Guess what? Mine is still fine, no problems so far, bought at end of April. Bring on the haters!
    That's the dumbest thing ever.

Why would I buy a $550 phone just to show the screen fail.

Obviously I like the phone so much that I'm willing to fix it myself. I don't even want to part with it for a month or so. So I'm a hater now?
    kbz1960, FF22 and TGR1 like this.
    06-22-17 12:47 PM
    Really strange if their is glue and clips to hold the screen in place, guess it is either a poor design or poor assembly on these phones. Hoping it is just poor assembly.
    There are no clips.
    06-22-17 12:49 PM
    Not all are haters, yes I agree some are. I myself couldn't feel confident that it wouldn't happen to me until I was sure I was getting one after they fix the problem at the factory.
    There's nothing at all wrong with your logic and it's nice to read a post that simply is putting down the Keyone/Blacberry/TCL. If or when mine develops a problem, screen or otherwise, I'll be taking it back to CFW for a new replacement. No hardship there. Cheers.
    06-22-17 12:49 PM
    That's the dumbest thing ever.

Why would I buy a $550 phone just to show the screen fail.

Obviously I like the phone so much that I'm willing to fix it myself. I don't even want to part with it for a month or so. So I'm a hater now?
    Err, no you're not a hater. I wasn't making a reference to your post, but the general undertone that a lot of people aim at any issue with the Keyone. I was stating that mine has been problem free so far. For me personally, I wouldn't have glued mine, I'd have taken it back for a new replacement. Cheers.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-17 12:54 PM
    Please do not self repair your KEYone. Contact us for a replacement using our hotline services support Redirecting...

Please stay tuned for further updates...
    06-22-17 01:01 PM
    its about time for you to step in...
    mister2d likes this.
    06-22-17 01:06 PM
    Please do not self repair your KEYone. Contact us for a replacement using our hotline services support Redirecting...

Yes. Listen to them.
    Superfly_FR and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-22-17 01:15 PM

Yes listen!
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Lifted. 6/22/2017. Pics of glue.-23529.jpg  
    FF22 and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-22-17 01:18 PM
    I finally received my replacement k1 (first one got red line across display) and the build quality seems perfect on this unit. However, reading all this I can't help the feeling that my screen will eventually lift, too.
    krazyatom and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-22-17 01:22 PM
    I finally received my replacement k1 (first one got red line across display) and the build quality seems perfect on this unit. However, reading all this I can't help the feeling that my screen will eventually lift, too.
    Maybe reach out to BlackBerry mobile and they can assure you that you got one that has the fix applied?
    06-22-17 01:38 PM
    Why is this an issue still? This was one the first devices per the purchase date and BlackBerry Mobile has said 2 weeks ago they are addressing the problem, so if an unfortunate customer receives one of these models, contact Blackberry Mobile and return it for a replacement as they've made clear.

Why start another thread when BBM has addressed it already, and offered their full support?
    kbz1960 and krazyatom like this.
    06-22-17 01:39 PM
    Maybe reach out to BlackBerry mobile and they can assure you that you got one that has the fix applied?
    I doubt it. My replacement was a sealed retail box, a brand new phone from Britain. Looks like the phone was manufactured on June 2nd, so there's a SMALL chance it's the fixed batch.
    kbz1960 and elfabio80 like this.
    06-22-17 01:44 PM
    Why is this an issue still? This was one the first devices per the purchase date and BlackBerry Mobile has said 2 weeks ago they are addressing the problem, so if an unfortunate customer receives one of these models, contact Blackberry Mobile and return it for a replacement as they've made clear.

Why start another thread when BBM has addressed it already, and offered their full support?
    Look at how BlackBerry Mobil quickly responded! Cranberry is also BlackBerry support forum now.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-17 01:44 PM
    In this particular situation I would definitely fix it myself! Easy fix for me; would use dental material that I use for buildups. It's a special composite resin which is light curable and also self curable. I would just apply it all around directly out of a syringe with thin applicator, press the screen in place and if any of the cement oozes out of the edge, just wipe it off without any surface etching...
    I get the fact that it should not happen but at least it would be easier to fix then to send back and wait for exchange...
    06-22-17 01:45 PM
    In this particular situation I would definitely fix it myself! Easy fix for me; would use dental material that I use for buildups. It's a special composite resin which is light curable and also self curable. I would just apply it all around directly out of a syringe with thin applicator, press the screen in place and if any of the cement oozes out of the edge, just wipe it off without any surface etching...
    I get the fact that it should not happen but at least it would be easier to fix then to send back and wait for exchange...
    Might become a bit of a tooth ache for u if you do that then have another problem down the line as the warranty would be void! After all these may just be teething problems ;-)
    kbz1960, TGR1, fankuan and 1 others like this.
    06-22-17 02:00 PM
    You can't base what may happen to your KEYone by what a few people have reported on here. That's a small sample size. Keep in mind, people who aren't having problems aren't posting as its nothing for them to post about. I would say just enjoy your phone!

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS and mbirth like this.
    06-22-17 02:06 PM
    my build date is 170423.
    06-22-17 02:10 PM
    Where's Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf when you need him?
    dodendorf likes this.
    Unlike old BlackBerry devices, keyone doesn't seems to have build number anywhere.
    The dates on the boxes were always PACKAGING dates anyway, not manufacturing dates.
    krazyatom and guizmox like this.
    Excellent pictures,but what total joke about the phone build,any phone by any maker should not have this kind of issue and not with the price tag this phone has.
    Come on man. Pretty much every manufacturer has issues at one time of another. You could have paid $1000 for a Samsung phone that bursts into flames, or an IPhone you could have easily bent in half.
    rx8er, kbz1960 and pinkvikchick like this.
    06-22-17 02:27 PM
    I'm planning on a repair myself too.
    Sounds like a great way to void your warranty.
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    06-22-17 02:33 PM

Why, "please do not self repair your K1" ?
    I really dont understand.
    I mean, "stay tuned" is ok, but it would be useful if BBM
    starts to give some explanation...
    Are there some units with:
    wrong glue?
    no glue on screen's back?
    wrong frame dimensions?

I'd be upset if I try to fix it by myself, and then BBM chimes in saying "dont do it" without giving reasons...
    06-22-17 03:05 PM

Will the Canadian unlocked K1's have this issue sorted out this month? Will there be a delay in the launch of unlocked K1's? If not, what day this month will we be able to order them? As you know, the locked CDN versions from the mobile phone companies are hard to secure as they don't have any in supply.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    06-22-17 03:17 PM
    Yes that is true and Samsung had no choice but to address the issue,and everyone including me laughed at the iPhone bend gate saga,but there's is still an issue with people's screens falling off and I'm not bad mouthing blackberry or trolling them I'm just making a comment that for the price people are paying for the phone,contract or buying outright it's not good enough.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-22-17 03:21 PM
    Why, "please do not self repair your K1" ?
    I really dont understand.
    I mean, "stay tuned" is ok, but it would be useful if BBM
    starts to give some explanation...
    Are there some units with:
    wrong glue?
    no glue on screen's back?
    wrong frame dimensions?

I'd be upset if I try to fix it by myself, and then BBM chimes in saying "dont do it" without giving reasons...
    Best reason. Void your warranty if anything else happens. But if you don't care, go for it.
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-22-17 03:21 PM
287 12345 ...