Well, so my screen lifted today too. No bending, phone in my pocket and in Incipio DualPro case. Still it happened and I believe it was caused by heat. It was really very hot day today, phone was in a case, so it overheats even more than usually and in pocket... There's some glue on the edge but that's all. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tNME5Ra05TM0V3
    Did your ribbon cable break or is the phone still functional?
    06-29-17 12:18 AM
    Did your ribbon cable break or is the phone still functional?
    It's still working. I stopped using the phone when I spotted the screen is lifted a bit to avoid more damage and I was able to factory reset it before sending for repair.
    06-29-17 12:22 AM
    Lol, it's funny (actually it isn't). I was preparing K1 for sending it back for repair and guess what - it's ok now! It sticks and I'm not able to pull LCD from frame even when I'm really trying hard. The only difference is that it's much colder today than yesterday.

I definitely want a new K1 as I'm not going to use my phone only when it's <30 °C but it might be difficult to prove it's broken .
    06-29-17 05:24 AM
    Nope, it lifted again.
    06-29-17 05:29 AM
    Mine began lifting last night. Best Buy says out of return period so I have to call BlackBerry Mobile today.
    06-29-17 06:00 AM
    Nope, it lifted again.
    The glue BBM/TCL used is a sentient being.
    We can do nothing but kill it.
    06-29-17 06:03 AM
    And they add more. Such a shame.
    06-29-17 07:22 AM
    wondering what kind of adhesive they used for K1. Can't be the same as other used by old BB10... those need hot air gun to take it off and super gummy. look like either there is material compatibility issue (or lock of primer to activate the bezel surface), or the stuff itself is not mean to be structure adhesive - simply a sealant...IMHO. Hopefully, it is not the same stuff used for slab for sealant...
    06-29-17 08:03 AM
    mine actually lifted too... I decided to just super glued it back together and it sort of gave me the mental freedom to rock it naked! K1 is best this way. Others will disagree but I sort of feel liberated
    Any tips on where to apply the glue and also any particular / special glue you've used?

Mine hasn't lifted, yet ) but I'm an engineer and this thing bugs my brains.
    I want to be prepaired.
    Thanks
    07-01-17 03:42 PM
    I'm not here to pick apart your post. In fact I think its quite good. But for someone who said this: "Have you watched CBK's latest video? The screen "issue" isn't much of an issue. Typing this on my KEYone that I've has since the 31st. Great phone" I think its time to put some perspective into how big an issue this is.

I am enjoying the KEYone. But I do feel that if I don't handle it like a baby that the screen will come off. You shouldn't have to take it to a shop to have what is most certainly a manufacturing defect fixed. This shouldn't happen. As someone who's repeatedly scoffed at those who've claimed this was a real issue I'd hope you now realize that this is a bigger problem than you thought it was.
    I am inclined to agree with you. Thanks for your post.
    07-01-17 04:42 PM
    Any tips on where to apply the glue and also any particular / special glue you've used?

I want to be prepaired.
    Thanks
    Hey I'm an engineer too, maybe I should get a k1 also, then if the screen pops out I could fix it. Cordless drill and hammer at the ready ;-)
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-17 04:42 PM
    Hey I'm an engineer too, maybe I should get a k1 also, then if the screen pops out I could fix it. Cordless drill and hammer at the ready ;-)
    Not that type of engineer, lol. Was just saying - makes me worry that's why.
    07-01-17 04:50 PM
    Why on earth would anyone even consider attempting to re-glue any screen, on any manufacturers device that is lifting, when said device is under the manufacturers warranty? A £500 phone ($600) and some people can actually afford to throw away their warranty!
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 07-03-17 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Trolling
    07-01-17 05:11 PM
    Just emailed TCL and BlackBerry Mobile support - reading this thread noticed that the right bottom side of the display has lifted 1mm or maybe 0.8 and it moves up and down when pressed I wonder how quick they will reply and what's the solution as I don't want to go to Carphone Warehouse and get a replacement from the same stock.
    07-01-17 05:33 PM
    I hear so many lift issues and I decided to move on and wait for next device.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-17 06:34 PM
    Why on earth would anyone even consider attempting to re-glue any screen, on any manufacturers device that is lifting, when said device is under the manufacturers warranty? A £500 phone ($600) and some people can actually afford to throw away their warranty!
    By the simple logic that we are non-Europe purchasers and I see no need to go through the hassle of returned etc.

