Could one of the reasons for screen lift on KEYone phones be in car dashboard holders?
    I know I used one a lot just before my first KEYone succumbed to screen lift. Could the pressure which is applied on either side of the phone when the dashboard holder grips/squeezes the phone in place be the reason the screen is forced out of position? It's a major design flaw if so.
    I am scared to use a holder again as I have just had the phone replaced after waiting almost 6 weeks for Carphone Warehouse in Selfridges, London to determine I was entitled to one. Forced to use my IPhone provided by work and nearly gave up on Blackberry.
    Give us some answers TCL/Blackberry
    08-08-17 01:48 PM
    I wouldn't over think it.

Simply a manufacturing fault that affected a handful of phones.
    mister2d likes this.
    08-08-17 02:15 PM

This !
    Mercuryuser likes this.
    08-08-17 03:10 PM
    My screen lifted and I never used a car dash holder. There was zero adhesive on my first unit. That was the reason.
    08-09-17 01:17 PM

Agreed!!! The adhesive tape that was used was faulty! Don't over think it!
    08-09-17 03:02 PM

Must be some large hands to hold the 150+ reported issues here alone.
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-09-17 03:51 PM
    mine was only two day old and while it was charging it came off.
    08-09-17 04:06 PM
    Must be some large hands to hold the 150+ reported issues here alone.
    LULZ 150 out of thousands sold
    08-10-17 03:40 PM
    LULZ 150 out of thousands sold
    LULZ 150 reported here out of (LULZ) thousands sold.
    08-10-17 03:45 PM
    LULZ 150 reported here out of (LULZ) thousands sold.
    I'm pretty sure its been a successful launch.
    08-10-17 03:55 PM
    It really hasn't been.

There is a huge manufacturing and design issue with these things.
    jsn_c and Barbareren like this.
    08-10-17 03:58 PM
    It really hasn't been.

There is a huge manufacturing and design issue with these things.
    I'm aware there's been a manufacturing issue with what is likely a small number of handsets.

I'm not aware of any design issues though. Could you enlighten me?
    08-10-17 04:07 PM
    08-10-17 04:09 PM
    Its been a disastrous launch. If you want to even call it a launch. Thousands sold is a disaster in and of itself, but the massive amount of issues this phone has make this launch a complete fail.
    08-10-17 05:31 PM
    Its been a disastrous launch. If you want to even call it a launch. Thousands sold is a disaster in and of itself, but the massive amount of issues this phone has make this launch a complete fail.

It's pretty clear they sell as fast as they can make them so I'd say it been a success.

As iv said many times before. I and many other people are incredibly satisfied with our phones.

As an aside I dropped my phone today and it was a nasty drop onto a wood floor. I'm typing this post on my intact keyone.
    08-10-17 06:01 PM
    It's pretty clear they sell as fast as they can make them so I'd say it been a success.

As iv said many times before. I and many other people are incredibly satisfied with our phones.

As an aside I dropped my phone today and it was a nasty drop onto a wood floor. I'm typing this post on my intact keyone.
    When you apparently make 4 a week...
    08-10-17 06:07 PM
    When you apparently make 4 a week...
    LULZ
    08-10-17 06:14 PM

No one is saying they aren't satisfied with the phone. I'm saying the launch was a cluster **** and there is not really any disputing that.

And many many people in here have said the "I dropped my phone today and nothing happened," only later to come in and say the screen fell out at a later date. You're screen is going to come out. Whether or not you want to come in here and admit it is up to you.
    08-10-17 06:16 PM
    No one is saying they aren't satisfied with the phone. I'm saying the launch was a cluster **** and there is not really any disputing that.

And many many people in here have said the "I dropped my phone today and nothing happened," only later to come in and say the screen fell out at a later date. You're screen is going to come out. Whether or not you want to come in here and admit it is up to you.
    I have no reason to believe my screen is going to fall out.

When will people realise that manufacturing defects occur on nearly all devices, from hoovers to kettles to iphones.

Kind of hoping it does fall out though. Could be a route to blagging a black edition keyone
    08-10-17 06:22 PM
    I have no reason to believe my screen is going to fall out.

When will people realise that manufacturing defects occur on nearly all devices, from hoovers to kettles to iphones.

