They didn't - they suggested that there was no manufacturing problem to begin with and that any screens falling out was just what you are implying as well - it's a problem with some phones, like any other device - you and others, cbk included, implied it is just a normal rate of failure. Well maybe blaze didn't but cbk sure did with his durability video, which at this juncture is irrelevant but I understand it needed to be done at the time loll

It is comical at this point after their announcement for anyone to keep pushing the notion that these screen problems are just isolated incidents within a normal range of failure instead of a systemic flaw with the way they were assembled.

Posted via CB10
    I said what I said. If you took it as implying something other, I can't help that. I never said "normal range of failure". I did say it wasn't a high enough failure rate to warrant a recall. I'll stand by that, and point to CBK's durability test as evidence most phones are solid.

BTW - Thanks for the promotion! I'm a volunteer, as all the moderators, ambassadors, trusted etc are.
    07-10-17 08:49 AM
    What I wanna know is if there's a revision number or some indicator on the box that would identify one of these new units. Let's face it. We all know any retailer or carrier is gonna want to sell the older stock first. Does anyone know?
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    07-10-17 09:03 AM
    Is this fixable at home with superglue or something? I'm serious!
    07-10-17 09:12 AM
    What I wanna know is if there's a revision number or some indicator on the box that would identify one of these new units. Let's face it. We all know any retailer or carrier is gonna want to sell the older stock first. Does anyone know?
    Excellent question! I'd like to know too.

Also, I would assume when the unlocked units arrive in Canada, they'll be the fixed ones.
    07-10-17 09:17 AM
    I said what I said. If you took it as implying something other, I can't help that. I never said "normal range of failure". I did say it wasn't a high enough failure rate to warrant a recall. I'll stand by that, and point to CBK's durability test as evidence most phones are solid.

BTW - Thanks for the promotion! I'm a volunteer, as all the moderators, ambassadors, trusted etc are.
    Ok so you still think most phones are solid right?

What is your reasoning behind TCL's announcement? I'm honestly curious...

You stand by what - they don't need to do a recall? TCL is standing by that too.

BlackBerry never did a recall for the Storm 1 either and that had a 99% return rate (quality control problems) and a $500 million in loss for Verizon. I know it's not the same company but just pointing out dynamics that can occur.

Sorry don't get offended BUT, you take CBK's video of THREE K1's as evidence that most phones are solid?

I'm glad TCL didn't use his video as part of their own investigation loll :P

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by evodevo69; 07-10-17 at 09:31 AM.
    mister2d and Bsbudd like this.
    07-10-17 09:17 AM
    Is this fixable at home with superglue or something? I'm serious!
    There are a variety of suggestions. The most practical is to use a special two sided tape intended to actually secure screens to the body. I don't recall which thread, but both Amazon and Ebay sell such an item.

It was recommended NOT to us Superglue or similar - it dries more rigid and might make it impossible to repair if there is a need to remove the screen.

BBMobile has suggested NOT to do self-repair but claim warranty.
    brookie229 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-10-17 09:36 AM
    Great news, and find by you. This what I have be saying all along, get out in front and calm the markets. This should take care of it and keep up the sales pace!

Well done TCL!
    07-10-17 09:59 AM
    Wrong. Posted in Screen lift Mega thread for everyone as well.
    By posting in this thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...75/index4.html

And in fact in a tweet to jerry rig
    I get it. whatever...Im saying that we should not have to subscribe to Jerry Rig's twitter, read a random PhoneArena news release or have a CB member post his private message to find out about upcoming changes.
    mister2d and anon(3641385) like this.
    07-10-17 10:35 AM
    OK we have a official announcement,glad they are honouring the warranty!!! NOW let's move on!! It's starting to look like beating a dead horse!!!!

It's funny to me! This new device was the new relaunch for Blackberry/TCL and it was kyboshed globally the minute the "isolated" screen issue came up!!!!!

Did we not forget Samsung blew up their phones with defective batteries!?!? Anything to draw attention away from other comapnies!!!!????
    07-10-17 11:17 AM
    If you weren't a CB user you probably wouldn't have found out . This is obviously a VERY important platform for promoting BB devices. It's also not an impartial place to get opinions (you don't say Einstein!).

The home page is like a KEYone microsite, so CB obviously has a vested interest in this product.
    CBKevin is a prescriber of both BB and Tesla (it was just a coincidence that both appeared in the same video BTW). He does admit that he'd started using other brands of SP till the KEYone came along ...

Kevin, personally, I really enjoy your reviews, but I take that into account that some bias may creep in when reading your reviews of these products. Damn, I'm so cynical!
    mister2d and Bsbudd like this.
    07-10-17 11:25 AM
    I wish they exchange the old keyone for new adhesive model
    07-10-17 11:35 AM
    If you weren't a CB user you probably wouldn't have found out .
    I think the press (and ensuing TCL response, including Kevin's video) only started once this video came out:
    07-10-17 11:40 AM
    I wish they exchange the old keyone for new adhesive model
    Wait 11 months, then give it a good tug, and if it fails, have them fix it.
    FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-10-17 11:48 AM
    I can barely watch JerryRigs vids. I don't find this video helpful as it takes things to a very artificial extreme.
    Who would base their opinions on that?
    07-10-17 12:05 PM
    I can barely watch JerryRigs vids. I don't find this video helpful as it takes things to a very artificial extreme.
    Who would base their opinions on that?
    I see it as no different than crash tests on automobiles. Weak points must be determined to shore up deficiencies. I'm glad they do this so that I can purchase accordingly. Fortunately, most automobiles are extremely safe because of this testing.
    07-10-17 12:35 PM
    I agree but don't consider this official recognised procedure por testing mobile durability. This is just me ...
    07-10-17 12:58 PM
    This warranty replacement does nothing for people who had the connector band tear out and unable to recover encrypted data. I thought mine (received June 1st) was exempt from the screen issue until it happened to me. Never did I think I'd lose ALL the data because you can't enter the CHARGE & DATA mode without a screen.

