Hallo! As some of you guys might have known (I have posted two threads already), I'm looking for the perfect screen protector for my KEYone, and until now I still can't find one. I prefer a film screen protector rather than tempered glass.

I'll tell you guys which of them I have tried, and what's my experience with them. As a background, I live in Germany, and many of the more renowned screen protector brands aren't readily available here in Germany, especially for an exotic device like KEYone.

The first one I've tried was the Atfolix Crystal clear. It was decent, installation was easy, and the result was bubble free. The tactile feel was pretty good. One problem, the film doesn't attach properly at the round edge and corner of the phone. After 3 times trying, I decided not to use this one.

Second one is techguard invisible. Like the AtFolix, installation was easy, and bubble free. The tactile sensation is very good. It's very nice to touch, not grippy at all, and oil-phobic. It's also thinner than the AtFolix. One problem: the edge doesn't attach to the curved part of the screen. It pulled dust under it, it made my phone looked dirty and ugly. After three times installing it, I could not achieve a good result. So also had to throw this one away. One good thing is: it's cheap.

The third one I've tried is the worst one. It's called Orzero. Installation is difficult, it's so sticky, and it caused much bubble. The tactile sensation was the worst. Like the WORST I've ever had on any screen protectors I have used until now. And what's upsetting is, it's the most expensive of the three.

The last one I've tried is the dipos flex. Installation was easy, and the result was bubble free. The tactile feeling is very good, it has almost the same feeling with the tech guard. It feels also thinner than most. Only one problem: the screen protector is like 0,5 cm narrower than my screen! It leaves the curved part of the display untouched. Maybe it's intentional, the problem is, they advertised it to be an edge-to-edge screen protector! Hence the name "flex". But tactile sensation was so good, and it doesn't make the phone looks dirty, unlike the TechGuard. So I decided to keep it, for now.

So guys, I have a question. Has anyone, like anyone, found a perfect screen protector for the KEYone? Please share! As I'm desperate for it! Thanks!
    06-13-17 12:36 PM
    [8 Pack] BlackBerry KEYone Screen Protector, J&D Premium HD Clear Film Shield Screen Protector for BlackBerry KEYone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y66GNB6...UvbUpU12921923
    06-13-17 12:39 PM
    [8 Pack] BlackBerry KEYone Screen Protector, J&D Premium HD Clear Film Shield Screen Protector for BlackBerry KEYone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y66GNB6...UvbUpU12922056
    I've read the review on Amazon. They described the exact problem which I have on my previous screen protectors. Lol. I think I'll pass this one, unless you've bought it yourself and tried it?
    06-13-17 01:43 PM
    I've read the review on Amazon. They described the exact problem which I have on my previous screen protectors. Lol. I think I'll pass this one, unless you've bought it yourself and tried it?
    Yes I bought it myself that screenshot I sent you is from my Amazon account I have it on my keyboard right now I actually bought 2 but the one I sent you is the best one I found so far it's perfect what problems did you read cuz I understand I have no problems at all with it
    06-13-17 06:51 PM
    I also have the J&D Premium, no issues with it. Just waiting for a tempered glass to become available then it's coming off.
    06-13-17 10:24 PM
    Yes I bought it myself that screenshot I sent you is from my Amazon account I have it on my keyboard right now I actually bought 2 but the one I sent you is the best one I found so far it's perfect what problems did you read cuz I understand I have no problems at all with it
    I've read that it has this "halo" effect, as it doesn't adhere properly to the curved part of the screen. The on and two star reviews are both mentioning about this. So.
    06-14-17 01:02 AM
    Truly the only way to avoid the curved edges is for a screen protector or any tempered glass to be MADE that way. Samsung S8 has these screen that wrap around. You'd have to find someplace that will do this for you.
    06-14-17 01:18 AM
    Here's what I did and it works well if you have a case. The brand is Xtreme Guard and I get them on eBay but I think any non-rigid film type will work the same.

So I got a few extras from my Priv. I measured and cut it to size lengthwise. The width I left it alone. Yes the Prive is slightly wider than the K1 .

I install it with the width wrapped over the glass and into the metal frame. Then i use masking tape to tape it down until the adhesive fully cures. I left it on there for a day or two. If you do it neatly, it doesn't have to overlap the buttons and will be enough to hold it securely.

IF YOU PLAN TO REMOVE THE MASKING TAPE, PEEL FROM THE PROTECTOR SIDE FIRST AND PEEL WITH THE CURVE! This will prevent it from peeling away from the surface.

Having it wrap around more than the glass ensures that the case I use has it's lips securely holding the rounded portions of the protector in place. LOL it's even extra protection against screen lift! With a case on, you don't even have to remove the masking tape if you don't want.

