Gps issues on the KeyOne too? I have that on my Priv and man is it awful.
    I can't say that I experienced any problems with the GPS but I didn't have mine long enough to take any serious trips using Google maps.
    06-21-17 02:19 AM
    CDMA BlackBerry KEYone smartphones only started shipping during the last few days, maybe a week. The number of GSM BlackBerry KEYone smartphones with faulty screens is very low so do not take the reports in these forums as representative of the total production. In every reported instance the commonality is a dropped device. There are many explanations but aside from physics and forces none of the claims have been substantiated by BlackBerry Mobile or TCL yet.
    I don't think that they all were dropped. The one woman just took it out of the case. The one guy said he was laying on the beach typing and it fell out on his face. That's just the two I can think of right now.

But I don't think it's a wide spread problem.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-21-17 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Typo
    06-21-17 06:46 AM
    my screen lifted after two weeks of gentle use without any drop. and if I remember correctly, out of 6-7 cases that I saw here in this forum including me, only two people had actually dropped it from 1-2 feet above.

I wouldn't even call it as dropped. I have dropped my other phones from 3-5 feet above several times, and all survived with few cuffs here and there

I would call It as a quite wide spread issue for the number of devices sold and for the duration of devices that have been actually out there in public (2weeks).

Yesterday I received my replacement from amazon, and the new one has very noticeably loose volumes button that wiggles with shaking. And I can even hear little shaky sound from it if I shake my phone hard. I can confirm that the old one with faulty screen at least does not have this volume button issue.

I am not planning to replace this one again for this minor issue at this point, but yes... TCL has some quality control issue. Sigh
    06-21-17 06:54 AM
    I can shed some light as I have been through the whole thing. My screen came off without any dropping or back pockets. I kept it in a blackberry sleeve case. I noticed it about a day two after TCL admitted publicly that there was an issue and they were going to take care of it. I contacted TCL and they put in ticket for me and told me they would get back to me after the weekend. it was a Friday so that made sense to me.

Monday they emailed me and requested pics and additional information. I sent that to them they told me then they would replace my device with a new one. This of course made me wonder if they were just going to ship another unit with no mods. So I asked them directly will this just be another stock unit or will it be different. he assured me that it would be different and I wouldn't have the problem again.

A week later and to my surprise I received a package that looked like an Ebay item and I had no idea of the persons name that was on it. So I opened it and to my surprise it was my replacement so one week later I was back in business and all seems good. I am to send back the defective unit but they replaced it upfront which I think is very good of them.

so the big question that time will only tell is did they fix the issue? I can say the seal around the screen seems Thicker and more noticeable when I swipe down so we will see. The important thing is it does have a warrenty and they are honoring it if it is a defect and not me dropping it. I decided to play it safe and buy insurance through my provider so I can make sure I have a few stress free years of use I will say beyond that I love the phone and I do hope they get it all worked out in the end this has been one of the best phones I have used. I don't often want to put it down and with the crazy battery life I don't have to. I hope people can at least see that TCL has stated they would work on fixing the issues and it appears they are. I believe they want and need this to be a success as much as we do.
    BigBadWulf, eldeadache and kbz1960 like this.
    06-21-17 07:08 AM
    my screen lifted after two weeks of gentle use without any drop. and if I remember correctly, out of 6-7 cases that I saw here in this forum including me, only two people had actually dropped it from 1-2 feet above.

I wouldn't even call it as dropped. I have dropped my other phones from 3-5 feet above several times, and all survived with few cuffs here and there

I would call It as a quite wide spread issue for the number of devices sold and for the duration of devices that have been actually out there in public (2weeks).

Yesterday I received my replacement from amazon, and the new one has very noticeably loose volumes button that wiggles with shaking. And I can even hear little shaky sound from it if I shake my phone hard. I can confirm that the old one with faulty screen at least does not have this volume button issue.

I am not planning to replace this one again for this minor issue at this point, but yes... TCL has some quality control issue. Sigh
    I'd never settle for that man...not for their msrp. Low volume and custom parts ok, but buttons shouldn't wobble and rattle like that.
    06-21-17 07:15 AM
    So I opened it and to my surprise it was my replacement so one week later I was back in business and all seems good. I am to send back the defective unit but they replaced it upfront which I think is very good of them.