It is repairing something I bought and like. I would like to believe I have not lost the innate ability to fix things rather than to wail at warranties etc.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 07-03-17 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Quoted post edit
    07-01-17 09:01 PM

I want to be prepaired.
    Thanks
    I used off the shelf super glue. I was fortunate not to leave noticeable streaks. Looking back, maybe I have been more conservative and used the tape method mentioned in the middle of this whole thread.

Hope you wouldn't have to perform repairs my friend!
    07-01-17 09:03 PM
    Sadly the screen started to lift a bit in the right corner
    - emailed BlackBerry Mobile and waiting for monday to call the Hotline - I really don't want to send it without receiving the replacement 1st;
    - very disappointed with the outsource of the company to TCL who clearly have committed it with this.

Thanks for the tips but will do it "the warranty way" - I will wait and see how quick the response/resolution takes place.
    rx8er likes this.
    07-02-17 02:18 AM
    Guess I prefer to see the humor and positive side of it. Blackberry has been about being a workhorse for me. This phone is it.

Screen lifts? Let's just fix it ourselves. Yes, we do pay money for this and expect more. But hey, if we use Blackberry, we are supposed to be ready to rumble and tumble with it. My personal opinion. Not gonna start a war of words here. I'm done. Over and out.
    Agreed just use the point of a pointed toothpicks, a little crazy glue and problem solved!!!
    Noticed my left bottom corner was moving when i tapped the BACK button. Saw it's slightly lifting so I peeled with my fingernails slightly and the whole screen just came off. Luckily I was at home on my desk so I was able to be careful and not rip the ribbon.

I took the opportunity to take some careful pics of the glue.
    Shot with my PRIV.

BOTTOM:
    No glue is visible on the bottom edge. Some can be seen on the bottom right edge.
    Attachment 425705

RIGHT:
    Little bit on the bottom half. Very thin and not very sticky. just a dab on second top half though.
    Attachment 425706
    Attachment 425707

TOP:
    Very little on the top right side near the proximity sensor. None on the left half by the camera.
    Attachment 425709
    Attachment 425710

LEFT:
    NO GLUE AT ALL on the entire left side. Smooth edge.
    Attachment 425711
    07-02-17 02:40 AM
    Beside the screen isn't well glued/sticked, I think its actually design fault. A phone with the front glass not covering the whole face like K1 will easily pops out when it gets bended (note, if it isn't glued perfectly), Im sure it will also happen to similar front glassed phone like Z10.
    It is indeed.

What BlackBerry should have done is followed what Samsung and LG do, by placing the screen into the frame of the phone, that makes the phone much harder to bend and the display would sit firmly and also would create a very good seal from the elements.

But they chose to take shortcuts.
    07-02-17 02:49 AM
    By the simple logic that we are non-Europe purchasers and I see no need to go through the hassle of returned etc.

It is repairing something I bought and like. I would like to believe I have not lost the innate ability to fix things rather than to wail at warranties etc.
    So if the motherboard goes bad (which happens a lot with modern smartphones ) you will then fix that to? As you have voided your warranty.
    07-02-17 03:19 AM
    Please do not self repair your KEYone. Contact us for a replacement using our hotline services support Redirecting...

Please stay tuned for further updates...
    Purchased it from Carphone Warehouse in the UK on 09/06.
    The date on the box in 23/04/17 and it says: Latest Android.

Here are some photos - taken with a Samsung S6.

Hasn't lifted completely yet but it moves up & down and I could slide a piece of carton in (1mm thickness) as you can see.

Sent an email to BlackBerry Contact Center and recieved a reply with the case number: ALC-1035356.
    Will also call the Hotline tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-7008.jpg  
    07-02-17 03:39 AM
    2nd
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-7006.jpg  
    07-02-17 03:42 AM
    3rd - my nail fits in and I could lift it 3-4mm. Feels like it has some glue in there, but..
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-7005.jpg  
    07-02-17 03:44 AM
    So if the motherboard goes bad (which happens a lot with modern smartphones ) you will then fix that to? As you have voided your warranty.
    Haha I hope you do not have the gift of prophesy and my motherboard stays good

Context... I fix what I can. Chose to see the lighter side to things
    07-02-17 04:27 AM
287 ... 7891011 ...