I want blackberry to help me fix/repair my phone. I dont need the new one. Bb help me repair it. I live in uae dubai. Waitin for the response.
    Contact BBMo/TCL for your area region.
    02-04-18 05:53 PM