I'm pretty sure its been a successful launch.
    Thousands sold is a success? LULZ!
    08-11-17 12:20 AM
    (This reply also directed at John V.)

I think it's safe to assume that not all K1s are affected, simply based on the fact that not every single purchaser so far has experienced the issue.

While some experienced it resulting from mild actions, the same actions did not produce it for others (light drop, squeezing sides, etc.). This can only mean that it's not something that is absolutely going to reproduce in every unit. Further, you have no evidence to show that a manufacturing fault or deficiency occurred in 100% of the devices made so far.

As I understand, you also own a K1 for several weeks now. How is your screen holding up?
    Well, the way it has happened is that people are being affected at different times. E.g. some of it happened shortly after purchase while with others its a while after purchase. So people haven't had it happen to them YET.

150+ cases just in this forum says a lot, we are not even counting the many people from Social Media who have been endlessly tweeting about running into the issue.

150+ cases of an issue in an Apple or Samsung Forum on an issue that happens on phones that sell in the Millions would have landed up in a Petition and multiple law suits.

BB are lucky to have blind fans that are willing to endure poor treatment just to keep the brand safe.

There is now a thread here of a guy who's replacement K1's display has also lifted. Shocking state of affairs at TCL.
    08-11-17 12:32 AM
    Listen you are all entitled to your fantasy that the phone is inherently faulty, it doesn't affect my life at all. I respect your right to live and believe as you choose, however flawed I consider your world view to be. I do believe your views to be based on faulty readings of events and statements, but it isn't for me to change that.

It is a tremendous shame that a small number of people will be swayed by such negativity though and as a result will end up missing one of the best handsets to emerge from any manufacturer period.

Fortunately the majority of people are of a more rational, discerning nature and are not affected by what amounts to tabloid style sensationalism on a phone forum. I have to say it's pretty bizarre
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 08-11-17 at 03:43 AM.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-11-17 02:01 AM
    if it was a disastrous launch and horrible sales - they would not release a black version. simple as that.
    08-11-17 06:12 AM
    Thousands sold is a success? LULZ!
    thousands is anything between 2000 and 999 999
    08-11-17 06:12 AM
    if it was a disastrous launch and horrible sales - they would not release a black version. simple as that.
    Can't really argue with that..

I really do hope they succeed so we get to see more non slabs in the future
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-17 06:15 AM
    What about not using holsters anymore? I still use one specifically for my fake State Trooper tawk. "You know why I texted you ma'am?"
    But seriously, are those whom have the lift not using holsters?
    At the end of they day however, it seems to be a defect in any adhesive or lack thereof.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 06:24 AM
    Can't really argue with that..

I really do hope they succeed so we get to see more non slabs in the future
    I really hope to see a stunning keytwo .

I'm hooked on the pkb now
    08-11-17 06:42 AM
    Let's stick to the topic -- the screen lift issue. And, please do so without making personal comments about others.

The "off-topic" comments have been deleted.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-11-17 09:06 AM
    A parts supplier has listed the KEYone's replacement screen. Claims this is OEM, and I'm going to assume the area under the red protective film is adhesive.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...o-grade-s.html

I don't recall seeing lifting phones having adhesive in those areas.
    Uzi and FF22 like this.
    08-11-17 10:31 AM
    A parts supplier has listed the KEYone's replacement screen. Claims this is OEM, and I'm going to assume the area under the red protective film is adhesive.

I don't recall seeing lifting phones having adhesive in those areas.
    Or not.....

AND, it is sold out.

But good catch.
    08-11-17 12:44 PM
    They also have a replacement battery door without the logo for $43.21

08-11-17 12:46 PM
    No one is saying they aren't satisfied with the phone. I'm saying the launch was a cluster **** and there is not really any disputing that.

And many many people in here have said the "I dropped my phone today and nothing happened," only later to come in and say the screen fell out at a later date. You're screen is going to come out. Whether or not you want to come in here and admit it is up to you.
    True, I have dropped my device many times and nothing has happened because I had carefully checked it after each drop.

