This is a bigger deal than some folks on this forum are saying. Can you think of a phone with this many issues out of the gate?
    Nope... none at all....

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-an...ter-batteries/
    06-27-17 10:27 PM
    Least they acknowledged the problem though right
    06-27-17 10:32 PM
    Least they acknowledged the problem though right
    Yes, Samsung eventually did (as has BB Mobile). And to be clear, I don't want to make light of the issues here. I feel for anyone who has had to deal with this manufacturing defect, I just think we need to put it in perspective. Flaws happen to everyone (Note, Antennae-gate, etc) and it remains unclear how widespread this is. BB Mobile has done the right thing and been forthcoming (fairly quickly IMHO) and put in place a process to replace the defects (as imperfect as it, or any replacement process, may be).
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-27-17 10:37 PM
    Reports of explosions on August 24th. Samsung recalls begin September 2nd. A week?

Considering they shipped 2.5m notes within a week, and having my state get 8'k1s On launch day, its got alot of problems for a small release.
    06-27-17 10:49 PM
    Reports of explosions on August 24th. Samsung recalls begin September 2nd. A week?

Considering they shipped 2.5m notes within a week, and having my state get 8'k1s On launch day, its got alot of problems for a small release.
    You may be 100% right on the relative scale of the problem, I certainly don't know because we have no numbers on this yet.

In terms of timing, I don't know when widespread reports of the screen issue started, but I do know JerryRigEverything posted his screen fail on June 8th and on June 10th BB Mobile issued their statement with replacement guidance. Not bad IMO, but others will feel differently.
    06-27-17 10:59 PM
    ^we don't have numbers but we can make a semi-educated guess ;-p
    chain13 likes this.
    06-27-17 11:30 PM
    This is a bigger deal than some folks on this forum are saying. Can you think of a phone with this many issues out of the gate?
    Yeah, Priv.

Posted via CB10
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-28-17 07:26 AM
    A couple weeks back I said on this forum if my screen lifted I would fix it myself. Today I did, well sort of...

I noticed yesterday that when I set the device face down on a flat surface the top didn't lay perfectly flat. As a person who frequently carries my phone in my back pocket, I remembered from my Passport days that sitting on it can torque the frame just a bit. SO, I decided to gently torque it back. I twisted the frame just a bit to realign it, and the lower right corner of the screen lifted. Oops, I really wasn't expecting that! At the same time I wasn't entirely surprised either. In a way I felt like a burden had finally been lifted (pun intended). Okay, now I could fix it, and never have to worry about it again was my thought. I put a small piece of tape over the corner, and waited until today to start fresh.

I've learned from these posts that my first inclination to use super glue was a bad idea. I decided to first go up the street from where I live to ask a local "phone doctor" his advice. He took a look at it and said he could fix it easily. He'd remove the screen; line the perimeter with this thin red double sided tape; reattach the screen, then apply some mild pressure and heat to cure it all in place. When I asked how much it would cost for him to do it, he said no charge! I couldn't believe it. I offered several times to pay him, but he said the repair would cost next to nothing to do, and he refused to take any money.

To make a long story longer, an hour or so later I had my KEYone back and it's even better than new! I know there will be people who pick this post apart, finding fault with me and with BBMo. I love this device too much to give it up, and it's others on this forum who are willing to roll up their sleeves, and take the good with the bad, that makes me proud to be a part of this BlackBerry community.
    But you've thrown away your warranty, if something else goes wrong you may very well be out of luck and money. People, People, any tampering while under warranty and you lose it all. He didn't charge you because now he can't be held liable if his fix didn't fix or created another problem!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 07:30 AM
    Not sure if this has been asked or answered yet, but has anyone who received a CDMA version experienced any screen lift?
    06-28-17 07:31 AM
    You may be 100% right on the relative scale of the problem, I certainly don't know because we have no numbers on this yet.

In terms of timing, I don't know when widespread reports of the screen issue started, but I do know JerryRigEverything posted his screen fail on June 8th and on June 10th BB Mobile issued their statement with replacement guidance. Not bad IMO, but others will feel differently.
    Jerryrig has nothing to do with it beyond discovering the lack of glue.
    06-28-17 07:53 AM
    While I'm still waiting on my K1, two friends have them and both of them had screens lift... One lifted before four of us on lookers while my buddy pulled off the protective screen cover !!!!!!!!
    Tumi?
    06-28-17 02:28 PM
    A couple weeks back I said on this forum if my screen lifted I would fix it myself. Today I did, well sort of...

