Haha I hope you do not have the gift of prophesy and my motherboard stays good

Context... I fix what I can. Chose to see the lighter side to things
    If you keep lifting the screen up and poking at it will only make it worse,put two elastic bands on it while you wait on the replacement
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-02-17 05:02 AM
    By the simple logic that we are non-Europe purchasers and I see no need to go through the hassle of returned etc.

It is repairing something I bought and like. I would like to believe I have not lost the innate ability to fix things rather than to wail at warranties etc.
    Hi, please don't think I'm being argumentative, but simple logic in my mind would be to follow the warranty route.

Unless you happen to live in a third world country, I'm not sure how living outside of the EU is an issue. The warranty is global surely?

I'm also a 'fix it' type of person, but as I've stated previously, I can't afford to void the warranty on my KEYone.
    07-02-17 05:05 AM
    Hi, please don't think I'm being argumentative, but simple logic in my mind would be to follow the warranty route.

Unless you happen to live in a third world country, I'm not sure how living outside of the EU is an issue. The warranty is global surely?

I'm also a 'fix it' type of person, but as I've stated previously, I can't afford to void the warranty on my KEYone.
    No worries. Nope, not living in a 3rd world country, (am in Asia) but the hassle of having to return it, swop to a spare and then revert to the new K1 just does not intrigue me one bit.

Guess I just have a higher threshold for risk in this matter and getting the screen together was the preferred route. Yet to ever have a (relatively) new mother board fail on me before so you can say I relied on my higher threshold. BUT if I were in UK, where I ordered it from, I would have gone down the warranty route.

All is good. Was just sharing my experience and not about to start anything with anyone.
    07-02-17 07:02 AM
    No worries. Nope, not living in a 3rd world country, (am in Asia) but the hassle of having to return it, swop to a spare and then revert to the new K1 just does not intrigue me one bit.

Guess I just have a higher threshold for risk in this matter and getting the screen together was the preferred route. Yet to ever have a (relatively) new mother board fail on me before so you can say I relied on my higher threshold. BUT if I were in UK, where I ordered it from, I would have gone down the warranty route.

All is good. Was just sharing my experience and not about to start anything with anyone.
    As it happens my previous phone was a Sony Xperia Z3 and its mother board went just after the 2 year warranty had expired. No way I was going to get it fixed and hence why I bought the KEYone two months ago, having reverted to using my 4 year old Bold 9900 in between. Hope your fix holds up.
    07-02-17 08:08 AM
    As it happens my previous phone was a Sony Xperia Z3 and its mother board went just after the 2 year warranty had expired. No way I was going to get it fixed and hence why I bought the KEYone two months ago, having reverted to using my 4 year old Bold 9900 in between. Hope your fix holds up.
    Appreciate your thought!

I had said that having done my own repairs, I was mentally freed to rock K1 naked. So incidentally, when away for work a few days ago, I carelessly allowed my K1 to fly out from my jacket pocket at table height. Went right onto the concrete floor, with the top left corner taking the hit. Phone survived really well and yes the screen held firm.
    rx8er and FF22 like this.
    07-02-17 08:47 AM
    I'm not advocating fixing the device yourself but I can see why many people would chose to go that route. If my screen happened to lift and I had screen tape available I would probably just fix it myself and avoid having to send back the device, wait for a replacement and then set up a new device. Let's be honest here, if my battery, storage, motherboard etc goes bad after that how would they know that I applied glue to the screen? No water damage or other stickers have been removed that would void your warranty. Add to that the peace of mind you would get after knowing 100% that your screen is well secured vs not knowing whether your new replacement is fixed or will have the same fate later on.
    hjc73734 and NathDogg like this.
    07-02-17 11:32 PM
    Thats frustrating, waiting for a replacement is the next hurdle huh. Someone in a post said he/she has been waiting 11 days now for a reply on a replacement.
    I've called the UK Hotline today and they told me that in 3-5 days I will get a replacement, but not before sending the faulty back, despite me saying that I need it.

After that I recieved an email containing a RMA number and the address where to send mine to be repaired also instructions how to track the repair process?! NOTHING about a REPLACEMENT!
    Replied instantly asking about this matter but didn't get an answer (been 9h since).

Quite worried and disappointed on how this is going.
    Anyone else has called the UK Hotline?
    07-03-17 12:30 PM
    Its obviously a wide spread manufacturing issue. Mine appears to be solid as a rock like everyone else's whose screen hasn't come off. Not gonna be happy if/when this happens.
    Reading this thread definitely can cause concern. So I just grabbed my TomTom windshield suction cup thingie and applied it to the screen. While not overdoing the force/pull I did yank on it. I then moved it more or less to each corner and did the same. I detected no movement. Clearly, this does not mean that it won't happen in the future or that if there is some sort of defective adhesive that age might not adversely affect it.