Take the advice from a wise guy, go take a suction cup and see if the screen comes out due to lack of glue. If it does easily, get it replaced. Repeat until you have a phone that has a properly installed screen. HOPING is NOT a justification for your hard earned $.
    anon(3641385), Bsbudd and p1800nut like this.
    07-10-17 01:21 PM
    Unfortunately this is not true.
    My screen lifted completely and teared the ribbon.
    Screen is not accessible at all for me now.
    It's just messed up totally. Rang CPW in UK place of purchase they advised they know nothing about this at all and that it would be repairable. They advised to contact BlackBerry them selves if this is a major problem.

Rang BlackBerry they have said numerous times the device will be repaired and that new replacement phones being sent out it not true.
    Anyone who has got a new replacement is very lucky as unfortunately i do not get this option. Have to wait 14 days for repair and on top of that I have to use another phone.
    The keyone had my card encrypted so no way of getting that back either and they have said all the data on the phone will be wiped off.
    Mine also has a dodgy mic, have to hold the phone at a weird angle lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:18 PM
    Not only are you Mr. Positive, but you seem to be very knowledgeable. We started off with a statement from BBM and ended with Christmas in small towns. Goodness.
    I think it was pretty much copied and pasted from another thread post he or she made at the time BBMo first acknowledged the screen lift issue some weeks back.
    07-10-17 03:35 PM
    Well. Its unavailable on BBuy and Amazon US is not visible. Maybe they have taken down old stock and replacing with the refresh.
    07-10-17 03:41 PM
    I see it as no different than crash tests on automobiles. Weak points must be determined to shore up deficiencies. I'm glad they do this so that I can purchase accordingly. Fortunately, most automobiles are extremely safe because of this testing.
    Comparing those cell phone destruction videos to car accidents is not justified.

The odds of you getting into a head-on collision are like a billion times higher than someone digging into your phone with a scalpel, lighting the screen on fire, then attempting to break it in half.

Unless of course - you happen to OD on bath salts... then perhaps you would do that with your phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-17 03:41 PM
    This warranty replacement does nothing for people who had the connector band tear out and unable to recover encrypted data. I thought mine (received June 1st) was exempt from the screen issue until it happened to me. Never did I think I'd lose ALL the data because you can't enter the CHARGE & DATA mode without a screen.

Take the advice from a wise guy, go take a suction cup and see if the screen comes out due to lack of glue. If it does easily, get it replaced. Repeat until you have a phone that has a properly installed screen. HOPING is NOT a justification for your hard earned $.
    Got mine on 29th of April, screen fell out while on a call on 7 July. Like yours, unable to access any thing at all as the screen is now dead.

To add insult to injury, Blackberry are not going to replace my phone or seemingly many at all, but have them repaired here in the UK by a company that has a user rating of 1.8 (almost 2 stars) from 72 reviews. Google search no less, SBEUK via Yell.com

Not very inspiring.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...75/index5.html
    07-10-17 05:02 PM
    Got mine on 29th of April, screen fell out while on a call on 7 July. Like yours, unable to access any thing at all as the screen is now dead.

To add insult to injury, Blackberry are not going to replace my phone or seemingly many at all, but have them repaired here in the UK by a company that has a user rating of 1.8 (almost 2 stars) from 72 reviews. Google search no less, SBEUK via Yell.com

Not very inspiring.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...75/index5.html

Exactly same thing with me mate.
    Not sure where these reports are coming from that state we get replacements. I rang BlackBerry up again today as not sent the phone off as of yet and she said 100% replacement phones are not given. This is the case as unfortunately SBE UK will repair them. It's not a BlackBerry own repair center so they won't be sending anything new out
    Come on Chen back you're people up!
    Lol my SD card encrypted to this keyone can't even use the thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 05:06 PM
    Unfortunately this is not true.
    My screen lifted completely and teared the ribbon.
    Screen is not accessible at all for me now.
    It's just messed up totally. Rang CPW in UK place of purchase they advised they know nothing about this at all and that it would be repairable. They advised to contact BlackBerry them selves if this is a major problem.

Rang BlackBerry they have said numerous times the device will be repaired and that new replacement phones being sent out it not true.
    Anyone who has got a new replacement is very lucky as unfortunately i do not get this option. Have to wait 14 days for repair and on top of that I have to use another phone.
    The keyone had my card encrypted so no way of getting that back either and they have said all the data on the phone will be wiped off.
    Mine also has a dodgy mic, have to hold the phone at a weird angle lol

Posted via CB10
    My KEYone has same screen problem, fell out after two months with no issues whats so ever upto that point. Totally unexpected but I wasn't too worried as I expected Blackberry to exchange with a new, updated model. No such luck it seems. Not a happy chappy.
    07-10-17 05:07 PM
    My KEYone has same screen problem, fell out after two months with no issues whats so ever upto that point. Totally unexpected but I wasn't too worried as I expected Blackberry to exchange with a new, updated model. No such luck it seems. Not a happy chappy.
    Join the club.
    What is more annoying is other customers in USA etc are getting replacements!
    Does Chen have a facebook or twitter thing we can both message him and tell him our issues? And why we are being denied?
    Lol rang BlackBerry support in UK 5 times, rings out to USA and spoke to the same person everytime!
    Was hoping some one new would pick up.
    Where did you buy the phone from?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 05:11 PM
124 12345