Feels soft.

To be honest. Not trying to be funny. It feels like ShoeGoo. If you've ever used that. Kinda like those gummy tape holding test cologne cards onto magazine inserts. But a lot thinner.
    It does sound more like a water resistance compound then an actual glue/adhesive. But there's still been no definitive statement if it is glue or a tight friction/press fit or clips (mentioned above) are what keep the screen in place.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-22-17 03:21 PM
    Why, "please do not self repair your K1" ?
    I really dont understand.
    I mean, "stay tuned" is ok, but it would be useful if BBM
    starts to give some explanation...
    Are there some units with:
    wrong glue?
    no glue on screen's back?
    wrong frame dimensions?

I'd be upset if I try to fix it by myself, and then BBM chimes in saying "dont do it" without giving reasons...
    I am not expert, IMHO you need to worry about EMI shield. Send it back, let professional deal with it. !!!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 03:23 PM
    Will the Canadian unlocked K1's have this issue sorted out this month? Will there be a delay in the launch of unlocked K1's? If not, what day this month will we be able to order them? As you know, the locked CDN versions from the mobile phone companies are hard to secure as they don't have any in supply.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    Who knows at this point. BBM acknowledged there was a problem when they said they were looking into it, but they won't say much more and will let warranty handle it from this point on. Making another statement will only bring this to forefront again and I'm sure that's the last thing they want.
    06-22-17 03:23 PM
    I am not expert, IMHO you need to worry about EMI shield. Send it back, let professional deal with it. !!!

Posted via CB10
    Ok that makes sense (or maybe, instead, the reception will improve? joking).

Anyway, lack of information is disappointing.
    We need to know!
    Its not so difficult, from BBM side, to say:
    Its better to not fix your K1 by yourself because...

After all, if someone accepts the warranty voiding because he/she doesnt want to risk waiting for weeks,
    whats the problem?
    06-22-17 03:36 PM
    Ok that makes sense (or maybe, instead, the reception will improve? joking).

Anyway, lack of information is disappointing.
    We need to know!
    Its not so difficult, from BBM side, to say:
    Its better to not fix your K1 by yourself because...

After all, if someone accepts the warranty voiding because he/she doesnt want to risk waiting for weeks,
    whats the problem?
    Because if you start experiencing issues few months later. You will be sol.
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    06-22-17 03:51 PM
    I was planning on buying a KeyOne when it came out but will wait a few months until all the kinks get worked out and maybe after a patch.
    06-22-17 03:56 PM
    Because if you start experiencing issues few months later. You will be sol.
    Yes, but the fact is that, in this hypothesis, I know all of that, and I would take the risk.
    Because I dont think it will be likely to have in a year both the screen lifting issue and some other defects.

Just my opinion of course, like I think that an how-to on DIY reattaching the screen would be super-useful.

Or, instead, also an explanation on why its not feasible!
    06-22-17 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Professional? See, now you went too far...
    06-22-17 04:23 PM
    Come on man. Pretty much every manufacturer has issues at one time of another. You could have paid $1000 for a Samsung phone that bursts into flames, or an IPhone you could have easily bent in half.
    Yes, other OEM's have had issues, but that's no excuse or justification for what's going on here. Plain and simple: this shouldn't be happening.
    06-22-17 04:32 PM
    Looks like its just a matter of time before they all go - enjoy whilst it lasts.
    06-22-17 05:43 PM
    A couple weeks back I said on this forum if my screen lifted I would fix it myself. Today I did, well sort of...

I noticed yesterday that when I set the device face down on a flat surface the top didn't lay perfectly flat. As a person who frequently carries my phone in my back pocket, I remembered from my Passport days that sitting on it can torque the frame just a bit. SO, I decided to gently torque it back. I twisted the frame just a bit to realign it, and the lower right corner of the screen lifted. Oops, I really wasn't expecting that! At the same time I wasn't entirely surprised either. In a way I felt like a burden had finally been lifted (pun intended). Okay, now I could fix it, and never have to worry about it again was my thought. I put a small piece of tape over the corner, and waited until today to start fresh.

I've learned from these posts that my first inclination to use super glue was a bad idea. I decided to first go up the street from where I live to ask a local "phone doctor" his advice. He took a look at it and said he could fix it easily. He'd remove the screen; line the perimeter with this thin red double sided tape; reattach the screen, then apply some mild pressure and heat to cure it all in place. When I asked how much it would cost for him to do it, he said no charge! I couldn't believe it. I offered several times to pay him, but he said the repair would cost next to nothing to do, and he refused to take any money.

