It affects many passports for sure but not as mana as KEYone. I myself had lifted screen issue with my passport og twice after 5-6 month of use each + twisted body frame issue.

So yes, he is right that it is design issue. Why not so with classic? It is because it has very small and short screen + body, thus there is much less force applied toward the bottom of screen with usual usage pattern.

I can see that passport was too broad--> so body twisted and screen lifted with heavy or rough use -> they redesigned it from att model to reinforce frame -> passport se even had sturdier design for frame.-> problem solved b redesigning!

KEYone screen was to narrow and long not to reinforce the attachment of screen bottom to the frame. -> screen lifting from the bottom with some usual pressure applied with every day usage pattern in few weeks.

In my case, I think it was the tpu cases that I kept changing depending on the situation. I had clear tpu case, black tpu case, wallet style case....

And to take off the case I need to pull the corner(usually bottom right in my case) of the tpu casr out of the phone body by pressing middle back. repeating that several times, it weakens the already weak glue connection to break.

My first KEYone screen totally detached in 2 weeks of using, my replacement one already showed bottom right corner not fully attached. It is not lifted with light bleeding out, but I can see the very slight gap in between already with very close up.

They need to put some mechanical hinge at the bottom of screen if they want to keep this long narrow screen design, or should use 10 x stronger glue.

And I doubt that they would be able to fix this issue without changing the design itself like passport did... so just go get it and replace it when it breaks. And be careful with case putting in and taking off.
    06-29-17 09:42 AM
    It affects many passports for sure but not as mana as KEYone. I myself had lifted screen issue with my passport og twice after 5-6 month of use each + twisted body frame issue.

So yes, he is right that it is design issue. Why not so with classic? It is because it has very small and short screen + body, thus there is much less force applied toward the bottom of screen with usual usage pattern.

I can see that passport was too broad--> so body twisted and screen lifted with heavy or rough use -> they redesigned it from att model to reinforce frame -> passport se even had sturdier design for frame.-> problem solved b redesigning!

KEYone screen was to narrow and long not to reinforce the attachment of screen bottom to the frame. -> screen lifting from the bottom with some usual pressure applied with every day usage pattern in few weeks.

In my case, I think it was the tpu cases that I kept changing depending on the situation. I had clear tpu case, black tpu case, wallet style case....

And to take off the case I need to pull the corner(usually bottom right in my case) of the tpu casr out of the phone body by pressing middle back. repeating that several times, it weakens the already weak glue connection to break.

My first KEYone screen totally detached in 2 weeks of using, my replacement one already showed bottom right corner not fully attached. It is not lifted with light bleeding out, but I can see the very slight gap in between already with very close up.

They need to put some mechanical hinge at the bottom of screen if they want to keep this long narrow screen design, or should use 10 x stronger glue.

And I doubt that they would be able to fix this issue without changing the design itself like passport did... so just go get it and replace it when it breaks. And be careful with case putting in and taking off.
    Why don't the just add a couple screws. Add a couple attaching points to the frame.
    06-29-17 10:04 AM
    Why don't the just add a couple screws. Add a couple attaching points to the frame.
    Are you joking or serious? Drilling the frame or screen with screws myself? He'll no. That's non sense.

They have to put screws for all keyone if it is what needed to be done.
    06-29-17 10:22 AM
    Are you joking or serious? Drilling the frame or screen with screws myself? He'll no. That's non sense.

They have to put screws for all keyone if it is what needed to be done.
    I meant TCL at the factory. I don't expect anyone to fix it themselves. I expect people would send it back.
    06-29-17 10:25 AM
    I meant TCL at the factory. I don't expect anyone to fix it themselves. I expect people would send it back.
    Oh. I guess typo made misunderstanding. :x

Yes. They have to redesign keyone from somewhere at least . Adding screws could be one of the methods to reinforce .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-17 10:29 AM
    Oh. I guess typo made misunderstanding. :x

Yes. They have to redesign keyone from somewhere at least . Adding screws could be one of the methods to reinforce .
    Yep. I don't see why it couldn't be done but I'm no engineer.
    06-29-17 10:31 AM
    I predict, sadly, no widespread fix or recall will occur for the screen loose issue... they may glue it in later production runs, but since it seems it was not made to be glued, it may be a sloppy solution... it is almost comical if it were not sympathy for those who spent a fortune on these cheaply designed and poorly made items...
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-29-17 11:57 AM
    Its actually wrong by design. A phone that the front glass doesn't cover up the whole face will easily pops out when get bent. Keyone is one of it. Its not production or batch fault. Its design that faulty.
    (1) 3 sides got glue and one side missing is MFG flaw-see early post of some chaps
    (2) it passed carrier test (otherwise, it can not sell by carrier, like in Canada), including drop. If you have more stringer requirement more than carrier demand for the design, you either can do your own design, or ask carrier change their test requirements. IMHO.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-29-17 01:07 PM
    (1) 3 sides got glue and one side missing is MFG flaw-see early post of some chaps
    (2) it passed carrier test (otherwise, it can not sell by carrier, like in Canada), including drop. If you have more stringer requirement more than carrier demand for the design, you either can do your own design, or ask carrier change their test requirements. IMHO.
    I guess it couldn't pass the US carrier test then. Amazon/best buy doesn't test it before selling it.
    06-29-17 02:08 PM
    NA is same GR (general requirements) for both Canada and us, both can be traced back to the bellcore std. Currently, a lot become IEEE or iec. Some of the Asia brand not sell in NA due to lack of some of the test results.
    Last edited by stlabrat; 06-30-17 at 10:14 AM.
    06-29-17 02:14 PM
    Even if you give the one side more glue, it'll strengthen the phone yet the design itself is still furnerable.
    06-29-17 04:48 PM
    not necessary. crack usually take 50-70% of time to initiate, only 30% of time propergate to fracture. by missing one side, you hadthe crack initiation site already, didn't take that much to get it propergate (by some one notice and start to push on it..). In addition, assymatic stress due to missing side causes problem... it like your dog cut off 1 leg and walk on 3... it is not smooth jogging.
    06-29-17 05:11 PM
    Let me start out by saying that I love my Keyone, from the form factor, PKB to the snappiness of the phone, and the way it feels in my hand- I prefer it over my last phone - S7E.

