Join the club.
    What is more annoying is other customers in USA etc are getting replacements!
    Does Chen have a facebook or twitter thing we can both message him and tell him our issues? And why we are being denied?
    Lol rang BlackBerry support in UK 5 times, rings out to USA and spoke to the same person everytime!
    Was hoping some one new would pick up.
    Where did you buy the phone from?

Posted via CB10
    Chen and Blackberry have nothing to do with this product. If you have any issues you need to contact TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).
    07-10-17 05:16 PM
    Exactly same thing with me mate.
    Not sure where these reports are coming from that state we get replacements. I rang BlackBerry up again today as not sent the phone off as of yet and she said 100% replacement phones are not given. This is the case as unfortunately SBE UK will repair them. It's not a BlackBerry own repair center so they won't be sending anything new out
    Come on Chen back you're people up!
    Lol my SD card encrypted to this keyone can't even use the thing.

Posted via CB10
    Not good is it, thanks for mentioning your sittuation as it appears a lot of us in the UK are in the same boat. It would be interesting to know why Blackberry are even using what appears to be, if reviews are to be believed, a 'not err,, very good company'. Maybe it's the old saying. "You only get what you pay for."

I've took some harsh remarks on here defending the KEYone, seemingly for Blackberry not to give a four X.
    07-10-17 05:18 PM
    Chen and Blackberry have nothing to do with this product. If you have any issues you need to contact TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).
    Lol. Says BlackBerry on the phone. Don't care about TCL.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 05:25 PM
    Not good is it, thanks for mentioning your sittuation as it appears a lot of us in the UK are in the same boat. It would be interesting to know why Blackberry are even using what appears to be, if reviews are to be believed, a 'not err,, very good company'. Maybe it's the old saying. "You only get what you pay for."

I've took some harsh remarks on here defending the KEYone, seemingly for Blackberry not to give a four X.
    I love my keyone. I want it back. Best phone I ever had. Shame I had this issue. I paid a lot of money for this phone and since it's a BlackBerry issue from the start they should send new phones out to us and the funky case the reviewers got for all the inconvenience.
    I had just about got the keyone sorted and everything loaded email/apps etc.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 05:28 PM
    Excellent question! I'd like to know too.

Also, I would assume when the unlocked units arrive in Canada, they'll be the fixed ones.
    I've gone through three units so far and I've been comparing the serial numbers within settings. My first one and my current (third) one both have s/n starting 116376xxxx so I assume they're pretty much same batch. The 2nd unit I got had a significantly higher number, but that one had a loose/wobbly space bar so I just re-boxed it for return immediately.

All of mine have been 001 models from Amazon. And none have had any production dates on the box or sticky labels. I also don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to serial numbers with phones that have multiple versions. Likewise with IMEI numbers since those were all very different.

This is the device I've wanted for years and I really look forward to the screen and camera glass issues getting ironed out.
    07-10-17 05:29 PM
    Best business decision they have made in years. Still says Blackberry though, I would agree hand wiping if it had Blackberry Mobile all over the box and device. Not being facetious, but if someone were to sue them...would it be TCL or Blackberry itself. That would answer that question.
    07-10-17 05:49 PM
    Best business decision they have made in years. Still says Blackberry though, I would agree hand wiping if it had Blackberry Mobile all over the box and device. Not being facetious, but if someone were to sue them...would it be TCL or Blackberry itself. That would answer that question.
    TCL is the licenced holder of the brand name. There are solely responsible.
    07-10-17 06:00 PM
    Hardware is bbmobile, software BlackBerry.
    07-10-17 06:02 PM
    Not quite. BlackBerry is a software vendor to TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) and is only responsible to them.

BlackBerry Mobile is responsible to the end customer for both hardware and software.
    07-10-17 06:05 PM
    Join the club.
    What is more annoying is other customers in USA etc are getting replacements!
    Does Chen have a facebook or twitter thing we can both message him and tell him our issues? And why we are being denied?
    Lol rang BlackBerry support in UK 5 times, rings out to USA and spoke to the same person everytime!
    Was hoping some one new would pick up.
    Where did you buy the phone from?

Posted via CB10
    Chen is Blackberry. The KeyOne is from a different company. TCL or BBMobile. Chen's BB company provides the software and OS stuff but the physical phone and warranty are NOT Chen's issue.
    07-10-17 06:08 PM
    Not quite. BlackBerry is a software vendor to TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) and is only responsible to them.

BlackBerry Mobile is responsible to the end customer for both hardware and software.
    Thanks, I hadn't quite understood the distinction 😀
    07-10-17 06:15 PM
    Chen is Blackberry. The KeyOne is from a different company. TCL or BBMobile. Chen's BB company provides the software and OS stuff but the physical phone and warranty are NOT Chen's issue.
    Lol think they done this on purpose so no one really knows.
    All I know it says BlackBerry on the phone and box.
    Hence why i asked about Chen.
    If it said BlackBerry made by TCL that's a diff story. I'm looking now and it's branded BlackBerry everywhere.
    Oh well. I'll bug them both instead.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 06:25 PM

Loll yea you sure did. I remembered you'd always chime in whenever there a poster who posted they had their screens fall out or someone questioning whether to wait or buy now and you'd always be like "had mine for 2 months, dropped it, screen still perfect are you calling me a liar?" haha

All good though - like everyone says, it ain't a problem until it happens to you.

