Don't know what you problem is guys, but doesn't less glue make screen replacement much easier?
    The bad news is everyone's screen will pop out and need to be replaced, the good news is they will be easy to replace!

Bad logic, my friend.
    kbz1960, mister2d, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    06-23-17 02:09 AM
    It's simply becoming a joke now... One should "pray" every day that the screen won't pop out itself when he/she wakes up in the morning. Seriously, we are talking about a mid-range spec phone in 2017 which costs you $600...

I am using blackberry devices since 10 years, so angry fanboys, I am not your target.
    mister2d likes this.
    06-23-17 02:34 AM
    LOL

Why am I even posting my pics and experience. TCL said its gonna be taken care of. No more negative postings!

Its all good at Crackberry land!
    your photo indicated one side missing of glue (sealant or adhesive), to me, that indicated MFG flaw rather than design miss. For a screen that intended to centered, off side dispensing (missing one side) is not in the design book of symmetry... I am sure TCL is very much appreciate your detail images. Care to do FA job as side gig? may be consider as next career after you retirement...
    06-23-17 07:51 AM
    It's certainly isn't a good situation. I watch a video review this morning on YouTube showing another pop. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried now. I likely will return, before my return window on 7-2-17, to avoid getting stuck with a warranty issue. I'll let this settle down, and then re-purchase.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-23-17 09:11 AM
    It's certainly isn't a good situation. I watch a video review this morning on YouTube showing another pop. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried now. I likely will return, before my return window on 7-2-17, to avoid getting stuck with a warranty issue. I'll let this settle down, and then re-purchase.
    Have been on the fence to get the KEYone whenever it becomes available again at Bestbuy but with all of these issues I think I'll wait until TCL sorts it out.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 09:36 AM
    From what I see is definitely not good about the BlackBerry KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 11:17 AM
    From what I see is definitely not good about the BlackBerry KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    No kidding.

