08-24-17 01:43 PM
124 1234 ...
tools
    Because it's Android
    06-15-17 10:41 PM
    Because some of us need phones without magically detaching screens until this mess is cleared up lol.
    06-16-17 12:12 AM
    I'm not sure if the picture posted really belonged to OP, coz the picture posted named Screenshot_20170615-040031.jpg

Apparently it's a picture from a screenshot.
    06-16-17 04:01 AM
    It's a screenshot of a picture from my Lumia 950. I couldnt upload it from there so I had to email myself the file. It's quite frankly insulting that you would even imply that.
    06-16-17 05:02 AM
    The tin foil hats are strong in this one...
    06-16-17 05:03 AM
    =/ here you go
    Attached Thumbnails Screen lift-wp_20170615_03_47_07_pro-1-4-.jpg   Screen lift-wp_20170615_03_46_56_pro.jpg  
    06-16-17 05:19 AM
    Thanks God, I bought the UK one. I believe the screen lift only comes since US launched.
    Well...no.....but there is a larger launch in the US and Canada so more issues. Hope yours is fine..........nothing like a 500 dollar phone that self destructs.........must be a 007 phone.....dam
    06-16-17 08:41 AM
    My father set his Keyone down on the counter last night and I mean set it down no different than any of us would and the screen popped right off! ... it was the weirdest thing.
    06-16-17 08:44 AM
    My father set his Keyone down on the counter last night and I mean set it down no different than any of us would and the screen popped right off! ... it was the weirdest thing.
    Photos please?
    06-16-17 08:49 AM
    Photos please?
    Here is photo of his phone.
    I watched him set it down and then when we noticed the side was lifted up he grabbed the phone and the full screen popped off breaking the display ribbon.

My brothers Keyone has the back plate lifting off ever so slightly but when you hold the phone to type you can feel the edge sticking out. Image attached.

Screen lift-img_0939-2.jpgScreen lift-img_0940.jpg
    06-16-17 12:16 PM
    I watched him set it down and then when we noticed the side was lifted up he grabbed the phone and the full screen popped off breaking the display ribbon.

My brothers Keyone has the back plate lifting off ever so slightly but when you hold the phone to type you can feel the edge sticking out. Image attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0939 2.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	425311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	425313
    Holy crap... Thanks. You are the 5th report provider in 36 hours.
    06-16-17 12:17 PM

Btw, you are from Canada, aren't you? I remember you talking about Telus, I think?
    06-16-17 12:22 PM
    Wonder if the apologists are still delusional about the numbers.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:25 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0939 2.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	425311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	425313
    Was any adhesive there?
    06-16-17 12:36 PM
    Was any adhesive there?
    I think it's a safe bet at this point to say that the phones have the minimum amount, if any, adhesive on them.
    06-16-17 12:42 PM
    I think it's a safe bet at this point to say that the phones have the minimum amount, if any, adhesive on them.
    Some users have said theirs have none at all...the plot thickens
    06-16-17 12:44 PM
    Wonder if the apologists are still delusional about the numbers.
    What numbers?
    06-16-17 12:45 PM
    What numbers?
    Number of defects
    06-16-17 12:45 PM
    Man this is terrible get a refund at this point there's no reason anyone should gamble on this phone right now because you just don't know what you're going to get
    06-16-17 12:49 PM
    Some users have said theirs have none at all...the plot thickens
    I don't think there is much of a plot here. To me this phone has a manufacturing defect. I guarantee you there are many more users that have had this issue that aren't members of this forum (fleet users for one), or who have had the issue and don't want to post it here because they feel it will tarnish the phone further. To me it's only a matter of time before they will all eventually pop loose. It's disappointing because it's a great looking phone.

Mine is coming in tomorrow and I'm gonna have to wait and talk to my IT guy on Monday to find out how much of an issue it might be to set this up with the potential to have to possibly get a replacement if there is an issue with it. My company typically gives one upgrade every two years and it's a hassle getting the phones set up in the first place. I could keep it as my personal phone, but I have other phones that I use for that now. I don't know, guess I'll find out.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:50 PM
    Was any adhesive there?
    They appeared to be a few small spots where a adhesive was but nothing significant and his phone was shipped the second week of the release from Rogers so I image it is first batch.
    06-16-17 01:21 PM
    How many phones have been sold. Lets say there are 30 phones that have had an issue...out of how many thousands that have been sold? I still believe this is a small number vs the number of phones that have been sold - 5,000-10,000? Who knows. If they were all bad then there would be many more posts by now and there would be a recall announced. Kevin's video showed that the KEYone is well built and can handle abuse.
    erinsteadman and DeliFresser like this.
    06-16-17 01:22 PM
    I don't think there is much of a plot here. To me this phone has a manufacturing defect. I guarantee you there are many more users that have had this issue that aren't members of this forum (fleet users for one), or who have had the issue and don't want to post it here because they feel it will tarnish the phone further. To me it's only a matter of time before they will all eventually pop loose. It's disappointing because it's a great looking phone.

Mine is coming in tomorrow and I'm gonna have to wait and talk to my IT guy on Monday to find out how much of an issue it might be to set this up with the potential to have to possibly get a replacement if there is an issue with it. My company typically gives one upgrade every two years and it's a hassle getting the phones set up in the first place. I could keep it as my personal phone, but I have other phones that I use for that now. I don't know, guess I'll find out.
    it would be a great plot twist if you get yours and then join the "mine is defect free KEYone is the best phone ever" crowd! LOLL
    kbz1960 and Alain_A like this.
    06-16-17 01:24 PM
    They appeared to be a few small spots where a adhesive was but nothing significant and his phone was shipped the second week of the release from Rogers so I image it is first batch.
    Thanks, first I have heard from Canada, so we now have this occurring in all release locations, makes it being a bad batch hard to believe.
    06-16-17 01:31 PM

I'd just use it for awhile and if you're comfortable after that then have them add it. If you don't think you'll ever be comfortable with it you might as well never open it and send it back.
    06-16-17 01:37 PM
124 1234 ...