Now the thing that confuses me, is why is it that difficult for you to get a replacement via their warranty announcement? Can't you contact bbmobile directly about it

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 06:25 PM
    Ah, I think there mentally on the way out of the mobile software business too. Aside of the hub its a so so Android OS. I felt the LG G6's phone app and other UI features are better; for example. I needed to download multiple apps that replace mediocre stock features to improve usability.
    07-10-17 07:59 PM
    You stand by what - they don't need to do a recall? TCL is standing by that too.
    They had few choices in light of the first announcement.
    1) Say nothing, and hope by tightening QC the screen issue fades away. Pretty impossible, because of their initial statement.
    2) Have a massive recall and forget ever profiting, while also convincing everyone it is a massive problem. This may seem like the best course of action to a fan, but would be utter failure imo, and pointless given the likely failure rate.
    3) State that they did tighten QC, the majority of phones will never have an issue, and no changes to actual production have been implemented. Y'all would never accept that as the final answer.
    4) Make the announcement they did, which does the best job restoring confidence in the product. I'd like to have seen them add another year to the manufacturer warranty for screen popping, so long as the drop damage isn't beyond reasonable expectations. Maybe we'll see this from them in the future.

Sorry don't get offended BUT, you take CBK's video of THREE K1's as evidence that most phones are solid?
    I wish they'd release the real numbers, as I'm sure everyone would. Probably not going to happen. All we can do is guestimate the situation. I personally know dozens who own a KEYᵒⁿᵉ, none of whom have had a screen failure yet. That, along with Kevin's video abusing the heck out of them, yes, I believe is strong evidence that most phones are solid. You can choose to see it otherwise.

the Storm 1 either and that had a 99% return rate
    Citation please...
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-10-17 08:21 PM
    It's because there are people who still say there is no problem to address in the first place, just a "few" unlucky people with loose screens that's within the "acceptable range" of failure.

Good on TCL in my opinion because if they took the view of some members, everyone would be SOL - obviously since TCL knows the true internal numbers and presumably knows the true return rates and also did an internal review of the returns, they know more than said members and responded accordingly. So good for TCL.

Posted via CB10
    The negative posts have nothing to do with Keyone users not having a problem with their devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 08:25 PM
    So... BlackBerry Mobile announces the long awaited response *and* fix *and* reiterated their ongoing support for warranty claims and downtrodden CrackerBerry members respond with yet more negativity. Nice.
    Wonder what they whine about moving forward?

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    07-10-17 08:27 PM
    Now the thing that confuses me, is why is it that difficult for you to get a replacement via their warranty announcement? Can't you contact bbmobile directly about it
    I'm totally with you and those having replacement issues. That needs rectified immediately!
    07-10-17 08:30 PM
    I'm totally with you and those having replacement issues. That needs rectified immediately!
    Yeh and how, but there's not much info on this at all. Spoke to my point of sale, who had no idea at all. And BlackBerry who said it's just going to get repaired.
    Who do I speak to?
    Anybody got a link or something?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 08:38 PM
    Yeh and how, but there's not much info on this at all. Spoke to my point of sale, who had no idea at all. And BlackBerry who said it's just going to get repaired.
    Who do I speak to?

Posted via CB10
    www.blackberrymobile.com
    07-10-17 08:42 PM
    Who do I speak to?

Posted via CB10
    @BlackBerry Mobile, please look into this issue.
    07-10-17 08:43 PM

Kevin, personally, I really enjoy your reviews, but I take that into account that some bias may creep in when reading your reviews of these products. Damn, I'm so cynical!
    Crackberry is openly on the payroll of TCL - it's not being cynical, it's just basic common sense.

Lol think they done this on purpose so no one really knows.
    All I know it says BlackBerry on the phone and box.
    Hence why i asked about Chen.
    If it said BlackBerry made by TCL that's a diff story. I'm looking now and it's branded BlackBerry everywhere.
    Oh well. I'll bug them both instead.

Posted via CB10

As it's been pointed out to you, it's not worth bugging Blackberry they no longer deal with consumers.

Your own relationship is with TCL (trading as Blackberry Mobile). The reason that its confusing is to an extent it's meant to be - TCL pays for the license because they hope people will buy phones with the name Blackberry on them.
    Last edited by cgk; 07-11-17 at 03:36 AM.
    07-11-17 03:09 AM
    If I bought a K1 from Amazon UK and had a problem, would I get a replacement or would I have to send it back to be repaired? Or worse still from CPW if they get any news one in ever again ....

I live in Spain where they haven't started selling the K1 yet.
    07-11-17 03:36 AM
    My phone is with the repair company - Its a UK phone but I am currently working in Germany so the phone been sent to Protel in Germany.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...g=dbrw&newdg=1

If I get this phone back I will complain as I want a new phone with the improvements not the original faulty batch.
    07-11-17 04:45 AM
    I just had an idea if your screen doesn't work. Use two USB-C to USB3.0 OTG plugs, one on the original KeyOne and another on a new KeyOne (go buy one from the store and then return it). Plug in two Logitec Unifying receiver (previously synched to the same mouse/keyboard). Put the two phones side-by-side and now you should be able to use the second KeyOne as surrogate to navigate through the menu items of your original KeyOne (the one without the screen).

Use this technique to access the display mirroring function (if you have a miracast-enabled TV) or maybe to turn on the USB DATA mode by default (if possible) to help recover whatever data you need from the phone.

I'm planning on trying this out this week and will report back. I'll also try to turn off encryption on the microSD card among other things.

Stay tuned.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-11-17 09:56 AM
124 ... 2345