By private message to a member.
    Wrong. Posted in Screen lift Mega thread for everyone as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-17 09:39 PM
    So who thinks TCL actually did an internal review based on returns and warranty claims since launch, from buyers from crackberry AND those outside of these forums, and found a flaw they didn't see when it was produced in small scale

OR

Is it just a PR move because of all the negative press from the crackberry forums...

Remember - there are people who think this issue is under 1% of total devices out there.

First scenario seems more likely and credible to me.

Scenario two would fit into the narrative that there is no manufacturing problem at all and it is a small number of unlucky buyers. Why TCL would need to make an announcement, is beyond me if this were true - unless people believe a bunch of people complaining on crackberry is threatening enough that they'd need to make an official announcement about it lolll

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 09:44 PM
    Tough to answer your question since we don't know how many have been sold? It could be under 1%.
    07-09-17 09:48 PM
    Tough to answer your question since we don't know how many have been sold? It could be under 1%.
    Weren't there people saying that if it's under 1% that's a normal and acceptable failure rate?

If so - why do they need to add more measures for the newer phones and then say if you have an old one, they'll replace it if needed - if there is in fact no problem at all...

Food for thought,

Samsung had 6 reported cases out of how many millions sold loll

There are I think 70 or more cases on cb alone. How many people on cb bought one?

If you don't know how many have sold in total, you also don't know how many screens have fallen off in total either because not everyone uses crackberry.

So that notion that we don't know how many phones have sold is a cop-out. Unless people believe that all the screen issues affect only crackberry users...

There has already been a few users who kept denigrating people on here who kept calling out TCL for this problem saying "mine has never fallen off and I've dropped it twice, had it for 2 months, stop making this into a big deal etc" who just recently had theirs fall off lolll

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by evodevo69; 07-09-17 at 10:08 PM.
    07-09-17 09:58 PM
    So what happens in a dropped phone scenario? if one drops their device and the screen pops do we think they will replace a "damaged" phone on warranty or are we just sol?

TCL should provide the serial numbers for true transparency and either offer to replace/recall devices or provide a near lifetime warranty for their early adopters.
    07-09-17 10:27 PM
    Some smaller vendors in smaller towns may only have a dozen of phones in stock
    Imma let you finish BUT... highly unlikely that smaller vendors would even get that many. If you look at carrier stores, the shipments of these devices happen every so often. It's not rare that a high volume carrier store will get maybe 4 KEYone devices every so often.

Smaller vendors may only be ordering small amounts at a time.
    07-09-17 10:40 PM
    So... BlackBerry Mobile announces the long awaited response *and* fix *and* reiterated their ongoing support for warranty claims and downtrodden CrackerBerry members respond with yet more negativity. Nice.
    07-09-17 11:37 PM
    Imma let you finish BUT... highly unlikely that smaller vendors would even get that many. If you look at carrier stores, the shipments of these devices happen every so often. It's not rare that a high volume carrier store will get maybe 4 KEYone devices every so often.

Smaller vendors may only be ordering small amounts at a time.
    Interesting. You make it sound like they manufactured roughly 200 keyones in total, and trickled them through to a few places.
    07-10-17 12:43 AM
    By private message to a member.
    By posting in this thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...75/index4.html

And in fact in a tweet to jerry rig
    Attached Thumbnails Screen lift announcement-46972.jpg  
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-10-17 03:50 AM
    Here's tweet pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Screen lift announcement-46974.jpg  
    BigBadWulf and laketrout73 like this.
    07-10-17 03:57 AM
    This is the fastest turnaround on a repair I have ever seen nice job TCL.
    07-10-17 03:58 AM
    So... BlackBerry Mobile announces the long awaited response *and* fix *and* reiterated their ongoing support for warranty claims and downtrodden CrackerBerry members respond with yet more negativity. Nice.
    It's because there are people who still say there is no problem to address in the first place, just a "few" unlucky people with loose screens that's within the "acceptable range" of failure.