I can say the seal around the screen seems Thicker and more noticeable when I swipe down so we will see
    So can this "thicker seal" be seen in a photo, so others could compare?
    eldeadache and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-21-17 07:18 AM
    I will try when I get home and near a camera. I don't know if you can see it but I feel it. When I used to pull the settings window down mine was smooth now I feel a bit of a lip with rubber or possibly a seal. I am not sure it is noticeable to the eye or in this case the camera eye.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-21-17 07:27 AM
    I can shed some light as I have been through the whole thing. My screen came off without any dropping or back pockets. I kept it in a blackberry sleeve case. I noticed it about a day two after TCL admitted publicly that there was an issue and they were going to take care of it. I contacted TCL and they put in ticket for me and told me they would get back to me after the weekend. it was a Friday so that made sense to me.

Monday they emailed me and requested pics and additional information. I sent that to them they told me then they would replace my device with a new one. This of course made me wonder if they were just going to ship another unit with no mods. So I asked them directly will this just be another stock unit or will it be different. he assured me that it would be different and I wouldn't have the problem again.

A week later and to my surprise I received a package that looked like an Ebay item and I had no idea of the persons name that was on it. So I opened it and to my surprise it was my replacement so one week later I was back in business and all seems good. I am to send back the defective unit but they replaced it upfront which I think is very good of them.

so the big question that time will only tell is did they fix the issue? I can say the seal around the screen seems Thicker and more noticeable when I swipe down so we will see. The important thing is it does have a warrenty and they are honoring it if it is a defect and not me dropping it. I decided to play it safe and buy insurance through my provider so I can make sure I have a few stress free years of use I will say beyond that I love the phone and I do hope they get it all worked out in the end this has been one of the best phones I have used. I don't often want to put it down and with the crazy battery life I don't have to. I hope people can at least see that TCL has stated they would work on fixing the issues and it appears they are. I believe they want and need this to be a success as much as we do.
    Thank you so much for all the news, it's heartwarming that the issue might soon be under control. They did well and at this point I can only hope for an official statement on how any new buyer can be sure to buy a proper unit. Once they make such a statement, I will feel peaceful enough to buy this phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 07:36 AM

Thanks for the update, I am looking to place an order with Amazon in the next couple of days for an unlocked GSM model and I curious wether any of the "corrected" or fixed units have made it into the system yet?

I know they make these in batches and I am hoping the one I get is a newer one with the fix for the screen lift issue.
    06-21-17 08:06 AM
    So has this issue been resolved? I see a few places have the KeyOne in stock again in the US and I want to get one tomorrow. But not if this issue is happening even with the newest batch of phones.
    06-22-17 11:17 AM
    Received my new one yesterday morning and it looks great although I said the same for the first three weeks of my original keyone until the screen came off. I am actually not sure if I am going to keep it or return as my backup onto the new keyone was less than successful. I have made a number of mistakes that I only realize now. My priv that I transferred the info to my original keyone is gone. The memory card I bought for the keyone was formatted for internal memory which renders it useless for anything other than the original phone, and, lastly, the download from the cloud was not complete. Have only 30 % of my contacts and no password keeper files!!. I am seriously thinking of returning the new keyone and trying to fix the first keyone. The problem is that the connection to the phone has been torn from the screen and I have tried to search out a new screen and connection and cant find any online. I know that the original is covered by warranty but I have lost so much information with the poor backup that it would be much better for me to try to get the original phone fixed to try to save my data. Does that sound really dumb? Any other suggestions?
    06-22-17 04:23 PM
    Well my brothers Keyone screen popped off today .... worst part was Bell would not acknowledge this is a issue because TCL has not addressed it. He is past 15 days so Bell said he had to pay to get it repaired!!!

They wouldn't budge so he switched over to Rogers and will not be getting a new phone.
    Garbage from all parties
    06-26-17 11:54 AM
    I thought some users were reporting that blackberry mobile was requiring them to send in the defective unit first and then they will get sent a replacement.
    06-26-17 12:17 PM
    Well my brothers Keyone screen popped off today .... worst part was Bell would not acknowledge this is a issue because TCL has not addressed it. He is past 15 days so Bell said he had to pay to get it repaired!!!

