I'm located in the US and besides not being able to see this device on display anywhere much less be able to buy it (currently Amazon showing a week or more, shipped from TCL, and BB promising stock tomorrow, but who knows). I'd like to talk a bit about the screen lift issue which is what is keeping me from buying a K1 at this point.

I just saw a few pictures of a K1 that developed screen lift and it appeared it has very little glue. So how can we have this scenario and also CBK's video of extreme torture? It would seem something is not right. All I can rationalize at this point is that there is a production location that is not using much glue and there are other production areas that are turning devices that don't seem to exhibit the problem. This is at least a possibility, though it would be nice if BBM would provide some information to address these real concerns.

It also seems like any attempts to determine where and when the phones were manufactured hasn't yielded any useful information. Is this in fact true? Do we have no way to determine where or when a particular phone was manufactured? This is troubling as there will be no way to determine when it is safe to actually buy this device.

As I'm easing into my middle years I really don't have it in me to deal with device failures / returns / being without a phone etc. I see those who are returning phones (I can't even buy one), sending phones in on warranty replacement (guess they have spare phones to use while their new phone is MIA) and all the grief that goes alone with it.

I really want this phone, It answers a lot of my needs, but I really don't want the hassle of dealing with production problems.

I guess I'm talking myself into waiting on this phone, but there is no determined time at this point I should wait. Guess I just have to be patient.
    jeffsantos likes this.
    06-22-17 06:27 PM
    I'm being realistic here and saying that given the # of cases of screen lifts that there are patiently waiting is completely understandable. Also understandable is just saying "?!#* it!" Getting it and taking that chance. Just make sure you purchase from a reputable place, like Amazon who you KNOW will take it back if an issue arises. I did the latter almost a month ago and honestly.... I freaking LOVE my Keyone.

Good Luck!
    flip68 and Bucky2016 like this.
    06-22-17 06:50 PM
    From my own personal experience the phone seemed very solid when I go it.

After the JerryRig video came out, I actually used the suction cup to pull at each corner to see if any thing moved. It all looked solid. I was happy I got a "good" one. CBK's tests were when they fresh out of the box. But it seems something with daily use caused MY screen to let go. (have to highlight "MY" in case some people here accuse me of stating opinion as fact)

Here's how I use my phone daily

Always with an Amzer TPU case.
    Front pocket. Relaxed fit pants.
    Dropped on thick carpet from about 4ft a few times at home.

I wouldn't say I baby my phones but I don't abuse them either. I have not had any of my previous BlackBerrys or other Androids break in any way. I still have all old my phones, they are all functional.
    RezzaBuh and stlabrat like this.
    06-22-17 06:51 PM
    All I can say is that there are no sales figures available to correlate deficiencies as being reported here. I can speak only of my own experience with the KEYone and of the reported issues posted here on Crackberry.

I've had mine for 3 weeks now and no issues with hardware. Had 1 issue that was software related and subsequently resolved in the update to OS AAL964. During these 3 weeks we have seen dozens of people posting here about screen lift, camera lens shatter, keyboard's not working, etc...

Sure it's still very early on but my tendency would be to think that more than 100,000 units are now in people's hands and on that basis even if there have been 100 screen lifts that equates to a fairly small fraction.

If you want the phone as much as I did and as much as I enjoy it know, make the plunge.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-22-17 06:59 PM
    Me, myself, I would wait until it's known that all that might have the issue are out of the supply chain. Will we ever know that?

But if I had to have a pkb and a backup phone, for instance the one I'm using now, I might take a chance. Then again I don't think I could be comfortable using it always wondering if the screen is going go fall out.

So, I guess it's on how you feel.
    06-22-17 07:15 PM
    No issues here! My KEYᴼᴺᴱ is a beast! And just added wireless charging and it's great. Im not to rough with my phones,and I'm not worried a bit about the screen, it's stuck like chuck.. I recommend buying it.
    Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 06-23-17 at 09:23 PM.
    06-22-17 09:31 PM
    No issues here! My KEYᴼᴺᴱ is a beast! And just added wireless charging and it's great. I rough with my phones and I'm not worried a bit about the screen, it's stuck like chuck.. I recommend buying it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ab5a680aad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5c3cb14bfc.jpg
    And I'm not really worried if it does fall out because I know it's under warranty for one year
    06-22-17 09:32 PM
    I'm located in the US and besides not being able to see this device on display anywhere much less be able to buy it (currently Amazon showing a week or more, shipped from TCL, and BB promising stock tomorrow, but who knows). I'd like to talk a bit about the screen lift issue which is what is keeping me from buying a K1 at this point.

I just saw a few pictures of a K1 that developed screen lift and it appeared it has very little glue. So how can we have this scenario and also CBK's video of extreme torture? It would seem something is not right. All I can rationalize at this point is that there is a production location that is not using much glue and there are other production areas that are turning devices that don't seem to exhibit the problem. This is at least a possibility, though it would be nice if BBM would provide some information to address these real concerns.

It also seems like any attempts to determine where and when the phones were manufactured hasn't yielded any useful information. Is this in fact true? Do we have no way to determine where or when a particular phone was manufactured? This is troubling as there will be no way to determine when it is safe to actually buy this device.

As I'm easing into my middle years I really don't have it in me to deal with device failures / returns / being without a phone etc. I see those who are returning phones (I can't even buy one), sending phones in on warranty replacement (guess they have spare phones to use while their new phone is MIA) and all the grief that goes alone with it.

I really want this phone, It answers a lot of my needs, but I really don't want the hassle of dealing with production problems.

I guess I'm talking myself into waiting on this phone, but there is no determined time at this point I should wait. Guess I just have to be patient.
    Production issues may never be worked out. They were never fixed on the PRIV (screen clicking). They just don't care enough to invest in tight quality control. Most of TCL's phones are burners designed for sale in the prepaid aisle at the supermarket.

