When was your Phone made?
    07-04-17 04:48 PM
    what is the date on your Phone? you know when it was made?
    07-04-17 04:50 PM
    man.. keyone only sold literally nothing and so many lift issues. When can we expect a revision 2?
    07-04-17 04:56 PM
    man.. keyone only sold literally nothing and so many lift issues. When can we expect a revision 2?
    Ho many have thy sold? Do you have the numbers?
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-04-17 04:58 PM
    Recieved today the free postage ticket and need to send it to the repair center.

Meanwhile as today was a hot day and I used the KeyOne more, the screen lifted completely, noticed a small line of glue/foam (black) on the sides only that became non-sticky - lost glueing abilities lol

Packed everything with the box and will post tomorrow morning - despite the fact that they said to post it in an envelope?! including the accesories - tf

from the email recieved from Alcatel One Touch (lol) Support:

"Please ensure you send your charger and battery along with the handset so our engineers can examine these accessories.

Pack your mobile and the required accessories securely and place inside an envelope.

Please enclose a copy of your proof of purchase.

At your convenience, take the envelope to your nearest Post Office, they will provide you with a Proof of Postage.

Please do not post the package in a Letter Box.

Retain the Proof of Postage until your handset has been returned to you."

UK owners, did anyone of you send it in an envelope or with the whole box?

Personally I think sending it in an envelope (bubble one i guess) is not safe enough.
    Hmm - maybe they did use enough glue but they used "cheap" glue?

Reminds me of the Torch (Verizon) - apparently BlackBerry had prelaunch devices that were handmade and those tested very well, but when they mass produced them they couldn't get it done properly and they had a 99% return rate according to the book Losing the Signal.

Clearly the K1 isn't at that point but to those who think it's "not possible", historical precedent indicates otherwise loll

It's possible their mass produced versions have a problem that their hand made ones didn't? Who knows - but this isn't a "small problem", not to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 04:58 PM
    i Just want to know. all the Phones with this problem. when Are they made! is it the first Phones or it is later Phones to? hos manny do know when there Phone were made?
    07-04-17 05:06 PM
    I didn't know where to look for the manufacture date. On the box it said 24.04.2017 but as I understood, that's the packaging date? Also understood there are 2 batches - on one it says: Latest Android and the other: Android Nougat 7.1.1 - on the box.

Mine says: Latest Android.
    07-04-17 05:12 PM
    I didn't know where to look for the manufacture date. On the box it said 24.04.2017 but as I understood, that's the packaging date? Also understood there are 2 batches - on one it says: Latest Android and the other: Android Nougat 7.1.1 - on the box.

Mine says: Latest Android.
    Well on my Phone the date was on the screen cover!
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-335.jpg  
    07-04-17 05:17 PM
    Hmm - maybe they did use enough glue but they used "cheap" glue?

Reminds me of the Torch (Verizon) - apparently BlackBerry had prelaunch devices that were handmade and those tested very well, but when they mass produced them they couldn't get it done properly and they had a 99% return rate according to the book Losing the Signal.

Clearly the K1 isn't at that point but to those who think it's "not possible", historical precedent indicates otherwise loll

It's possible their mass produced versions have a problem that their hand made ones didn't? Who knows - but this isn't a "small problem", not to me.

Posted via CB10
    They clearly used cheap/wrong glue - I love the device in full, I won't change it with anything else but this issue is very dissapointing on all levels.

I am not a big BB fan, always loved them for the pkb. Needed Android and missed the pkb - the KeyOne was born and addressed all my needs.
    Gutted about all of this.

Look who came back to life today
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-4674.jpg  
    mister2d likes this.
    07-04-17 05:18 PM
    guess they need some improved glue.
    07-04-17 05:26 PM
    guess they need some improved glue.
    I guess they need to understand that BlackBerry brand is not Alcatel and they need to give a little bit more attention to details and be professional for once :/
    07-04-17 05:31 PM
    I don't have numbers but some Canadian carrier store carrying few keyone per store gives me idea that keyone is very limited production.
    07-04-17 05:35 PM
    Well on my Phone the date was on the screen cover!
    I guess mine was 24/04 as I purchased it on 09/06, right before yours was built, lol
    07-04-17 05:43 PM
    Unfortunately my screen fallen out on holiday last night, I was only showing somebody a picture... here's the result..

Hopefully the replacement will be speedy when I return to the UK! Still and amazing device!
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-27541.jpg  
    07-04-17 05:52 PM
    Unfortunately my screen fallen out on holiday last night, I was only showing somebody a picture... here's the result..

Hopefully the replacement will be speedy when I return to the UK! Still and amazing device!
    keep an eye on this thread as I'm in the UK and I've initiated the process yesterday and tomorrow I'm sending it.

Will post here the updates - timing etc.
    07-04-17 05:56 PM
    It doesn't matter how many sold because we don't know how many screens have fallen out either.

The only thing we know is how many people on crackberry has bought one and how many people have had their screen fallen out.

Can that be extrapolated to the entire numbers of KEYone's in existence? Not really but it's pointless to speculate how many have sold because we wouldn't know how many have returned or exchanged their defective devices either.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 06:06 PM
    I think this is a problem that could happen to all of the early devices. I really doubt that they would continue to use the same amount or the same type of glue after they acknowledged the problem. I bought mine on release day in the U.S. and my screen hasn't lifted yet, is it just a matter of time? Who else bought their devices on day one and still has no problems? I wonder if we are in the minority by now.
    07-04-17 11:48 PM
    This is not good...especially for anyone trying to peddle KEYones on Ebay. I know I wouldn't buy a used KEYone.
    07-05-17 12:38 AM
    This is not good...especially for anyone trying to peddle KEYones on Ebay. I know I wouldn't buy a used KEYone.
    I bought a used Z30 on ebay a couple of years ago, after a few months it's just died, couldn't flash it or anything all I got was the LED light flashing red.

Taken it to Carphone warehouse in the UK and they sent it off to blackberry free of charge, I had it back a few days later.

So long as it isn't your fault the device has broken (drops and smashed etc) you should be alright with getting blackberries on ebay
    07-05-17 03:15 AM
    keep an eye on this thread as I'm in the UK and I've initiated the process yesterday and tomorrow I'm sending it.

Will post here the updates - timing etc.
    Cheers! I'll keep an eye out!
    07-05-17 03:16 AM
    TCL should have done better. This is going way too far.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 08:18 AM
    hmm it is 240 that has the problem and i think the same amount that dont have the problem. i Just Wonder how many Phones of Keyone is sold
    07-05-17 08:24 AM
    Cheers! I'll keep an eye out!
    Today's update:

- called SBE-LTD UK (Repair Centre) to get a status on my repair/replacement;
    - after a 45min wait (on hold) they told me that my KeyOne arrived 30mins ago (shipped Weds morning);
    - they "think" it is covered by the warranty and to check the status again in 5-7 days from today or more as they are not sure yet..
    - BB Hotline said on Monday that in 3-5 days I will get a replacement.

Dissapointment continues..
    07-07-17 06:51 AM
    That's your phone saying "no no don't send me back... I'll be good" lol
    07-07-17 01:06 PM
    That's your phone saying "no no don't send me back... I'll be good" lol
    Starting to regret sending it and not glueing the screen back in place..
    07-07-17 03:11 PM
287 ... 9101112