12-20-18 07:56 AM
66 123
tools
    I was the first person to recieve the phone from Carphone Warehouse, as it was preordered weeks in advance. Several weeks ago I had noticed the corner of my new Blackberry Keyone's screen popping out. I emailed Blackberry support and they were very quick to respond asking for the IMEI and Pictures of the device. After popping the screen back in and not wanting to be an inconvenience I emailed the support team that the screen issue was no longer apparent. However, they rightfully responded with emails every two or three days to check on the progress of the phone. Several days ago the screen completely fell out, the screen still working at first, then after an hour or so going completely blank. I then quickly emailed back blackberry support with pictures of the issue and said the probleam had progressed, worsening with time. Further to this, I gave them a call they said that i will recieve two emails an automatic one after the call and one the day after about how i should package the device and send it to the repair centre they had in UK.

Yesterday I sent the device to the repair centre with the plug, cable and proof of purchase and today I called Blackberry support. The man on the phone said the process will take up to 5 working days, however this is not a gurantee as a result of transit delay. Further to this, he stated that I will DEFINITELY receive a new device because it is a screen lifting issue.

Now, many people have put down Blackberry support here in the UK but in my experience they have been very responsive, quick and kind. However, I will not be praising them too much until i have recieved my 'Definitely' new Keyone as the overwhelming response to their support has made me concerned, weary and conscience of them.

Therefore, I will update this post in 5 working days to help the people in the UK and maybe globally to get an insight into the processes of Blackberry Support on the Keyone Screen Lifting issue. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by DBBK1; 08-10-17 at 07:53 AM.
    anon(870071), Ingear, BLu and 1 others like this.
    08-10-17 06:36 AM
    Hopefully you will get your new phone. I am thinking of getting the KeyOne and must admit I was worried about support here in the UK. I look forward to seeing how it turns out for you!
    08-10-17 06:52 AM
    Thanks very much for this. I too have held off on purchasing a new unit thus far due to concerns over the replacement process. All of this aside, retail support channels over here do seem fairly clued up about stocking the amended model, which is reassuring.
    08-10-17 08:26 AM
    Good for you mate.
    I hope that they will do exactly as said, and that would indicate improvement of Blackberry Mobile customer service and return/exchange process in the UK.
    And hope that it will extend to units shipped from UK to other countries.( My only option to get a K1 now is buying from Selfridges or Clove and have them ship it to my place. So I've been waiting for this kind of news)
    Keep us updated.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-17 08:59 AM
    I'm puzzled why you didn't take it back to carphonewarehouse as your retail rights are more protected doing that than dealing directly with the manufacturer.

I just don't get why people email blackberry support when you can take it back to the shop?
    The Chosen likes this.
    08-10-17 09:01 AM
    I was the first person to recieve the phone from Carphone Warehouse, as it was preordered weeks in advance. Several weeks ago I had noticed the corner of my new Blackberry Keyone's screen popping out. I emailed Blackberry support and they were very quick to respond asking for the IMEI and Pictures of the device. After popping the screen back in and not wanting to be an inconvenience I emailed the support team that the screen issue was no longer apparent. However, they rightfully responded with emails every two or three days to check on the progress of the phone. Several days ago the screen completely fell out, the screen still working at first, then after an hour or so going completely blank. I then quickly emailed back blackberry support with pictures of the issue and said the probleam had progressed, worsening with time. Further to this, I gave them a call they said that i will recieve two emails an automatic one after the call and one the day after about how i should package the device and send it to the repair centre they had in UK.

Yesterday I sent the device to the repair centre with the plug, cable and proof of purchase and today I called Blackberry support. The man on the phone said the process will take up to 5 working days, however this is not a gurantee as a result of transit delay. Further to this, he stated that I will DEFINITELY receive a new device because it is a screen lifting issue.

Now, many people have put down Blackberry support here in the UK but in my experience they have been very responsive, quick and kind. However, I will not be praising them too much until i have recieved my 'Definitely' new Keyone as the overwhelming response to their support has made me concerned, weary and conscience of them.

