Add me to the list of screen problems. Have had keyone for 3 weeks now and kept bragging about how good the phone was and that it was the best BB I had ever had......until today. Had the phone in my breast pocket and noted it wasnt working. Thought it was a simple restart issue so pressed the one button which is when I realized that the screen had fully detached from the body of the phone. To make matters worse, the ribbon connector from the screen to the phone was partly torn and phone is still dead!!! Wow. When I looked at the back of the screen, absolutely no glue. This has been my 10-11th blackberry and I have never had a problem with quality of phones until now!!!!
    06-18-17 06:05 PM
    When I return this to amazon, what do I put on the return? I hope they will take it back and not think it was damage that I did to it? Anyone familiar with their return process?
    Go into amazon items bought find the phone open the link click return and it steps you through reasons for return, prepaid label should be offered, take it to UPS with original packaging and prepaid return label.
    06-18-17 06:19 PM
    Whoa, watching all of these screen lifts issue popping up made me really want to give a nickname to Keyone; 'The Popcorn'. Why? The screen pops without your notice! And just like the popping sound of corn kernels gave you a scare sometimes, the Keyone does the same too to their unlucky owners

Call it exposure bias, but with this so many reporting coming up in the last few hours for a phone that have low exposure/popularity....I won't touch K1 devices with a 10 foot pole for the time being.
    06-18-17 06:40 PM
    Add me to the list of screen problems. Have had keyone for 3 weeks now and kept bragging about how good the phone was and that it was the best BB I had ever had......until today. Had the phone in my breast pocket and noted it wasnt working. Thought it was a simple restart issue so pressed the one button which is when I realized that the screen had fully detached from the body of the phone. To make matters worse, the ribbon connector from the screen to the phone was partly torn and phone is still dead!!! Wow. When I looked at the back of the screen, absolutely no glue. This has been my 10-11th blackberry and I have never had a problem with quality of phones until now!!!!
    That's one more here.
    Would you like to find the mega thread for screen lift and make your entry there please.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 07:53 PM
    TCl has been quiet too. :/
    06-18-17 08:04 PM
    Some very logical and well tempered posts in this forum. Finally good to see. Although it is really sad to see how many quality control issues people are experiencing. I suppose TCL still has a lot to learn about producing a premium non-slab phone.

My K1 should be arriving tomorrow, and while I am actually excited about a phone for the first time since the BB10 launch, I am also a bit nervous that I will have a waste of time setting up the phone and then having to return due to the quality control roulette.

 C L A S S I C
    06-18-17 09:50 PM
    Go into amazon items bought find the phone open the link click return and it steps you through reasons for return, prepaid label should be offered, take it to UPS with original packaging and prepaid return label.
    06-18-17 10:06 PM
    Am I the only one who checks his phone multiple times a day now just waiting to see my screen lift? I wish they fixed the issue and allowed anyone who purchased it before a certain date to return it if they feel the need. These screens are lifting for no reason so they should allow you to return your phone for a fixed one, you shouldn't have to wait until it happens right when you least expect it.
    kbz1960 and eldeadache like this.
    06-18-17 10:12 PM
    Where I live this phone has been released for one week now.
    I used to be a pre-sale guy since the old days of RIM and all the way until the Priv, but the KeyOne is the first BB that I haven't purchased in the pre-sale period and which I haven't purchased while it is in stock now since one week.

Since the phone was released more than a month ago in the U.K, Germany, U.S.A, Canada it gave me all the time to prepare myself for the launch in my country and generally learn about this phone.

All the mess I read and saw on CB, YT and multiple (international) forums about the issues the KeyOne is having (e.g. bad gps, lifting screen without any cause, lifting screen after small drop, bad signal, all kinds of screen issues involving black lines and last but not least the the no-glue (ehh,"little-glue") debacle (responsible for the aforementioned screen lifting issues), wasn't really motivating me to buy in the pre-sale or now while it is in stock.

I recall seeing YOUR name continuously popping up in various CB threads where you passionately debunked fanboys who kept defending the issues the phone is having and what not.

And now I read that you have one coming LOL.
    Damn, what happened in the meantime?