Mine is a cdma unit from Amazon. I have not moved my Verizon sim (from the Priv) to the Keyone yet but did move a Tmobile sim which appears to be working but I have a very limited plan. Call in/out and messaging appear to be working.
    07-03-17 01:15 PM
    Not sure if this has been asked or answered yet, but has anyone who received a CDMA version experienced any screen lift?
    CDMA version from Amazon.

I just posted about experimenting a bit (possibly one or two replies above this one). I've only had the phone two or three days.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-03-17 01:19 PM
    Tumi?
    Frankly, getting the Tumi Case on and then off and then on again - was a real test of the screen adhesion!!! Mine has, so far, held together. Yes, that case is bear to use but I do like it but I like flip cases. It seems to stay closed with its magnet.
    07-03-17 01:22 PM
    I was stating the same a few days ago . don't want to be a jinx and I do hope that your ones stay solid forever
    07-03-17 01:25 PM
    CDMA version from Amazon.

I just posted about experimenting a bit (possibly one or two replies above this one). I've only had the phone two or three days.
    Good to know, thanks. I would have to check and see what (if any) warranty options I may have if indeed the screen lifts, as this device was won at the DC Crackberry Meetup.

FWIW, I kept my PRIV (work phone for time being) and retired my Z10 - had to go VZW store to get the Nan-SIM but the tech guy recognized the device, knew exactly what to do to get the new SIM on their Network and it took all of about 10 min to complete, no need to jump from my SIM to a dummy phone then to Nano-SIM. Their system shows the Device as being the correct BB100-3.

Bad news is that while all the sales staff were aware and even in awe of the device, they all said emphatically that Verizon will NOT be carrying it for sale. Only available as a BYOD solution.
    07-03-17 01:32 PM
    I've called the UK Hotline today and they told me that in 3-5 days I will get a replacement, but not before sending the faulty back, despite me saying that I need it.

After that I recieved an email containing a RMA number and the address where to send mine to be repaired also instructions how to track the repair process?! NOTHING about a REPLACEMENT!
    Replied instantly asking about this matter but didn't get an answer (been 9h since).

Quite worried and disappointed on how this is going.
    Anyone else has called the UK Hotline?
    I called them and they said 3 to 5 days for replacement.

Email snipped below.

In our to send the device to our authorised repair centre we kindly ask to confirm some details with us.

As agreed upon in our last phone conversation please reply to this email with some pictures highlighting the issue and your full address.

I would like to remind that these details are mandatory in successfully completing the RMA event.

I have send the pictures on Sunday but have heard nothing back today. I have noticed it says repair center........... !!!!!! I'll keep you posted.
    07-03-17 01:42 PM
    I called them and they said 3 to 5 days for replacement.

Email snipped below.

In our to send the device to our authorised repair centre we kindly ask to confirm some details with us.

As agreed upon in our last phone conversation please reply to this email with some pictures highlighting the issue and your full address.

I would like to remind that these details are mandatory in successfully completing the RMA event.

I have send the pictures on Sunday but have heard nothing back today. I have noticed it says repair center........... !!!!!! I'll keep you posted.
    The one I got is as follows:

"..Please find in attached file the information related to your product and your unique RMA number :*(RMA_SBEUK...)

For all the information regarding the status of your repair, please get in contact with the repair center (quoting your IMEI and your RMA Number).

Sincerely,
    Your Customer Support Team."

Asked BlackBerry Mobile a while ago via Twitter and their reply was:

Will call again tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-screenshot_20170703-204059.jpg  
    07-03-17 02:42 PM
    The one I got is as follows:

"..Please find in attached file the information related to your product and your unique RMA number :*(RMA_SBEUK...)

For all the information regarding the status of your repair, please get in contact with the repair center (quoting your IMEI and your RMA Number).

Sincerely,
    Your Customer Support Team."

Asked BlackBerry Mobile a while ago via Twitter and their reply was:

Will call again tomorrow
    I wonder why I had to send photos?
    07-03-17 02:45 PM
    I've sent them photos aswell and the purchasing invoice from CPW but not on request, decided to include with the details.

Had a 2 email conversation with the support rep after the phone chat and the last one before the RMA one was:

BTW - only recieved the repair booking - no ticket or info about a replacement
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-picsart_07-03-08.47.50.jpg  
    07-03-17 02:54 PM
    Good to know, thanks. I would have to check and see what (if any) warranty options I may have if indeed the screen lifts, as this device was won at the DC Crackberry Meetup.

FWIW, I kept my PRIV (work phone for time being) and retired my Z10 - had to go VZW store to get the Nan-SIM but the tech guy recognized the device, knew exactly what to do to get the new SIM on their Network and it took all of about 10 min to complete, no need to jump from my SIM to a dummy phone then to Nano-SIM. Their system shows the Device as being the correct BB100-3.

