Dear fellow Nova Scotians, where are you getting screen protectors from? Just picked up my keyone today and after some amazoning, they wouldn't be here until the end of June to mid July. In a household with three kids I don't think it will last that long. The bell store I went to didn't have any accessories and the same for the small kiosks at the mall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    06-05-17 06:00 PM
    I'm not in Nova Scotia l, but I'm in Canada. I'm literally waiting for Staples to install their 'Liquid Armour' solution to the glass. Once applied, it should be good for the life of the phone, but they'll replace it if necessary. Best Buy also offers a really good screen protection system. Mine was about $34 and I am going to go pick it up right now.
    Last edited by General_Public; 06-05-17 at 07:04 PM.
    06-05-17 06:27 PM
    I picked it up and it's really invisible. Like, I can't even tell it's there. That means they must actually use some type of liquid and not sheets of plastic. Best Buy uses sheets of precision cut plastic you can totally see.

I also has Staples apply the same coating to the camera lens. Looks good and I can safely recommend it.

Now I wonder if they could actually do the individual keys!? Haha! Probably not, but that would be pretty cool.

This 'Liquid Armour' takes about 20 minutes to dry, but 24 hours to fully 'cure' itself.
    06-05-17 07:04 PM
    Dear fellow Nova Scotians, where are you getting screen protectors from? Just picked up my keyone today and after some amazoning, they wouldn't be here until the end of June to mid July. In a household with three kids I don't think it will last that long. The bell store I went to didn't have any accessories and the same for the small kiosks at the mall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi btulk77, I'm over in NB. I ordered a six pack of protectors from France and a tempered glass protector from Germany like 2 weeks ago. Took about 10 days to get here.

I tried the glass protector and it looks terrible because of the curved edge. So I put on one of the plastic ones. It's a HD type and super clear, not the matte kind that don't show smudges. I find those type to be fuzzy looking.

Anyway, if you want I could send you a couple. I've got 5 of them here and I honestly prolly won't use them over the next 2 years. Email me your address jwwduke@gmail.com and I'll stick em in an envelope and drop in the mail to you tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 07:21 PM
    Bell at Halifax Shop told me they had some yesterday when I grabbed a smart cover case from them.

Also Bell in the Maritime Centre has smart cover cases and the dual layer cases in Stock. I spoke with them this aftewrnoon.
    06-05-17 07:40 PM
    Hi btulk77, I'm over in NB. I ordered a six pack of protectors from France and a tempered glass protector from Germany like 2 weeks ago. Took about 10 days to get here.

I tried the glass protector and it looks terrible because of the curved edge. So I put on one of the plastic ones. It's a HD type and super clear, not the matte kind that don't show smudges. I find those type to be fuzzy looking.

Anyway, if you want I could send you a couple. I've got 5 of them here and I honestly prolly won't use them over the next 2 years. Email me your address jwwduke@gmail.com and I'll stick em in an envelope and drop in the mail to you tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    hey there... any link to the screen protector you got? also, which tempered glass did you get, the brotech?

i am looking for screen protectors as well so any comment on yours would help...

thanks!
    06-05-17 09:30 PM
    This is the six pack of plastic ones I bought from Germany :

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/371880876696?_mwBanner=1

And this is the tempered glass I got from the UK:

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/262934595771?_mwBanner=1

I would not recommend the tempered glass. It only covered to the edge of the screen where it started to curve,obviously because these don't go around curves. The big issue I have with it is that it doesn't even stick around the edges. It was lifted up about 2mm around the entire edge of the tempered glass. It looked terrible, the plastic ones only go the edge of the start of the curve as well but at least they stick well.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 09:48 PM
    I'm not in Nova Scotia l, but I'm in Canada. I'm literally waiting for Staples to install their 'Liquid Armour' solution to the glass. Once applied, it should be good for the life of the phone, but they'll replace it if necessary. Best Buy also offers a really good screen protection system. Mine was about $34 and I am going to go pick it up right now.
    I got the liquid armor at staples for my LG g5 And within a month in my pocket my screen was covered in little scratches some fairly deep . I really don't see it helping much. If you can find a tempered glass solution you would be better off in my experience.
    06-05-17 10:07 PM
    I got the liquid armor at staples for my LG g5 And within a month in my pocket my screen was covered in little scratches some fairly deep . I really don't see it helping much. If you can find a tempered glass solution you would be better off in my experience.
    Thanks for the reply and feedback on the 'Liquid Armour' you experienced from Staples. Cool, no worries.

Yeah, I've never had a tempered glass protector before because every single person who I've met with one, it's shattered on their screen. I'll say, 'oh my, looks like you smashed your screen' and they'll reply with, 'no, that's my tempered glass screen saver that's spider webbed across the phone, not the screen itself' (or some combination of words to describe how it's the protector that's smashed) and they're somehow still using it when it looks ridiculous and could potentially give them glass slivers!

I have literally never broken a single phone screen in my entire life (knocking on my wooden head) and wouldn't use a glass protector that cracks easily, but always have used some kind of screen protection that always eventually sees marks from wear and tear. But all my phones remain emaculate underneath.

I do know the protection offered by Best Buy is still a good recommendation that I can make because I've used theirs before and it's quite good. I just wanted to try the Staples solution this time around.

All screen protectors I've had have gotten scratches eventually and it has never bothered me, but using a screen protector that can smash easily, like a glass one, is something I would not be able to tolerate.

Cheers! Hope you find what you're looking for!
    06-05-17 10:18 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I will check out Halifax today, I scoured Dartmouth yesterday. JWWDUKE if I can't find any I will take you up on your offer lol thanks
    06-06-17 05:52 AM
    hey there... any link to the screen protector you got? also, which tempered glass did you get, the brotech?

i am looking for screen protectors as well so any comment on yours would help...

thanks!
    06-06-17 08:01 AM
    06-06-17 08:02 AM
    This is the six pack of plastic ones I bought from Germany :

6x UltraClear Screen Protector for BlackBerry KEYone | eBay

And this is the tempered glass I got from the UK:

BlackBerry Keyone / BBB100 - 2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector | eBay

I would not recommend the tempered glass. It only covered to the edge of the screen where it started to curve,obviously because these don't go around curves. The big issue I have with it is that it doesn't even stick around the edges. It was lifted up about 2mm around the entire edge of the tempered glass. It looked terrible, the plastic ones only go the edge of the start of the curve as well but at least they stick well.

Posted via CB10
    great, thanks for the info... now, would you buy it again (the screen protector)?... how's the experience so far with it? thanks!
    06-06-17 08:04 AM
    Best buy Canada in the geek squad dept can apply a life time guarantee clearplex Custom fit screen protector for you! Just keep the receipt!
    06-06-17 12:02 PM
    Best buy Canada in the geek squad dept can apply a life time guarantee clearplex Custom fit screen protector for you! Just keep the receipt!
    How much is it and is it any good?
    06-07-17 09:17 PM
    Anyone know of any in the US? Canada seems to get all the good stuff even Clearpex installations. Sucks.
    06-07-17 10:53 PM
    How much is it and is it any good?
    I think it costs 29.99$ And there's a life time guarantee. Clearplex is prettiest awesome because its like a second skin on the device. They install it for you on the spot and it's bubble free.
    06-08-17 12:55 PM