To make a long story longer, an hour or so later I had my KEYone back and it's even better than new! I know there will be people who pick this post apart, finding fault with me and with BBMo. I love this device too much to give it up, and it's others on this forum who are willing to roll up their sleeves, and take the good with the bad, that makes me proud to be a part of this BlackBerry community.
    Last edited by Matthew Davis7; 06-22-17 at 06:50 PM.
    06-22-17 06:36 PM
    Professional? See, now you went too far...
    professional - all based on who you compare to. for me, sure they are - know the detail of requirements, tolerance, mechanical strength of the material, interface between LCD/sealant/bezel characteristics, plus EMI... compare to me know nothing at all... As compare to you? I guess those chaps might be amateur... Have few tricks under your sleeve? come on, let's see it... ;-)
    06-22-17 06:37 PM
    professional - all based on who you compare to. for me, sure they are - know the detail of requirements, tolerance, mechanical strength of the material, interface between LCD/sealant/bezel characteristics, plus EMI... compare to me know nothing at all... As compare to you? I guess those chaps might be amateur... Have few tricks under your sleeve? come on, let's see it... ;-)
    Ehhhh... I was joking... don't be so sensitive...
    06-22-17 06:40 PM
    Please do not self repair your KEYone. Contact us for a replacement using our hotline services support Redirecting...

Please stay tuned for further updates...
    Say it again.
    Or resign your warranty rights.

Now, as a general answer for "why no superglue?" : superglue is rigid (bad) and non removable (super bad), not to mention solvents among other things.
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    06-22-17 06:42 PM
    Agreed--I think I would use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-I...UvbUpU12935840
    What? Not duct tape?
    06-22-17 06:44 PM
    Ehhhh... I was joking... don't be so sensitive...
    I know... I just pulling your legs... peace... ;-)
    06-22-17 06:47 PM
    A couple weeks back I said on this forum if my screen lifted I would fix it myself. Today I did, well sort of...

I noticed yesterday that when I set the device face down on a flat surface the top didn't lay perfectly flat. As a person who frequently carries my phone in my back pocket, I remembered from my Passport days that sitting on it can torque the frame just a bit. SO, I decided to gently torque it back. I twisted the frame just a bit to realign it, and the lower right corner of the screen lifted. Oops, I really wasn't expecting that! At the same time I wasn't entirely surprised either. In a way I felt like a burden had finally been lifted (pun intended). Okay, now I could fix it, and never have to worry about it again was my thought. I put a small piece of tape over the corner, and waited until today to start fresh.

I've learned from these posts that my first inclination to use super glue was a bad idea. I decided to first go up the street from where I live to ask a local "phone doctor" his advice. He took a look at it and said he could fix it easily. He'd remove the screen; line the perimeter with this thin red double sided tape; reattach the screen, then apply some mild pressure and heat to cure it all in place. When I asked how much it would cost for him to do it, he said no charge! I couldn't believe it. I offered several times to pay him, but he said the repair would cost next to nothing to do, and he refused to take any money.

To make a long story longer, an hour or so later I had my KEYone back and it's even better than new! I know there will be people who pick this post apart, finding fault with me and with BBMo. I love this device too much to give it up, and it's others on this forum who are willing to roll up their sleeves, and take the good with the bad, that makes me proud to be a part of this BlackBerry community.
    That's great he did it for nothing. Fingers crossed you don't get any other issue but I guess you knew that.
    06-22-17 06:51 PM
    Has anyone with the CDMA version had a problem with their screen lifting?
    06-22-17 07:10 PM
    What if they didn't glue the back because it was a fire hazard or something? If anyone is gluing it, better make sure you use some type of fire retardant glue. There must be a reason why it's not glued, same thing with Passport, it wasn't glued either, luckily it never came apart. It lifted for some people, but that was mainly because people kept it in their pocket and chassis warped causing lifting.
    06-22-17 08:03 PM
    I know... I just pulling your legs... peace... ;-)
    good! you never know what could you get in the forums these days hahaha...
    06-22-17 08:13 PM
    What if they didn't glue the back because it was a fire hazard or something? If anyone is gluing it, better make sure you use some type of fire retardant glue. There must be a reason why it's not glued, same thing with Passport, it wasn't glued either, luckily it never came apart. It lifted for some people, but that was mainly because people kept it in their pocket and chassis warped causing lifting.
    Actually, the adhesive is there, but it seems it is not being uniformly applied to some devices.

Should be an easy fix at manufacturing though. Worst case, an additional QC station.
    06-22-17 08:32 PM
    Trust me, that's not why I'm doing the repair.

I would hate to set up this phone again and would hate to wait another few months to get another one that I'm not even sure it's fixed.

I'm somewhat handy. LOL.
    Good attitude. It's too bad this is happening to some people and yourself. Would be disappointing, but patience is virtuous.

MacGyver.
    06-23-17 12:07 AM

You didn't want to make a warranty claim because that would hurt BlackBerry or TCL. So you intentionally tried to spend your own money to get someone else to fix it. Then you came here and announced your undying devotion to the phone and the company.

That's some Apple level fanboyism.

One thing I can assure you of: the affection is not mutual. If you ever decide to make a warranty claim, BBMo will tell you nope, you voided your warranty. They won't care how much you love them.

Sad!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-23-17 12:07 AM
    LOL

Why am I even posting my pics and experience. TCL said its gonna be taken care of. No more negative postings!

Its all good at Crackberry land!
    Your pictures and experience have been worth seeing and reading about,for what it's worth i hope you get everything sorted and enjoy your phone.
    06-23-17 12:22 AM
    Don't know what you problem is guys, but doesn't less glue make screen replacement much easier?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-23-17 01:54 AM
287 ... 23456 ...