As you can see, with a case on, you don't even notice the screen protector's lines. With it off, you can see it's about 1mm onto the metal frame on both side. I only shot one side, but that's where the protector ends on the other side too. It's on solid.

Screen Protectors experience.-img_20170614_0007285.jpg
    Screen Protectors experience.-img_20170614_0009525.jpg
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    06-14-17 02:13 AM
    Here's what I did and it works well if you have a case. The brand is Xtreme Guard and I get them on eBay but I think any non-rigid film type will work the same.

So I got a few extras from my Priv. I measured and cut it to size lengthwise. The width I left it alone. Yes the Prive is slightly wider than the K1 .

I install it with the width wrapped over the glass and into the metal frame. Then i use masking tape to tape it down until the adhesive fully cures. I left it on there for a day or two. If you do it neatly, it doesn't have to overlap the buttons and will be enough to hold it securely.

IF YOU PLAN TO REMOVE THE MASKING TAPE, PEEL FROM THE PROTECTOR SIDE FIRST AND PEEL WITH THE CURVE! This will prevent it from peeling away from the surface.

Having it wrap around more than the glass ensures that the case I use has it's lips securely holding the rounded portions of the protector in place. LOL it's even extra protection against screen lift! With a case on, you don't even have to remove the masking tape if you don't want.

As you can see, with a case on, you don't even notice the screen protector's lines. With it off, you can see it's about 1mm onto the metal frame on both side. I only shot one side, but that's where the protector ends on the other side too. It's on solid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170614_0007285.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	359.6 KB 
ID:	425156
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170614_0009525.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	425157
    Wow. It does look good! I will try it later with the tape on the side. It might just work. Thank you!
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-14-17 10:07 AM
    [8 Pack] BlackBerry KEYone Screen Protector, J&D Premium HD Clear Film Shield Screen Protector for BlackBerry KEYone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y66GNB6...UvbUpU12923402
    ZAGG Invisible Shield has a few different kinds depending if you want a matte or clear option. And there is a 100% lifetime guarantee.
    06-14-17 10:38 AM
    I tried the Xtreme Guard that requires you to use soapy water. For reference, i too have used the same screen protector for the Priv, and it works perfectly. It does not hold to the edges, no matter what I tried. They are simply too sharp, compared to the Priv. I agree, that we may need to find a one pre-made with curved edges.
    06-17-17 12:53 AM
    I tried the Xtreme Guard that requires you to use soapy water. For reference, i too have used the same screen protector for the Priv, and it works perfectly. It does not hold to the edges, no matter what I tried. They are simply too sharp, compared to the Priv. I agree, that we may need to find a one pre-made with curved edges.
    Yeah thats why I had to tape it down for it to dry. It's messy and risky as I had the buttons malfunction for a day. Could be due to the water seeping. I got a thread about that.

But after it dried I took the tape off and use a cover. Still holding on to the curve.
    06-17-17 01:30 AM
    Yeah thats why I had to tape it down for it to dry. It's messy and risky as I had the buttons malfunction for a day. Could be due to the water seeping. I got a thread about that.

But after it dried I took the tape off and use a cover. Still holding on to the curve.
    Was able to get them to stay, but still have many areas where the cover won't stick. This is at the top and bottom and the corners. It seems the cut was not precise. Never had this issue on my Priv, as it still looks great a year later. The have it cut with round corners on top and a sharp Corner on the bottom. The bottom corners are way off and actually extend to the chrome piece that separates the keyboard from the screen! Same issue with the top.
    06-17-17 10:45 AM
    Was able to get them to stay, but still have many areas where the cover won't stick. This is at the top and bottom and the corners. It seems the cut was not precise. Never had this issue on my Priv, as it still looks great a year later. The have it cut with round corners on top and a sharp Corner on the bottom. The bottom corners are way off and actually extend to the chrome piece that separates the keyboard from the screen! Same issue with the top.
    Oh you ordered one that's made for the K1?

What I did was use some extras I had for the Priv. I just cut the top off to the height of the K1. The width was about 1mm wider on each side edge and that gave extra adhesion into the metal frame.

I use an Amzer case so the overlap is not visible at all.
    06-17-17 05:14 PM
    I am using a glass and I like it the best having tried the soft version where you spray liquid and squeeze it out to the dry soft one as well. while it doesn't cover the edges, when used with a decent case, my screen is protected. all functions work perfectly as well. the glass screen protector covers the actual screen used when phone is on, not the physical screen so it is a little smaller and has maybe a quarter of a mm space on top and bottom.
    07-06-17 11:28 AM
    ZAGG Invisible Shield has a few different kinds depending if you want a matte or clear option. And there is a 100% lifetime guarantee.
    According to Zagg's website, they don't have one for the KeyOne.
    07-07-17 09:09 AM