Therefore, I will update this post in 5 working days to help the people in the UK and maybe globally to get an insight into the processes of Blackberry Support on the Keyone Screen Lifting issue. Stay tuned!
    I was not required to send back anything other than the device! Are you sure you had to send everything back!? I'm in Canada and called support to get an advanced exchange! It was not necessary to send included items as only the phone was replaced!
    08-10-17 09:19 AM
    Well several reasons. Firstly, it wasn't Carphone Warehouses fault, it was a manafacturing fault by Blackberry. Secondly, I opted out of the insurance. Thirdly, the phone is several months old now and I don't like dealing with retail small prints & terms and conditions. Therefore, my best option was to contact Blackberry support as they were aware of the problem plus they could add me to their statistics of faulty devices. @steveCheshire
    08-10-17 10:48 AM
    I was not required to send back anything other than the device! Are you sure you had to send everything back!? I'm in Canada and called support to get an advanced exchange! It was not necessary to send included items as only the phone was replaced!
    Not too sure about Canada. However, in the UK yes i was asked to send the phone, the plug, the usb cable and a proof of purchase. Prior to that, I was asked to email photographs and IMEI of device. I wish it was that simple here.
    08-10-17 10:51 AM
    I sent my device off to BlackBerry Mobile a couple of weeks ago, after CPW staff being outright rude about the whole issue.

I sent the phone on 21st July. The they received it on 24th. By 26th the tracker updated saying awaiting components. And I got the update on 31st that my phone has been repaired and is on its way back.

Received on 1st August (Last Tuesday) and it turned out to be a replacement. Don't know if it's, new or a refurb. I sent my box with components. My original box came back (In a much worse condition than I sent it - they cellotaped it for some reason and tore it off) but phone was different.

I'd say overall I was impressed with BlackBerry Mobile's service and one of their representatives emailed to ask if it went smoothly.
    08-10-17 11:01 AM
    I think it's great if they just replace it with a brand new one, shame cpw has such poor staff. it wasn't like that when I took my curve back - although that was cheshire oaks and years ago.
    08-10-17 11:07 AM
    I sent my device off to BlackBerry Mobile a couple of weeks ago, after CPW staff being outright rude about the whole issue.

I sent the phone on 21st July. The they received it on 24th. By 26th the tracker updated saying awaiting components. And I got the update on 31st that my phone has been repaired and is on its way back.

Received on 1st August (Last Tuesday) and it turned out to be a replacement. Don't know if it's, new or a refurb. I sent my box with components. My original box came back (In a much worse condition than I sent it - they cellotaped it for some reason and tore it off) but phone was different.

I'd say overall I was impressed with BlackBerry Mobile's service and one of their representatives emailed to ask if it went smoothly.
    Check the IMEI number if it is different, then you have recieved a new phone.
    08-10-17 12:58 PM
    So, it has been 5 working days and I would like to inform you guys of what has occured so far. As a result of sending my Keyone using the freepost provided the phone only arrived at SBE LTD (the repair company), on the 3rd working day. After they had looked at the mobile on the 4th working day they discovered yes the screen has infact fell out and on the 5th working day, today they have stated that the 'component', which is what im hoping will be the brand new Keyone, will arrive with them 2/3 days later. Therefore, I should receive my mobile early next week meaning that it infact doesn't take 5 working days, it instead takes a minimum of 8-9 working days for the replacement process to be complete. Please stay tuned for more updates on this process.
    08-16-17 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the update. I hope to hear it's a brand new replacement!
    08-16-17 04:04 PM
    SBE.... Good luck with that. Not a positive post from me I'm afraid, but hope it ends in your favour.
    08-16-17 06:05 PM