Good on TCL in my opinion because if they took the view of some members, everyone would be SOL - obviously since TCL knows the true internal numbers and presumably knows the true return rates and also did an internal review of the returns, they know more than said members and responded accordingly. So good for TCL.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 06:17 AM
    So ia this a veiled recall?
    07-10-17 06:36 AM
    Some serious egg on the face for CrackBerry management.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-10-17 06:56 AM
    So ia this a veiled recall?
    No, cos you'd need to show that your screen had come off to go through the service / repair process, and then you'd be given someone else's phone with the screen fixed, that is, to replace your screen damaged phone.
    07-10-17 07:00 AM
    I hope my unit (sent away today) gets replaced. I do not a repair that takes forever.
    Ill keep you posted.
    07-10-17 07:01 AM
    good call from BBM. material change is constitute to a major change. Glad they haven't got into carrier yet. other wise, re-qualification will cost them at least 50K-100K. At least we know there is a fix (fixable problem), no form fit changes (like need to add clip). BBM should slowly replace known inventory once production went up to avoid RMA lost (logistic to handling a field return will be cost more). Waiting for warrentee reture in field possibly is a bad move... (lesson learn from BB storm... go read all about it on line).. IMHO.
    07-10-17 07:03 AM
    Interesting. You make it sound like they manufactured roughly 200 keyones in total, and trickled them through to a few places.
    Well not exactly. We have to remember that sold out doesn't mean sold in high qualities. I've worked at two major telecoms in Canada and the stores we had were pretty high volume but the shipments of BlackBerry handsets was quite low in comparison to some of the other devices we had in our inventory. Most places aren't going to be getting a massive shipment all at once, hence why you're seeing these units going out of stock so quickly.

Think back to the Z10 launch, it was damn near impossible to get one at launch from the carriers here in Canada (GTA to be more specific) since they really didn't get many units per store and those would have been sold quickly due to the initial hype. However, when it came to the earnings call, we found out that the device didn't sell as well as we would have liked.

We'll have to wait a few more weeks to see if these inventory problems continue to exist, and another factor we haven't considered is that TCL perhaps didn't produce as many units as we thought.
    07-10-17 07:15 AM
    Isn't CrackBerry supposed to be the official BlackBerry support site?
    07-10-17 07:28 AM
    Some serious egg on the face for CrackBerry management.
    Huh? When have @CrackBerry Kevin or @Bla1ze ever suggested there wasn't a problem with some phones?
    07-10-17 07:30 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well done TCL.... very professional.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 07:43 AM
    Huh? When have @CrackBerry Kevin or @Bla1ze ever suggested there wasn't a problem with some phones?
    They didn't - they suggested that there was no manufacturing problem to begin with and that any screens falling out was just what you are implying as well - it's a problem with some phones, like any other device - you and others, cbk included, implied it is just a normal rate of failure. Well maybe blaze didn't but cbk sure did with his durability video, which at this juncture is irrelevant but I understand it needed to be done at the time loll

It is comical at this point after their announcement for anyone to keep pushing the notion that these screen problems are just isolated incidents within a normal range of failure instead of a systemic flaw with the way they were assembled.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and Tim-ANC like this.
    07-10-17 08:36 AM
    Here's tweet pic:
    I would bet the screen will still pop if he subjects it to that extreme bend test. There is a seam between the screen and keyboard. I think that still will fail with severe stress. But BBMob is securing the screen, presumably, from the mere failure from general use or small drops or heat. You want to sit on your phone, you need a block of steel.
    BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    07-10-17 08:43 AM
    I would bet the screen will still pop if he subjects it to that extreme bend test. There is a seam between the screen and keyboard. I think that still will fail with severe stress. But BBMob is securing the screen, presumably, from the mere failure from general use or small drops or heat. You want to sit on your phone, you need a block of steel.
    I don't think jerry is looking to see if it pops - he's going to look if there is adhesive and what or how much they used.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 08:44 AM
    I don't think jerry is looking to see if it pops - he's going to look if there is adhesive and what or how much they used.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, you are fast! Good morning.
    07-10-17 08:46 AM
124 1234 ...