But what's important is how BlackBerry Mobile handles it. So far they say they will make it right by supporting customers with the issue and by looking at manufacturing changes if necessary.
    06-23-17 11:22 AM
    Sounds like they are necessary. Would be even better if they would ship the replacement with a return box instead of making people wait but at least they are replacing them.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-23-17 11:42 AM
    Are people going to the place of purchase such as car phone Warehouse or direct to blackberry mobile for a replacement?
    06-23-17 11:45 AM
    Are people going to the place of purchase such as car phone Warehouse or direct to blackberry mobile for a replacement?
    Update:
    I say this as my top right corner is starting to squeak and move in and out when pressed.
    06-23-17 11:47 AM
    Update:
    I say this as my top right corner is starting to squeak and move in and out when pressed.
    Ugh, tape it for some time. If it falls off, it will at least prevent the ribbon from tearing.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-23-17 11:59 AM
    Update:
    BlackBerry mobile wants you to contact them. People have done either. I would assume if you contact BlackBerry mobile that would be assured you will get one with the fix applied instead of another luck of the draw.
    06-23-17 12:05 PM
    Update:
    I am starting to get nervous when reading this thread, each page seems to bring a new screen lift.
    krazyatom and mbirth like this.
    06-23-17 04:57 PM
    I am starting to get nervous when reading this thread, each page seems to bring a new screen lift.
    Big things have small beginnings.
    06-23-17 05:11 PM
    Ok so let's say my screen lifts after a year and one day of purchase and I have no more warranty (I have to make this scenario to avoid people telling me not to fix it myself). How fragile is the ribbon cable? Can it be removed from the front to easily apply double sided tape? I really wish someone could make a video explaining how to fix it in case warranty is not a solution. If Blackberry really doesn't want you fixing it they should send you a replacement with a return box to send the defective unit. I do not have a spare phone to use and from what I hear they are not the speediest service.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-23-17 06:41 PM
    Ok so let's say my screen lifts after a year and one day of purchase and I have no more warranty (I have to make this scenario to avoid people telling me not to fix it myself). How fragile is the ribbon cable? Can it be removed from the front to easily apply double sided tape? I really wish someone could make a video explaining how to fix it in case warranty is not a solution. If Blackberry really doesn't want you fixing it they should send you a replacement with a return box to send the defective unit. I do not have a spare phone to use and from what I hear they are not the speediest service.
    Give it a hard twist at 11 months.
    06-23-17 06:57 PM
    Give it a hard twist at 11 months.
    Lol. Phone is built like tank. Try harder!
    06-23-17 06:58 PM
    Thanks for great pics and they say it all, bad manufacturing/QC. At this point it seems they are totally aware of issue but rather than do a full scale recall from dealers, they are letting buyers stumble upon the defect. There is either a defined production period where the glue application failed or it is a major failure of QC and the defect could extend through all build dates. Either way the buyer is now the reluctant final qc tester for TCL. I suggest everyone test their screens by ever so slightly tugging around all sides, if solid it shouldn't cause any lifting, if defective it's better to find out now while still under warranty!
    kbz1960 and giantrobo like this.
    06-23-17 07:33 PM
    Sounds like they are necessary. Would be even better if they would ship the replacement with a return box instead of making people wait but at least they are replacing them.
    I would agree. In some cases, the Keyone is their only phone. But nonetheless, having to ship a new phone off for xxx period (days/weeks) does not seem appropriate or fair.
    kbz1960 and anon(9188202) like this.
    06-23-17 08:52 PM
    Afraid to even put a glass protector on it. Should you decide to take it off, the screen may lift in doing so. I can't believe this is happening to so many people.
    06-23-17 09:00 PM
    Oh yeah. This was bought May 30th from Amazon. US GSM version.
    Please don't say that! I bought mine on this date to lol. I don't have no screen lifting but I've noticed my Menu Button 🔲 isn't working properly, after about 20 minutes of use it stops and I have to restart my phone to get it working again, I hope this isn't a start to something far worse. I'm calling BlackBerry tomorrow to file a claim just to see what I need to do, I'm hoping a update will fix it, but with my luck they'll fix the menu button and the next day my screen will fall off
    06-23-17 09:34 PM
    Great idea! I hope CBK makes a video how to repair a screen lift properly. That Will be very helpful. By repairing it yourself, does that automatically avoid your warranty?
    YES it does..
    06-23-17 09:37 PM
    I doubt it. My replacement was a sealed retail box, a brand new phone from Britain. Looks like the phone was manufactured on June 2nd, so there's a SMALL chance it's the fixed batch. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...51100b2ae3.jpg
    How can you tell the built date? What's mine. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ecm; 06-24-17 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Pic with IMEI deleted.
    06-23-17 09:57 PM
    I can certainly see how anyone would get frustrated with this issue.

I've got my KO in a soft case that covers only the back and sides. Similar to the clear Incipio case that is available.

I use my KO 18 hours a day. Constant emails and text. Most of which are work related. If my screen lifts then I'll send it back in for a replacement phone. I'll go back to my Samsung S8 Plus in the meantime.

While I agree it's absolutely absurd to have such a problem with a brand new phone for $600 USD at the end of the day it's still just a phone.

I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it happening or not happiness. Use caution and don't sit on your phone. Don't drop it if you help it. Live life and enjoy the phone. If it does break it's the end of the world. It's just a phone.
    hoytbowhunter, FF22 and flip68 like this.
    06-24-17 07:15 AM
    I can certainly see how anyone would get frustrated with this issue.

I've got my KO in a soft case that covers only the back and sides. Similar to the clear Incipio case that is available.

I use my KO 18 hours a day. Constant emails and text. Most of which are work related. If my screen lifts then I'll send it back in for a replacement phone. I'll go back to my Samsung S8 Plus in the meantime.

While I agree it's absolutely absurd to have such a problem with a brand new phone for $600 USD at the end of the day it's still just a phone.

I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it happening or not happiness. Use caution and don't sit on your phone. Don't drop it if you help it. Live life and enjoy the phone. If it does break it's the end of the world. It's just a phone.
    Says the guy with a spare S8 plus to use as a backup. I don't have that luxury. All I ask for is for blackberry to make the replacement procedure fast and easy, it's the least they could do. Take a credit card number and send you a replacement overnight as soon as you provide photos, then when you receive it you can send your defective unit.
    kbz1960, FF22 and herr_tan like this.
    06-24-17 01:25 PM
287 ... 34567 ...