They wouldn't budge so he switched over to Rogers and will not be getting a new phone.
    Garbage from all parties
    Doesn't TCL offer a free repair for this issue though?
    06-26-17 12:27 PM
    They had no info for him other than he would have to send it in for repair which wasn't covered after the 15 days.
    My brother told them to look up online how common the issue is and the rep said he was aware of the issue but there was no memo in their system regarding it so it has to be treated like a customer damaged phone.
    06-26-17 02:40 PM
    My word, this is a shocking state of a fairs for BB. I hope the replacement units are fine and not having the same issue.
    06-26-17 04:06 PM
    I had same problem with the screen and now have a new one. No questions asked. Received a new one in 24 hours. Connected up and now its perfect. Had some difficulty with restoring info from google account but got it straightened out. Phone is the best I ever had. Even with the grief, well worth the effort. Hope that this small number of defective phones doesn't detract too much from sales as it is the best BB has ever made....and I have bought most of the previous ones. WRT Bell, I would have asked to speak to the manager and would have given them my opinion. Usually, if you talk to management, they usually see the issue clearer than regular customer service personnel. There is no excuse for what Bell did. Rogers usually is pretty good. I am sure you will appreciate the phone despite the grief you had...I do.
    06-26-17 05:22 PM
    Received my new one yesterday morning and it looks great although I said the same for the first three weeks of my original keyone until the screen came off. I am actually not sure if I am going to keep it or return as my backup onto the new keyone was less than successful. I have made a number of mistakes that I only realize now. My priv that I transferred the info to my original keyone is gone. The memory card I bought for the keyone was formatted for internal memory which renders it useless for anything other than the original phone, and, lastly, the download from the cloud was not complete. Have only 30 % of my contacts and no password keeper files!!. I am seriously thinking of returning the new keyone and trying to fix the first keyone. The problem is that the connection to the phone has been torn from the screen and I have tried to search out a new screen and connection and cant find any online. I know that the original is covered by warranty but I have lost so much information with the poor backup that it would be much better for me to try to get the original phone fixed to try to save my data. Does that sound really dumb? Any other suggestions?
    No new phone should have this issue. I have always rushed out and bought the newest Blackberry but this time I am sitting tight. Will hang on to my Priv.
    06-26-17 05:36 PM
    They had no info for him other than he would have to send it in for repair which wasn't covered after the 15 days.
    My brother told them to look up online how common the issue is and the rep said he was aware of the issue but there was no memo in their system regarding it so it has to be treated like a customer damaged phone.
    Did he contact BlackBerry mobile Support?
    06-26-17 05:45 PM
    Doesn't TCL offer a free repair for this issue though?
    Yes, BlackBerry Mobile will request photos of the defect and according to others messages in the forum by people experiencing the screen loose issue, a replacement smartphone is delivered and a return label provided for the defective device.
    06-26-17 06:31 PM
    all is well with me. I have a priv and had to wipe it so I could transfer my wifes original contents to it as I had bought her the KEYone from an iPhone which she couldnt stand, and the iPhone didnt transfer all the contents from her previous BB. Had I not wiped it, would have been a piece of cake transferring all my data from the Priv to the original KEYone. It was a major hassle having to piece together stuff but well worth it. The KEYone is so much better than the Priv IMO. Absolutely the best I have ever used.....hoping dont have the same problem with the screen though . The build feels great...just like all my other BBs
    06-26-17 06:32 PM
    Gps issues on the KeyOne too? I have that on my Priv and man is it awful.
    Anyone know how to fix this?? HORRIBLE
    06-29-17 03:28 PM
    Hello,

I am having issues getting my Keyone replaced with this same defect. I messaged blackberry and they offered a replacement but said they needed to call me first to get my credit card information so they can put a hold on it for $549 until they receive the old one in exchange.

That is fine with me but I can't seem to get them to call me. Yesterday they said they called and couldn't reach me, then asked me to call them but provided no number. When I asked they gave me 1-855-556-2522.

When I call that number I am asked for:
    -Ticket number
    -Customer number

The email subject starts off with a "CRM:00000200000XXXX" I don't know if that is a ticket or customer number but when I enter it in either system says it doesn't recognize it.

Just wondering if anyone can clarify if this makes sense or give any advice on what you went through.

Thanks,
    Boyd
    Orlando, FL
    Purchased through BestBuy on launch day.
    08-24-17 12:31 PM
    Hello,

I am having issues getting my Keyone replaced with this same defect. I messaged blackberry and they offered a replacement but said they needed to call me first to get my credit card information so they can put a hold on it for $549 until they receive the old one in exchange.

That is fine with me but I can't seem to get them to call me. Yesterday they said they called and couldn't reach me, then asked me to call them but provided no number. When I asked they gave me 1-855-556-2522.

When I call that number I am asked for:
    -Ticket number
    -Customer number

The email subject starts off with a "CRM:00000200000XXXX" I don't know if that is a ticket or customer number but when I enter it in either system says it doesn't recognize it.

Just wondering if anyone can clarify if this makes sense or give any advice on what you went through.

Thanks,
    Boyd
    Orlando, FL
    Purchased through BestBuy on launch day.
    Try again with number in this link

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1113727-new/
    08-24-17 12:43 PM
124 ... 345