My advice, just buy it in full with a credit card that has extended warranty benefits so you have 2-3 years of warranty coverage without paying any extra.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-23-17 12:18 AM
    Sure it's still very early on but my tendency would be to think that more than 100,000 units are now in people's hands and on that basis even if there have been 100 screen lifts that equates to a fairly small fraction.
    If you have a barrel of that is supposed to be filled with 100,000 white marbles and blindly reach in and grab about 100 of them and five of them are black, you know a lot about how many black marbles there are in that barrel and it's not 100.
    ajwan likes this.
    06-23-17 12:45 AM
    No issues here! My KEYᴼᴺᴱ is a beast! And just added wireless charging and it's great. I rough with my phones and I'm not worried a bit about the screen, it's stuck like chuck.. I recommend buying it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ab5a680aad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5c3cb14bfc.jpg
    Off topic: Hi there,
    I'm curious, what wireless charging is that? And where from
    Thanks

On:
    Been having fun with my KeyOne for a few weeks now - hard use it on everything - and I can say: the best, strongest phone ever (touch wood)!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-23-17 12:55 AM
    If you have a barrel of that is supposed to be filled with 100,000 white marbles and blindly reach in and grab about 100 of them and five of them are black, you know a lot about how many black marbles there are in that barrel and it's not 100.
    This is racist...
    stlabrat and gqmovement like this.
    06-23-17 12:55 AM
    Thanks

On:
    Been having fun with my KeyOne for a few weeks now - hard use it on everything - and I can say: the best, strongest phone ever (touch wood)!
    If you meant the white and grey little thing further on top of the phone, it's the Blackberry mini bluetooth stereo speaker, about $12 each on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 01:01 AM
    If you meant the white and grey little thing further on top of the phone, it's the Blackberry mini bluetooth stereo speaker, about $12 each on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    You said you've added wireless charging - was curious how Thx
    06-23-17 01:04 AM
    I would wait, I bought mine on launch day and it's still intact but I can't help but worry that my screen might lift any day. You sound like you would be worrying the same way so just save the stress and don't buy it, at least not now. The fact that we don't know whether it is a bad batch, bad quality control or something that all units are prone to is what's bothering me.
    How do I know if I got a good unit?
    Are there good and bad units or are they all made the same?
    Is this an issue that can happen with time?
    I can't even listen to videos on my keyone at high volume because I can feel the frame vibrate and I worry that it will cause the screen to lift, I shouldn't have to worry about dumb stuff like this on a $600 phone.
    krazyatom and eldeadache like this.
    06-23-17 01:07 AM
    Quite the leap of assumption on your part. Since you know the facts and figures please enlighten us with the total sales and the total number of defects.
    06-23-17 01:15 AM
    I would wait, I bought mine on launch day and it's still intact but I can't help but worry that my screen might lift any day. You sound like you would be worrying the same way so just save the stress and don't buy it, at least not now. The fact that we don't know whether it is a bad batch, bad quality control or something that all units are prone to is what's bothering me.
    How do I know if I got a good unit?
    Are there good and bad units or are they all made the same?
    Is this an issue that can happen with time?
    I can't even listen to videos on my keyone at high volume because I can feel the frame vibrate and I worry that it will cause the screen to lift, I shouldn't have to worry about dumb stuff like this on a $600 phone.
    I agree. I too returned mine due to uneven keyboard led and feeling that screen may fall out. I know I'll be stress out whenever I look at the Keyone. I'll wait for TCL official announcement and wait for new production model.
    eldeadache likes this.
    06-23-17 01:29 AM
    This is racist...
    BS
    06-23-17 07:12 AM
    Thanks

On:
    The wireless charging dock is just one I had for my Priv, but I ordered this thing that actually hooks to my keyone I'll post the link.

Type C Wireless Charging Receiver, Nillkin Magic Tag USB C Qi Wireless Charger Receiver Chip [Short Version] for Google Pixe/Nexus 6P and other Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5FDXD4...UvbUpU12937604
    FF22, anon(870071) and herr_tan like this.
    06-23-17 09:26 PM
    You said you've added wireless charging - was curious how Thx
    Posted a link below. 👌👍
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-23-17 09:27 PM
    I agree. I too returned mine due to uneven keyboard led and feeling that screen may fall out. I know I'll be stress out whenever I look at the Keyone. I'll wait for TCL official announcement and wait for new production model.
    The keyboard backlight LEDs are working as designed based on their locations beneath the keyboard. Each key does not have an LED behind it; light dispersion is the reason some areas of some keys are not maximally illuminated by design.
    kbz1960 and stlabrat like this.
    06-23-17 09:49 PM
    With today's manufacturing technology, there are zero excuses for screen lifts. Even one is too many. TCL appears lax with quality control. Even more so by not publicly addressing the issue.
    06-28-17 08:13 PM
    Its actually wrong by design. A phone that the front glass doesn't cover up the whole face will easily pops out when get bent. Keyone is one of it. Its not production or batch fault. Its design that faulty.
    06-28-17 09:45 PM
    Possibly, but I am not aware of similar issues with the Classic or other BlackBerry handsets of yesteryear.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    06-28-17 10:07 PM
    Don't know why they just didn't use a couple screws. Pffft. The more education some of these people get the dumber they become.
    eldeadache and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-29-17 07:37 AM
    Possibly, but I am not aware of similar issues with the Classic or other BlackBerry handsets of yesteryear.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    There were several cases of screen lift on Classic and quite a number on Passport. You can find them in the respective forum.
    The similarity between those and the KEYone is no provision for screwing the screen assembly onto the frame and only a thin strip around the edge of the screen for glue to adhere to.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-29-17 08:35 AM
69 123