Then one day all of the sudden I saw my screen lifted up on the top right corner.
    Then the screen stayed like that that for almost two weeks before to detach completely at the right side.
    My assumption is that the glue used is of a poor quality that loses its performance by the time.
    08-11-17 05:36 PM
    How do I get my stuff off the phone now that the screen is unresponsive- I got the keyone the first week it was available - the screen fell out two weeks later - the screen still worked so the device could still be used - the cell phone provider replaced the unit because it was a manufacturing glitch - guess what -the screen fell out yesterday - the trouble is the screen will not respond to touch now- so you plug it in and it defaults to charge only mode - so you can not access it through a cable its not catastrophic but I would like some of the pics back - there are also some private things I would like to remove before I send it back
    08-14-17 10:46 AM
    How do I get my stuff off the phone now that the screen is unresponsive- I got the keyone the first week it was available - the screen fell out two weeks later - the screen still worked so the device could still be used - the cell phone provider replaced the unit because it was a manufacturing glitch - guess what -the screen fell out yesterday - the trouble is the screen will not respond to touch now- so you plug it in and it defaults to charge only mode - so you can not access it through a cable its not catastrophic but I would like some of the pics back - there are also some private things I would like to remove before I send it back
    You can use Google to wipe the phone remotely from your computer. As far as pics. I'm not sure. It's always a good idea to have it set to a cloud or SD card.
    08-14-17 10:49 AM
    You can use Google to wipe the phone remotely from your computer. As far as pics. I'm not sure. It's always a good idea to have it set to a cloud or SD card.
    How do I do that - my PC sees that it is attached but it won't communicate with the device because it is in charge only mode - is there some way that I can access it through google - remember - the screen is unresponsive
    08-14-17 10:52 AM
    Type Google find my phone in search engine. You can login to Google with your Gmail account linked to your phone. You'll see your keyone. There is an oipotion to wipe the phone. That's what I had to do when my screen ribbon broke.
    john_v likes this.
    08-14-17 10:54 AM
    Perhaps I don't understand. But if folks notice the screen coming loose or lifting on one corner or side, why take chances that it will hold together for a while longer. Either tape it or rubber band it and immediately try backing up any unique data/photos/etc to a computer.

I guess some folks are even preemptively taping the screen on without evidence of separation.
    08-14-17 09:37 PM
    I guess some folks are even preemptively taping the screen on without evidence of separation.
    That's what I'm doing lol so the tape can "catch" the screen if anything, got one strip of 5mm clear tape on top and one on bottom going across capacitive keys. My build date is 06/23/17 which is kind of a grey area where we re not sure if the additional adhesive measures were put in place yet Screen lift - super user diagnosis??-img_0283.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-17 12:26 AM
    That's what I'm doing lol so the tape can "catch" the screen if anything, got one strip of 5mm clear tape on top and one on bottom going across capacitive keys. My build date is 06/23/17 which is kind of a grey area where we re not sure if the additional adhesive measures were put in place yet Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0283.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	428640
    I gather that the tape does not interfere with the capacitive keys. Looks neat.

I would also want to be able to tell if the screen were trying to separate and not mask it totally.
    08-15-17 08:44 AM
    I gather that the tape does not interfere with the capacitive keys. Looks neat.

I would also want to be able to tell if the screen were trying to separate and not mask it totally.
    No interference with capacitive keys, works great but still, it doesn't look as clean as without the tape

And right but how to do so while still securing it enough to protect ribbon in the event of separation ?
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-17 10:58 AM
    KEYone boxed up to go to the BBMo Repair center in Texas. We'll see how long the turnaround is. They offered the advance replacement but I didn't want to mess with giving them a credit card...that always scares me that I'm going to be on the hook for a $550 device if something happens. I'm not in a rush, I can wait for them to repair it and send it back. Personally I'm thinking that might have a better assurance of the lift not happening again (ie not wondering "did I get one from before the 'fix'")
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-17 11:05 AM
    Are you sure about that?
    10-06-17 07:58 PM
48 12