I noticed yesterday that when I set the device face down on a flat surface the top didn't lay perfectly flat. As a person who frequently carries my phone in my back pocket, I remembered from my Passport days that sitting on it can torque the frame just a bit. SO, I decided to gently torque it back. I twisted the frame just a bit to realign it, and the lower right corner of the screen lifted. Oops, I really wasn't expecting that! At the same time I wasn't entirely surprised either. In a way I felt like a burden had finally been lifted (pun intended). Okay, now I could fix it, and never have to worry about it again was my thought. I put a small piece of tape over the corner, and waited until today to start fresh.

I've learned from these posts that my first inclination to use super glue was a bad idea. I decided to first go up the street from where I live to ask a local "phone doctor" his advice. He took a look at it and said he could fix it easily. He'd remove the screen; line the perimeter with this thin red double sided tape; reattach the screen, then apply some mild pressure and heat to cure it all in place. When I asked how much it would cost for him to do it, he said no charge! I couldn't believe it. I offered several times to pay him, but he said the repair would cost next to nothing to do, and he refused to take any money.

To make a long story longer, an hour or so later I had my KEYone back and it's even better than new! I know there will be people who pick this post apart, finding fault with me and with BBMo. I love this device too much to give it up, and it's others on this forum who are willing to roll up their sleeves, and take the good with the bad, that makes me proud to be a part of this BlackBerry community.
    I'm not here to pick apart your post. In fact I think its quite good. But for someone who said this: "Have you watched CBK's latest video? The screen "issue" isn't much of an issue. Typing this on my KEYone that I've has since the 31st. Great phone" I think its time to put some perspective into how big an issue this is.

I am enjoying the KEYone. But I do feel that if I don't handle it like a baby that the screen will come off. You shouldn't have to take it to a shop to have what is most certainly a manufacturing defect fixed. This shouldn't happen. As someone who's repeatedly scoffed at those who've claimed this was a real issue I'd hope you now realize that this is a bigger problem than you thought it was.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-17 02:44 PM
    I will say one thing BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) was quick to replace my friends phones with new ones. They are on top of the issue I think
    06-28-17 03:06 PM
    Tumi?? What??
    06-28-17 03:07 PM
    Tumi..case is not suitable for K1.
    Do a search on cb.
    Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 03:12 PM
    Tumi the keyone killer!
    06-28-17 03:57 PM
    Tumi the keyone killer!
    Glue is the cure.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-28-17 04:30 PM
    I think unless we start hearing about screen lifts from folks who already got their keyones replaced once then we can have some level of confidence that the issue has been fixed. Blackberry/TCL won't announce that a fix has been applied because that would be admitting to a manufacturing defect and then all of us who bought a keyone on the first days of availability will have grounds on demanding an exchange whether your screen has lifted or not.
    06-28-17 04:50 PM
    Well, so my screen lifted today too. No bending, phone in my pocket and in Incipio DualPro case. Still it happened and I believe it was caused by heat. It was really very hot day today, phone was in a case, so it overheats even more than usually and in pocket... There's some glue on the edge but that's all. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tNME5Ra05TM0V3
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-28-17 05:17 PM
    Well, so my screen lifted today too. No bending, phone in my pocket and in Incipio DualPro case. Still it happened and I believe it was caused by heat. It was really very hot day today, phone was in a case, so it overheat even more than usually and in pocket... There's some glue on the edge but that's all. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tNME5Ra05TM0V3
    Please let us know your replacement experience. I want keyone but screen lift really bothers me.
    06-28-17 05:19 PM
    Well, so my screen lifted today too. No bending, phone in my pocket and in Incipio DualPro case. Still it happened and I believe it was caused by heat. It was really very hot day today, phone was in a case, so it overheats even more than usually and in pocket... There's some glue on the edge but that's all. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tNME5Ra05TM0V3
    Sorry to hear that.

How long have you had it?

What happened to that Mega Screen Lift collection thread?
    06-28-17 05:25 PM
    Sorry to hear that.

How long have you had it?
    For about one month. Dispatched on 19/05/2017.
    06-28-17 05:27 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12943455

found the megathread.
    Should be more entries than that based on what's been said here.
    06-28-17 05:36 PM
    If my does I'll be so mad! Sorry this happened to you man.
    06-28-17 06:17 PM
    Sorry this happened to you man.
    It's not your fault afterall..
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-28-17 07:41 PM
287 ... 678910 ...