07-09-17 02:28 PM
    Great news for prudential potential purchasers. The 3 Ps
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-09-17 02:35 PM
    Very nice to see BlackBerry Mobile come forward with this acknowledgement of the "screen issue" and that they are taking measures to rectify the problem... 👍

This is what I've been waiting for before purchasing a KEYone... 😁

Bob
    07-09-17 02:41 PM
    Great news!! I have purchased my KEYone though, no issues until now, I hope it stays like that!
    07-09-17 03:01 PM
    Very nice to see BlackBerry Mobile come forward with this acknowledgement of the "screen issue" and that they are taking measures to rectify the problem... ������

This is what I've been waiting for before purchasing a KEYone... ������
    I don't think so.
    Since many people don't have a date on the box like the EU versions seem to have, you'll never know if you'll be getting old stock or new stock....it would make sense that old inventory is being sold first before new stock will be ordered/delivered/sold to the end-user. It's just like in the supermarket. The sandwich baloney that has the shortest expiry date will be put in front of all the baloney that has a long expiry date.

Especially in smaller towns or with smaller vendors this will probably be the case for the Keyones that are currently in stock, unless TCL asked every vendor around the world to immediately stop selling old stock and return them in order to get phones that DO have an extra dab of glue????

Some smaller vendors in smaller towns may only have a dozen of phones in stock. If they do not sell much, will they just hold on to the old stock before ordering/getting new phones that DO have the extra dab of glue?

Might have to wait until Christmas to be sure to get new stock when there is no date on the box and when it does not become clear from which date onwards, the screens should stick.

It doesn't become clear after reading the latest statement:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12954696
    07-09-17 03:18 PM
    Great new but it would have been nice to know what manufacturing date the newer adhesive was being utilized. I am hoping some of those units have already made it into the Amazon and Best Buy supply chain.
    anon(3641385) and MikeVig like this.
    07-09-17 03:27 PM
    Interesting. I've just purchased another handset from Amazon that arrived this morning. On the sticky label on the back of the device is a date. June 11th
    07-09-17 03:32 PM
    if the older ones are covered by a warranty, just go buy one. if the screen lifts, get it replaced. in the grand scheme of things a phone being replaced under warranty is not that big a deal. if you want one, get one and enjoy it. if you don't, get the phone you want. life could be so much simpler than we make it.........
    knightfall and ck2nb like this.
    07-09-17 03:33 PM
    if the older ones are covered by a warranty, just go buy one. if the screen lifts, get it replaced. in the grand scheme of things a phone being replaced under warranty is not that big a deal. if you want one, get one and enjoy it. if you don't, get the phone you want. life could be so much simpler than we make it.........
    Why cause yourself unnecessary hassle? I've got enough on my plate as it is.
    Why is patience no longer a desirable value ?
    "I want it all and I want it now" is the ruling theme in these internet times, when just a bit of postponing of pleasure will suffice in this case. I admit I normally fall into the "buy it right now" category and it's something i'm working on.
    I'm feeling much more confident about a purchase in the near future after this announcement.
    07-09-17 04:01 PM
    Why cause yourself unnecessary hassle? I've got enough on my plate as it is.
    Why is patience no longer a desirable value ?
    "I want it all and I want it now" is the ruling theme in these internet times, when just a bit of postponing of pleasure will suffice in this case. I admit I normally fall into the "buy it right now" category and it's something i'm working on.
    I'm feeling much more confident about a purchase in the near future after this announcement.
    You are right in that patience is a lost Art worth rediscovering. I guess that wasn't my point but more along the lines of getting tired of every other post on the forum being about people freaking out over the screen lift issue and blasting BlackBerry over and over. I just think there are far greater things in the world to get upset over.

I do see your point and if waiting is what one chooses, that's cool too. I just don't see a defect on a phone as something to freak out over.
    07-09-17 04:06 PM
    But but.. people here assured us there was no problem ?
    mister2d likes this.
    07-09-17 04:16 PM
    Freaking out is the people who've screens have fallen out I imagine. For those of us being patient in the wings it's just informed prudence probably. But I can see myself being tempted in the UK when I'm there soon if they get a new batch in . They are all sold out in Dorset currently, so ...
    07-09-17 04:16 PM
    Nice to hear this from phonearena and not here...........
    mister2d and scott8629 like this.
    07-09-17 04:21 PM
    In reality, it could be another 6 months before these "new units" make it into the pipeline. By then, the KEYone will be a year old. Another 6 months beyond that and it will probably cease production with a new model on the way. I wouldn't worry about this issue. If the screen lifts, make a warranty claim, you have 12 months from purchase.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    07-09-17 04:25 PM
    why is this not on the front page....
    07-09-17 04:26 PM
    why is this not on the front page....
    "In a further effort to ensure all our BlackBerry Mobile customers and fans have an outstanding experience, we’re implementing additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display. These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories – and will continue to come in stock throughout the summer."