Kind of hoping it does fall out though. Could be a route to blagging a black edition keyone
    You have a reason to believe your screen will fall out because TCL acknowledged the issue and said they would add more adhesive.

Yes, manufacturing defects occur, and you own a phone that has one so out your screen will eventually come.
    08-10-17 06:23 PM
    You have a reason to believe your screen will fall out because TCL acknowledged the issue and said they would add more adhesive.

Yes, manufacturing defects occur, and you own a phone that has one so out your screen will eventually come.
    Well i suppose the sky might fall on my head so i shouldn't leave the house. Or perhaps i will sail off the edge of the earth when out on my boat.

I dont allow irrational fears to rule me. In the case of this phone i will use it until it breaks. If it breaks within my two year warranty period then i will contact bb to get a new one. Seems pretty reasonable to me

Now Lets see what TCL said.

"Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue."

A small handful of people that some crackberry users want to turn into an inherent design flaw that affects all phones. Sorry but that is a totally incorrect reading of the statement issued.

They go on to say

"Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement."

That is not an acknowledgement of a widespread problem that affects all devices. They have taken on board the issues a small handful of people have faced and are investigating to see if further measures are necessary. It may be that they arent necessary. Alternatively a little extra glue might be used as a belts and braces type approach to things.

Personally I see all this as a company that is in touch with and listens to its customers.

The final part of the statement is a soothing voice of reason to utilise the warranty if you are one of the unfortunate few to be affected by screen fall-out.

Really for any rational person the bogus hysteria is a case of nothing to see, move on!!
    terminatorx and gavinl1967 like this.
    08-10-17 06:37 PM
    (This reply also directed at John V.)

I think it's safe to assume that not all K1s are affected, simply based on the fact that not every single purchaser so far has experienced the issue.

While some experienced it resulting from mild actions, the same actions did not produce it for others (light drop, squeezing sides, etc.). This can only mean that it's not something that is absolutely going to reproduce in every unit. Further, you have no evidence to show that a manufacturing fault or deficiency occurred in 100% of the devices made so far.

As I understand, you also own a K1 for several weeks now. How is your screen holding up?
    08-10-17 06:48 PM
    Well i suppose the sky might fall on my head so i shouldn't leave the house. Or perhaps i will sail off the edge of the earth when out on my boat.

I dont allow irrational fears to rule me. In the case of this phone i will use it until it breaks. If it breaks within my two year warranty period then i will contact bb to get a new one. Seems pretty reasonable to me

Now Lets see what TCL said.

"Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue."

A small handful of people that some crackberry users want to turn into an inherent design flaw that affects all phones. Sorry but that is a totally incorrect reading of the statement issued.

They go on to say

"Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement."

That is not an acknowledgement of a widespread problem that affects all devices. They have taken on board the issues a small handful of people have faced and are investigating to see if further measures are necessary. It may be that they arent necessary. Alternatively a little extra glue might be used as a belts and braces type approach to things.

Personally I see all this as a company that is in touch with and listens to its customers.

The final part of the statement is a soothing voice of reason to utilise the warranty if you are one of the unfortunate few to be affected by screen fall-out.

Really for any rational person the bogus hysteria is a case of nothing to see, move on!!
    Yeah, that was TCL's first statement when the issue popped up. Here is their second:

In a further effort to ensure all our BlackBerry Mobile customers and fans have an outstanding experience, we’re implementing additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display. These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories – and will continue to come in stock throughout the summer.

Meaning that the manufacturing issue is present on all first run devices which is why the screens are falling out at an incredible rate. And it's why yours will fall out too.
    08-10-17 07:12 PM
    Yeah, that was TCL's first statement when the issue popped up. Here is their second:

In a further effort to ensure all our BlackBerry Mobile customers and fans have an outstanding experience, we’re implementing additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display. These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories – and will continue to come in stock throughout the summer.

Meaning that the manufacturing issue is present on all first run devices which is why the screens are falling out at an incredible rate. And it's why yours will fall out too.
    Still no acknowledgement of a widespread problem, much less the inherent design flaw you so wish for. Belts and braces is all, and nothing wrong with that approach if only to help bb users of a more nervous disposition to sleep more comfortably.

if there was a defect affecting all devices then there would be grounds to demand a replacement, but that simply isn't the case.
    08-10-17 07:22 PM
    Faulty design, that's all
    08-10-17 10:15 PM
48 12