UPDATE:

I simply scraped off all the glue residue. Put strips of 3M double sided Mobile Phone tape all around the screen edge. Wrapped rubber bands around it. Waited overnight and now it's better than NEW. LOL

It's a simple fix if you're very careful and gentle so as to not rip the ribbon.

Tape I used:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12939195
    Uzi likes this.
    06-25-17 10:32 AM
    UPDATE:

I simply scraped off all the glue residue. Put strips of 3M double sided Mobile Phone tape all around the screen edge. Wrapped rubber bands around it. Waited overnight and now it's better than NEW. LOL

It's a simple fix if you're very careful and gentle so as to not rip the ribbon.

Tape I used:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12939220
    Too bad you didn't documentation that process, will be useful for others who want to fix themselves
    WT44 likes this.
    06-25-17 10:53 AM
    Terrible. Good luck with that.
    Priv 2 would b a better idea than this design
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-25-17 02:58 PM
    mine actually lifted too... I decided to just super glued it back together and it sort of gave me the mental freedom to rock it naked! K1 is best this way. Others will disagree but I sort of feel liberated
    Lol
    06-25-17 03:46 PM
    Too bad you didn't documentation that process, will be useful for others who want to fix themselves
    I think the description was pretty clear, but not everyone should attempt to fix their phone just because someone else documented it step by step. People who are experienced and good at dong this type of repair tend to make it seem easy. It doesn't mean it isn't also easy to end up worse off than when you started.
    06-25-17 04:20 PM
    I wanted to. But due to time contraints I just wanted to get it done.

But it really is as simple as the description.
    JUST BE REALLY GENTLE LIFTING THE SCREEN TO PREVENT DAMAGING THE RIBBON.

Some tools you'll need:

-Suction cup lifting tool to easily lift the screen.
    -cut an old credit card, store discount card, etc.. into a scraping tool.
    -Compressed air to blow old glue that drops around the phones internals
    -sharp pointed scissors to trim tape to size.
    -tweezers to manipulate the tape and to remove the secondary backing for final adhesion.
    -hair dryer or heat gun to heat cycle the adhesive

Afterwards, I put something similar to the size of the screen on top of the screen and put a little weight on it for pressure. left it overnight to cure. Something less than 1lb would be fine. I used a deck of cards and placed a thick coffee mug on top of that.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-25-17 08:46 PM
    To be clear you put the tape around the edge where the supposed "glue" exists right? You did not put any tape on the back of the screen itself where the shiny silver material is?
    06-25-17 10:28 PM
    To be clear you put the tape around the edge where the supposed "glue" exists right? You did not put any tape on the back of the screen itself where the shiny silver material is?
    Only where it originally existed.

That back panel is actually very fragile. It can lift off with very little pressure. Don't ask how I know. Lol. Any adhesive there wouldn't help much.

When scraping glue, try not to get any jammed into the crevices. Scrape straight sideways and away as much as possible.
    06-25-17 10:48 PM
    Only where it originally existed.

That back panel is actually very fragile. It can lift off with very little pressure. Don't ask how I know. Lol. Any adhesive there wouldn't help much.

When scraping glue, try not to get any jammed into the crevices. Scrape straight sideways and away as much as possible.
    Got it, if my screen lifts I would probably try to fix it myself as well, I don't have spare phone to use in case I have to send it back. I know I would void my warranty but until they announce that a fix has been made to production I don't see the point of getting a replacement unit that may have the same problem.
    06-25-17 11:22 PM
    Hasn't been 30 days yet. People are self gluing their screens.

Is there no better process in place for exchanges? I would think this will void the warranty, even if something else fails on the device within the 1 year mark. And integrity, will you guys disclose self repairs when selling the device?

Used market for this device sounds terrifying already.
    Uzi, Elephant_Canyon and mister2d like this.
    06-25-17 11:28 PM
    Hasn't been 30 days yet. People are self gluing their screens.

Is there no better process in place for exchanges? I would think this will void the warranty, even if something else fails on the device within the 1 year mark. And integrity, will you guys disclose self repairs when selling the device?

Used market for this device sounds terrifying already.
    Hey I super glued my Priv to solve the 'creaky back' issue lol and it solid until now
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-25-17 11:38 PM
    Please do not self repair your KEYone. Contact us for a replacement using our hotline services support Redirecting...