So, to summarise, somewhere some retailers will be getting new units sometime over the summer. Since not many were made it would seem that they'd arrive sooner rather than later .... or is this wishful thinking?
    What I find funny is that they refer to "customers " and "fans" as two separate groups. This is badly expressed but obviously we know what they mean.
    07-09-17 05:24 PM
    "In a further effort to ensure all our BlackBerry Mobile customers and fans have an outstanding experience, we’re implementing additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display. These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories – and will continue to come in stock throughout the summer."
    So, to summarise, somewhere some retailers will be getting new units sometime over the summer. Since not many were made it would seem that they'd arrive sooner rather than later .... or is this wishful thinking?
    What I find funny is that they refer to "customers " and "fans" as two separate groups. This is badly expressed but obviously we know what they mean.

Also, there are some clumsy expressions (perhaps non-native speakers) such as:
    "...additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display."
    you can't add greater adhesive.
    You either add 'more' or 'stronger' adhesive.
    or
    "The process (not the measures) will add greater adhesion or adhesive qualities."

Again, we know what they mean and it sounds like the kind of news we've been waiting for.
    I've been a teacher of English as a foreign language for the last 30 years ...
    FF22, Bbnivende and Tim-ANC like this.
    07-09-17 05:29 PM
    So, phonearena has to report on this, not TCL themselves, and not Crackberry.

10/10
    07-09-17 05:57 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile announced in these forums.
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-09-17 06:10 PM
    Good to see them address the issue and also fix it with stronger adhesive. My CDMA version is perfect, if screen lift occurs I'll warranty, if I drop in water I'll use my insurance.
    07-09-17 06:22 PM
    In reality, it could be another 6 months before these "new units" make it into the pipeline. By then, the KEYone will be a year old. Another 6 months beyond that and it will probably cease production with a new model on the way.
    This is quite a long winded and uninformed speculation.

The announcement states "These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories."

This means it's more likely that these units are already rolling out, and factory unlocked inventory that will arrive in Canada soon will be of this newer batch.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    07-09-17 06:59 PM
    This is quite a long winded and uninformed speculation.

The announcement states "These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories."

This means it's more likely that these units are already rolling out, and factory unlocked inventory that will arrive in Canada soon will be of this newer batch.
    Bang on brother! By end of August that batch should for sure be the better ones if the carriers are already receiving the updated batches now.

So there was an issue afterall - they just made it official.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 08:35 PM
    I was always planning on waiting for the unlocked version in Canada. But when there was silence on the issue I was leaning to skipping the phone all together. This news makes me more hopeful fixed batches will be rolling out soon and that the unlocked Canadian version will be all in the clear for screen lift issues given the delay in making it available.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile announced in these forums.
    By private message to a member.
    07-09-17 09:28 PM
    I don't think so.
    Since many people don't have a date on the box like the EU versions seem to have, you'll never know if you'll be getting old stock or new stock....it would make sense that old inventory is being sold first before new stock will be ordered/delivered/sold to the end-user. It's just like in the supermarket. The sandwich baloney that has the shortest expiry date will be put in front of all the baloney that has a long expiry date.

Especially in smaller towns or with smaller vendors this will probably be the case for the Keyones that are currently in stock, unless TCL asked every vendor around the world to immediately stop selling old stock and return them in order to get phones that DO have an extra dab of glue????

Some smaller vendors in smaller towns may only have a dozen of phones in stock. If they do not sell much, will they just hold on to the old stock before ordering/getting new phones that DO have the extra dab of glue?

Might have to wait until Christmas to be sure to get new stock when there is no date on the box and when it does not become clear from which date onwards, the screens should stick.

It doesn't become clear after reading the latest statement:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12954696
    Not only are you Mr. Positive, but you seem to be very knowledgeable. We started off with a statement from BBM and ended with Christmas in small towns. Goodness.
    07-09-17 09:36 PM
124 123 ...