How did you get on with your UK replacement?
    08-20-17 02:47 AM
    I bet you'll get a refurb handset. Had an issue with my Passport, BlackBerry told me first I'll get a new handset.To my question if it'll be a brand new, never used handset I was told Yes, it'll be "build to new" handset, which hasn't been used and was newer registered to anyone. Was in touch with SBE LTD it came from and they told me over the phone that they DONT have a brand new replacements and phones are refurbished. Paperwork from SBE Ltd stated that the phone was previously repaired. When I digged deeper and provided them with all sort of numbers found on the paperwork to find out more about the repair/history of the phone their system didn't come with anything. As If the phone didn't exist. From my point if you replace even 90% of the phone it'll never be a NEW phone.
    08-20-17 07:46 AM
    So, it has been 5 working days and I would like to inform you guys of what has occured so far. As a result of sending my Keyone using the freepost provided the phone only arrived at SBE LTD (the repair company), on the 3rd working day. After they had looked at the mobile on the 4th working day they discovered yes the screen has infact fell out and on the 5th working day, today they have stated that the 'component', which is what im hoping will be the brand new Keyone, will arrive with them 2/3 days later. Therefore, I should receive my mobile early next week meaning that it infact doesn't take 5 working days, it instead takes a minimum of 8-9 working days for the replacement process to be complete. Please stay tuned for more updates on this process.
    When they say components that means it's going to be a repair job I think. I had mine replaced and it said in the update section of sbe 'exchange'. How did you get on with it?
    08-20-17 10:23 AM
    Quick update: Hello guys so it's Monday the 21st of August. Last Friday I contacted SBE LTD (repair company) to see what is taking so long, they stated that it was a repair and they are awaiting a new screen, when I suggested that it's a replacement they became agitated and insisted that blackberry has not informed them of this. So I contacted blackberry and they insisted they have and they will escalate the issue further with SBE LTD. Now it's Monday and I decided to contact SBE LTD who still insist they have had no contact with blackberry and it's still a repair which they are still awaiting a new screen. One more call to blackberry who in turn insist they have contacted SBE LTD and are awaiting contact from them. Please stay tuned for further updates ;-) .
    08-21-17 11:01 AM
    any update on this?
    08-22-17 02:49 AM
    Yes, so I spoke with a manager at blackberry support who said they will continue to contact SBE LTD, I spoke with a manager SBE LTD who said they have received nothing and will continue to wait for it. So my Keyone is currently in limbo between two companies who say it's 'against our policy to call' the other company. Thus, emailing it is and some how these emails are being destroyed by the internet. Now as we reach the two-week stage, stay tuned to see the fate of my Keyone.
    08-22-17 08:39 AM
    you should have read the entire MEGATHREAD about this issue - before sending it to SBE!
    - you should have take it to CPW.
    Did the same mistake at the end of June and they repaired my old and send it back with damage to the keyboard. After numerous headaches I now have a replacement keyone from SBE with a dead (unrepairable) pixel and not happy with the right side of the screen (glue wise) as it has a gap compared to the left. I have another case opened with BlackBerry and again I was promised another replacement (1 week ago) but only info that I got is an email from SBE asking that I ship mine to them - no way unless I get a replacement 1st.
    BlackBerry doesn't respond anymore (phone/email/twatter) as I asked for the replacement 1st then I will send mine to the repair centre.

sorry to read about yours and trust me, I feel the pain
    08-22-17 09:57 AM
    Wowo sounds like the classic runaround gong show!!!
    08-22-17 11:23 AM
    I was a bit annoyed when Carphone said that it would take 2 weeks to sort my K1 out, as others reported quicker turn around, but after reading this I'm glad I did. Got a fresh, fully sealed K1 from Carphone with paperwork saying that original couldn't be fixed. I would really push for a brand new phone @DBBK1 - I'll be glad to send copies if all the paperwork I got with my new mine to help your case!
    08-23-17 01:35 PM
    Well I feel completely helpless, what can complaints get me. And I started off soo enthusiastic not to judge the companies.
    08-23-17 01:47 PM
    Globally, Europe seems to have the worst warranty channel!!!!!TCL/BBMobile needs to fix this or face losing tons of customers in this region which is huge!!!!!
    08-23-17 02:32 PM
66 123