Please stay tuned for further updates...
    If I bought the KEYone from an online store based at UK, and I'm staying at Malaysia, is there anyway I can send my phone for warranty for the screen lift issue?
    06-26-17 07:29 AM
    UPDATE:

Tape I used:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12940201
    you brave soul. wish you all the best. scary...enjoy your customer made K1+
    06-26-17 08:44 AM
    Yesterday i had more or less the same issue. After a small drop on my desk the screen started to feel more and more loose. I noticed that the screen became loose in the lower right corner. I lifted it a bit and it was so easy to remove, only a very little glue was visible. Unfortunately i was not at home and had to use some universal glue to fix the screen to the phone. That worked pretty well but I'll try the strips you mentioned, thanks for that! I will fix it myself since i don't want to wait weeks for a repair... Quality is pretty poor...It's a model from Germany bought in May.
    06-26-17 10:20 AM
    Yesterday i had more or less the same issue. After a small drop on my desk the screen started to feel more and more loose. I noticed that the screen became loose in the lower right corner. I lifted it a bit and it was so easy to remove, only a very little glue was visible. Unfortunately i was not at home and had to use some universal glue to fix the screen to the phone. That worked pretty well but I'll try the strips you mentioned, thanks for that! I will fix it myself since i don't want to wait weeks for a repair... Quality is pretty poor...It's a model from Germany bought in May.
    I found out that the 3M "RED" tape is the stickiest. But I also read it's harder to work with.

Also 1mm-1.5mm is probably ideal for our screens. Mine was 2mm wide and I had to work really precisely to get it fitting perfectly without any coming out of the sides.

25M RED Adhesive Double Side Tape Strong Sticky For Cell Phone LCD Screen Repair | eBay

Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-capture.jpg
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-26-17 12:59 PM
    Black is better if you have to. At least it stated as for lcd or screen. It should be EMI complained. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 02:43 PM
    I found out that the 3M "RED" tape is the stickiest. But I also read it's harder to work with.

Also 1mm-1.5mm is probably ideal for our screens. Mine was 2mm wide and I had to work really precisely to get it fitting perfectly without any coming out of the sides.

25M RED Adhesive Double Side Tape Strong Sticky For Cell Phone LCD Screen Repair | eBay

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	437 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	426004
    You should start a new thread because these infos are very helpful. You be a sticky.
    06-26-17 02:44 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	437 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	426004
    I'm not fixing a $600 purchase I just bought. Faux pas - I rather get my $ back and try again at a later date. I'm not Jimmy rigging a screen with tape - hold them accountable!
    kbz1960 and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-26-17 04:23 PM
    Let's tape together the $600 phone (with budget specs) we just bought and try to convince ourselves it's no big deal!
    06-26-17 05:43 PM
    fixing it ourselves is a personal choice. people change their own oil on their cars even though the dealership may offer free service.

am I disappointed? of course but this was the most convenient route for me at this time.
    06-26-17 08:24 PM
    fixing it ourselves is a personal choice. people change their own oil on their cars even though the dealership may offer free service.

am I disappointed? of course but this was the most convenient route for me at this time.
    Changing my own oil doesn't void my warranty. The jerry rigging my screen back together does. If I can provide receipt evidence of my oil changes, and my motor blows up, I'm golden. Try sending TCL your handiwork if something else on your phone breaks and see what happens.
    06-26-17 09:28 PM
    Beside the screen isn't well glued/sticked, I think its actually design fault. A phone with the front glass not covering the whole face like K1 will easily pops out when it gets bended (note, if it isn't glued perfectly), Im sure it will also happen to similar front glassed phone like Z10.
    06-26-17 11:15 PM
    And who knows definitively if re-adhering your own screen voids the warranty in the first place?
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-26-17 11:28 PM
    And who knows definitively if re-adhering your own screen voids the warranty in the first place?
    Best to assume it does until we hear otherwise from BBM. If it doesn't then go nuts. Otherwise it's a pretty bad idea.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-17 11:35 PM
    Hey OP, just wondering what was 'OS' specs written on the back of your KEYone box?

I've noticed there's 2 variations, The first one was 'Latest Android' and the newer ones seem to say 'Android 7.1 Nougat'.

I'm just wondering if the 'screen lift' issue is present on the newer boxes.
    06-27-17 12:15 AM
287 ... 45678 ...