After reading all your messages since the screen lift complaints hit the surface, I did not thought you would be one of those guys people would say to: "you can say whatever you want, in the end, you know you'll buying one anyways". Did not thought you would be one of those guys who would buy regardless.

As for myself, I'm still caught between a rock and a hard place.
    I am not concerned by this Jerry bend video as I would never abuse a phone like that, but what concerns me is the screen lifting after a small drop in the car or simply when using any kind of case (or removing it from a case).

I cannot stand another phone with a loose screen or a "clicky" screen due to one top coming loose.
    I have had more than enough of that dealing with my Priv for one and a half years. I just cannot stand it any longer.

I appreciate the CBK video, but obviously, it solely proves that he's lucky. Additionally, I'm not accusing anyone of foul play, but there is no way knowing what happened between the cuts/edits. It's just laughable to read how some people are find confirmation in this video for their theories that the screen lift stories are all made-up or that the non-screen lifting in that CBK video exposed that there is some big conspiracy going on where ex-bb employees/competitors possibly wanting to damage the BB Brand (I read that here on CB and almost pi$$ed my pants LOL).

After all the cases so far, the likelihood that something will happen to the screen is -like you said- indeed just a matter of time. I concur with that.

Also, I just cannot deal any longer with faulty GPS modules. I also had more than enough of that crap; see my multiple messages in this topic: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12673691 When I read about people on this forum (and other forums ) having GPS issues with this device yet AGAIN, I just get a sour taste, AGAIN.

Just like the camera has never been PERFECT on a BB device, the GPS hasn't been either on any BB I purchased. They just can't get it right for crissakes. I just don't want to have to rely on using a Tom Tom/Garmin as a back-up!

Anyways, will wait for now to purchase.

Of course we will NEVER hear about TCL changing anything in future batches (if they would decide to do so, which I doubt; I mean, all the devices going in garbage compactor? I doubt it). And even if they would add a dab or two of super glue extra on future devices, vendors will probably sell old stock first (and since I doubt many people will buy this device in the (small) towns where I often am or go to, I'll probably end up buying a non-glued version without knowing; so waiting until, say, Christmas wouldn't help).

This whole situation almost makes a grown man cry. It already started with the fake delay posts about due to high demand.

I know I would also loose money when the screen lifts as I simply believe that repair centers in my country would say it is due to user fault (meaning that they say it is because I dropped the phone). I asked one vendor about what they think will happen when the screen suddenly coming loose without me being responsible for it and they said that they it would indeed be logical to assume that hey would decide that it is due to a fall/user fault and thus not falling under warranty.

Decisions, decisions, what should a man do? Now if TCL would throw a bone and give a 100 Euro discount (E 500), then that would make it a bit more enticing to go ahead and purchase, especially knowing that re-sale value will be in the bottom of the barrel again (like with the Priv and any other BB phone).

If they don't give discount, then I might just continue using my Priv (or Iphone 8 when it comes out in September, yes late September-early October, when they promised and not almost a year later after "announcing").

Whew! Can't possibly address all of your concerns, but my advice is buy the iPhone 8. Much simpler for all of us. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my utterly satisfying, defect defying KEYone.
    06-18-17 10:25 PM
    Today is my two week anniversary of getting the KEYone. I will continue to use it as I have for the last two weeks... no case, in my front pocket when standing on a surface, or car cubby when sitting, and in my side beat pocket when at work. it I certainly will let you all know if I have a problem regardless of the fact than I probably am one of those apologists. I guess I am like the optimist heard falling off a building.... so far so good!
    06-19-17 05:15 AM
    That's one more here.
    Would you like to find the mega thread for screen lift and make your entry there please.

Posted via CB10
    Have you started the return process with BBMo? I am in the middle of that now. Waiting for my replacement.
    06-20-17 02:44 PM
    contacted Blackberry directly as it was unlocked and not thru carrier. They were fantastic and I am expecting my new one tomorrow morning. I dont regret buying the KeyOne even with the hassle of the screen. Still the best blackberry I have ever used.....and I have had most of them. Wouldnt want any other phone. Hopefully my replacement phone has some glue on the back of the screen this time.
    06-20-17 03:57 PM
    I wonder how all you guys reset your device before you sending it back. Is there a button shortcut to factory reset without need of screen. I mean without cleaning the device there could be a data leak problem on top of your screenlift issue.