Bad news is that while all the sales staff were aware and even in awe of the device, they all said emphatically that Verizon will NOT be carrying it for sale. Only available as a BYOD solution.
    I guess Verizon has felt burned by BB devices in the past. We shall see if they change their mind of the so-called Enterprise customers start asking about it.

But is is also comforting that they know the phone well enough to be able to get it going - well, at the store you visited!!!

Do you know if Verizon has any plans/methods of using two cell phones with one number but without having to constantly swap the sim card?
    07-03-17 02:56 PM
    I guess Verizon has felt burned by BB devices in the past. We shall see if they change their mind of the so-called Enterprise customers start asking about it.

But is is also comforting that they know the phone well enough to be able to get it going - well, at the store you visited!!!

Do you know if Verizon has any plans/methods of using two cell phones with one number but without having to constantly swap the sim card?
    Didn't ask them about the multi phone/single SIM solution but as it is literally 200 yards from my office, will ask them on Wed.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-17 06:15 PM
    Verizon did NOT get burned by BlackBerry! It's the other way around my friend.. Why would BlackBerry work with them after Verizon held security updates and OS updates from customers, how can BlackBerry stay true to its word on patches when the carrier won't release them. So don't blame BlackBerry when Verizon is the reason BlackBerry is done with them. Verizon will Never be able to sale a BlackBerry again because BlackBerry is done with them..
    07-03-17 07:42 PM
    Verizon did NOT get burned by BlackBerry! It's the other way around my friend.. Why would BlackBerry work with them after Verizon held security updates and OS updates from customers, how can BlackBerry stay true to its word on patches when the carrier won't release them. So don't blame BlackBerry when Verizon is the reason BlackBerry is done with them. Verizon will Never be able to sale a BlackBerry again because BlackBerry is done with them..
    Actually no, Verizon was hoping BlackBerry would give them something to go toe to toe with AT&T and the iPhone exclusive, since Verizon decided to pass on the iPhone originally. What they got was the flaming pile of poo that was the OG Storm (yes some of you love it, you're in the minority) that had BlackBerry customers crying for something else, and so Verizon provided everyone with the shiny new Droid to combat the rising iPhone tide. Verizon had their new golden child and pretty much treated BlackBerry like the friend that failed them ever since.
    FF22, krazyatom, MikeX74 and 1 others like this.
    07-03-17 08:12 PM
    Actually no, Verizon was hoping BlackBerry would give them something to go toe to toe with AT&T and the iPhone exclusive, since Verizon decided to pass on the iPhone originally. What they got was the flaming pile of poo that was the OG Storm (yes some of you love it, you're in the minority) that had BlackBerry customers crying for something else, and so Verizon provided everyone with the shiny new Droid to combat the rising iPhone tide. Verizon had their new golden child and pretty much treated BlackBerry like the friend that failed them ever since.
    Yup, and all of the money they spent on that DroidDoes/iDon't ad campaign could've been used to promote BlackBerry devices if BB had come through.
    07-04-17 06:12 AM
    Unfortunately, my phone's screen started to have the "lift" on the left lower corner this weekend. I was tapping on that area and noted a different sound and sure enough, saw that corner was lifted slightly compared to the rest of the screen..the lift caused the tapping noise on that corner.
    Not happy at all. The phone was good for at least 3-4 weeks, and I thought I was one of the lucky ones to get a pristine unit...it's going back to Rogers.
    07-04-17 11:57 AM
    When was your Phone made? Date?
    07-04-17 12:07 PM
    Unfortunately, my phone's screen started to have the "lift" on the left lower corner this weekend. I was tapping on that area and noted a different sound and sure enough, saw that corner was lifted slightly compared to the rest of the screen..the lift caused the tapping noise on that corner.
    Not happy at all. The phone was good for at least 3-4 weeks, and I thought I was one of the lucky ones to get a pristine unit...it's going back to Rogers.
    Well at least you can return and exchange it

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 12:51 PM
    Recieved today the free postage ticket and need to send it to the repair center.

Meanwhile as today was a hot day and I used the KeyOne more, the screen lifted completely, noticed a small line of glue/foam (black) on the sides only that became non-sticky - lost glueing abilities lol

Packed everything with the box and will post tomorrow morning - despite the fact that they said to post it in an envelope?! including the accesories - tf

from the email recieved from Alcatel One Touch (lol) Support:

"Please ensure you send your charger and battery along with the handset so our engineers can examine these accessories.

Pack your mobile and the required accessories securely and place inside an envelope.

Please enclose a copy of your proof of purchase.

At your convenience, take the envelope to your nearest Post Office, they will provide you with a Proof of Postage.

Please do not post the package in a Letter Box.

Retain the Proof of Postage until your handset has been returned to you."

UK owners, did anyone of you send it in an envelope or with the whole box?

Personally I think sending it in an envelope (bubble one i guess) is not safe enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-4665.jpg  
    07-04-17 04:21 PM
287 ... 89101112