Yes, it has a slight worse reception , I'm on TMo and have had it reboot once by itself. I don't mind any of that.

Today, I decided to admire the phone (again) after browsing the CB forums. I checked to see how my screen is holding up.. I've always thought mine was one of the defect free units. I pushed my thumb on the lower right side of the screen- solid as a rock. I then proceeded to the lower left corner of the screen, I felt it move up and down.

I look at the screen from the port side and can tell the lower left of the screen is raised compared to the right..not by much.

This -2 unit was from Selfridges dated 230417 on the sticker label. If it ever comes off I guess I'll just lookup a fix it. Too much of a hassle trying to RMA it.
    06-29-17 06:11 PM
    People have been reporting it's heat causing the screen to come off? Probably the reason why JerryRigs screen came off cause he had just finish doing the burn test.
    06-29-17 08:23 PM

units. I pushed my thumb on the lower right side of the screen- solid as a rock. I then proceeded to the lower left corner of the screen, I felt it move up and down.

I look at the screen from the port side and can tell the lower left of the screen is raised compared to the right..not by much.

This -2 unit was from Selfridges dated 230417 on the sticker label. If it ever comes off I guess I'll just lookup a fix it. Too much of a hassle trying to RMA it.
    That's how mine started. It was loose on the bottom left corner. I think that's a weak spot for some reason. I lifted with my fingernails and the whole thing just popped off.

At this point you have to consider this scenario. The lifting has started. Do you just pop it off yourself while you're at home and at a convenient location to fix it? Or do you wait for it to pop off on it's own and you might be on the bus, walking on the street, or driving with navigation? High risk of ribbon rippage in uncontrolled environments.
    06-29-17 09:00 PM
    People have been reporting it's heat causing the screen to come off? Probably the reason why JerryRigs screen came off cause he had just finish doing the burn test.
    Jerry-rig screen popped off because when he was bending the phone he had one hand on the keyboard the only reason the screens don't pop off of a solid glass phone is because his hands are holding the screen on when he's bending it, with the keyone there's nothing holding it down other than the one hand I know it's got a problem but that's not why it popped off. It popped off because the way his momentum was with the one hand all the way down on the Keyboard.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    06-29-17 09:04 PM
    I wonder if applying a little heat to the loose corner to soften the glue..and then apply a piece of tape , leave it on for a day and let it cool down, would help it rebond to the frame securely...this wouldnt be a permanent fix but it might help.
    06-29-17 10:03 PM
    TCL may want to revisit the compound or chemical make up of the adhesive being used. Others have mentioned design as being the issue. It's both IMHO, but perhaps different adhesive compound formula may be the best fix on this particular issue.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    06-29-17 10:12 PM
    Jerry-rig screen popped off because when he was bending the phone he had one hand on the keyboard the only reason the screens don't pop off of a solid glass phone is because his hands are holding the screen on when he's bending it, with the keyone there's nothing holding it down other than the one hand I know it's got a problem but that's not why it popped off. It popped off because the way his momentum was with the one hand all the way down on the Keyboard.
    That may also be the case, but didn't CBK do a similar bend and it held up pretty well?
    06-30-17 02:47 AM
    That may also be the case, but didn't CBK do a similar bend and it held up pretty well?
    06-30-17 02:47 AM
    Not that is seen, but I could have missed it.
    06-30-17 06:13 AM
    Many, many -- indeed the vast majority -- of posters who have the screen lift problem had it happen with new phones right out of the box or soon thereafter with No Bending nor Dropping. I know because I am one of those many. So let's put the responsibility on wher it belongs: TCL. There is simply no escaping the fact that TCL, not the individual buyer or the carriers, is responsible for a fundamental design flaw. It is their responsibility to do a massive recall and redesign. Plain and simple. I love Blackberry, but this is their last gasp to last in the market. This is the "Reasonable Discussion".
    kbz1960 and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-30-17 06:23 AM
    Nope. It would come off no matter what being bent like that. Unless it was screwed on.
    06-30-17 07:50 AM
    He did? I don't remember seeing that.
    06-30-17 07:53 AM
    Posted a link below. ������������
    Is that wallpaper?screensaver? Is it included in the phones library? Looks futuristic and something I would want to use would I not be in the same boat as topic starter.....Why do you post so many thinks I want lol. That is also a cool looking handy pair of little speakers. I didn't even know BlackBerry was into making accessories like that until you posted that pic. And no, I'll not ask about that Spotify song LOL.
    Last edited by WT44; 06-30-17 at 09:05 AM.
    06-30-17 08:54 AM
69 123