Isn't this worth an article on CB? No it isn't at least if it's still on and online:

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    WT44 likes this.
    06-20-17 05:48 PM
    Good point
    06-20-17 05:59 PM
    I asked bb tech support that and they responded that they do wipe of device themselves. Guess it depends on how much you trust them. Most of my valuable info is encrypted in password keeper so I'm not overly worried. Just hoping my memory card stored the info from my files to load onto new device.
    06-20-17 06:27 PM
    Yet another one. Feel bad for you. Where did you buy it? Does it have any production date mentioned on the box or anywhere?
    So did you refuse delivery of your KEYone today? It was supposed to be delivered today wasn't it?
    06-20-17 08:14 PM
    So did you refuse delivery of your KEYone today? It was supposed to be delivered today wasn't it?
    It was. I did. Enjoy yours while you still can.
    06-20-17 08:37 PM
    Well since you don't have a KEYone maybe you should temper your sentiments about something you don't have and are not even willing to try. I tire of your manipulation.
    Devhux and tdaye like this.
    06-20-17 08:56 PM
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    anon(4297019) likes this.
    06-20-17 09:02 PM
    Well since you don't have a KEYone maybe you should temper your sentiments about something you don't have and are not even willing to try. I tire of your manipulation.
    You two need to get a room, and give the thread a break.

Knock it off!
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-20-17 10:01 PM
    Does anyone know if the screens are popping off only on the GSM models? Haven't heard anything about the the CDMA models.
    06-20-17 10:23 PM
    Does anyone know if the screens are popping off only on the GSM models? Haven't heard anything about the the CDMA models.
    CDMA BlackBerry KEYone smartphones only started shipping during the last few days, maybe a week. The number of GSM BlackBerry KEYone smartphones with faulty screens is very low so do not take the reports in these forums as representative of the total production. In every reported instance the commonality is a dropped device. There are many explanations but aside from physics and forces none of the claims have been substantiated by BlackBerry Mobile or TCL yet.
    06-20-17 11:09 PM
    CDMA BlackBerry KEYone smartphones only started shipping during the last few days, maybe a week. The number of GSM BlackBerry KEYone smartphones with faulty screens is very low so do not take the reports in these forums as representative of the total production. In every reported instance the commonality is a dropped device. There are many explanations but aside from physics and forces none of the claims have been substantiated by BlackBerry Mobile or TCL yet.
    So what your waiting for BBM or TCL to admit that something is wrong with it? Otherwise you don't believe it's a common defect? Short of a device being a safety hazard no company is going to admit faults with their products. Did you not read my post when I started the thread? I had never dropped my device. Call me a liar but I have no reason to lie. I didn't buy a 550$ phone just to drop it and come on a forum full of enthusiasts to lie about its build quality.

I work in an automotive plant and build exhausts for many many brands here in the USA. Toyota, Nissan,GM, and others. We have sent out bad parts knowing welds were in poor shape and they would fail. Companies take the gamble. We pray the exhausts don't fall off until the cars are out of warranty. There is no good will in manufacturing anything. Should we recall exhausts that we find out have pretty poor welds? Probably. Will we? Not a chance in hell. Tens of thousands of cars already have them on there. Now in a public capacity we would never admit this and would just replace what we had to under warranty. We have time and time won awards for being one of the best suppliers in the business. If we are doing this kind of stuff and winning awards, you can only imagine how bad other manufacturing facilities are.You are way too trusting of corporations.
    Last edited by giantrobo; 06-21-17 at 01:35 AM.
    kbz1960 and evodevo69 like this.
    06-21-17 01:14 AM
    I'm not saying this has to be a manufacturing defect. Or widespread. I'm saying if it is, BlackBerry Mobile are going to be the last people to be upfront and honest about it. They will say as little as they possibly can and admit as little fault as possible while losing as little money as possible. It's not a companies goal to to make bad products but it's their goal to minimize loss on those bad products, whether that's 1 percent or 50 percent of their total output.
    Last edited by giantrobo; 06-21-17 at 01:51 AM.
    06-21-17 01:38 AM
    Gps issues on the KeyOne too? I have that on my Priv and man is it awful.
    06-21-17 02:09 AM
124 ... 2345