Thanks, first I have heard from Canada, so we now have this occurring in all release locations, makes it being a bad batch hard to believe.
    Who's going to pull a Q and go into Rogers stores and check demo units for screen lift

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 01:01 PM
    Also had the screen lift on mine after less than 2 weeks (although not as severe as some Ive seen!). Returned it to clove.co.uk who gave me a full refund.

Gutted as I was loving it ! Very hesitant to buy another !

Screen lift-img_3536.jpgScreen lift-img_3547.jpg
    06-16-17 03:08 PM
    This is insane.
    06-16-17 03:57 PM
    Dang. Another
    06-16-17 03:57 PM
    Dang. Another
    More to come....just wait....now we can say will hold our breath....lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 04:31 PM
    Too many to keep track of now.
    06-16-17 04:45 PM
    And more will come...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 04:46 PM
    Like I said before, I think it's a question of "when" not "if".
    06-16-17 04:56 PM
    Im waiting for another new thread titled: "Who here thinks their k1 is great and has no defects."

We can all agree it has nothing to do with drop tests or durability. Its a defect in the phone. Recall or release a new version asap. Now the spacebars are uneven. Quite honestly people need to stop defending BBM, for 600 it should come flawless on work on carriers as advertised without 10000 posts on how to modify sim cards for service.
    eldeadache and stefan_ like this.
    06-16-17 05:04 PM
    Is it what, 15 cases already? Phew, Keyone is keyed like this! And glad I didn't join in the hype train and ordered one.
    06-16-17 05:07 PM
    Be nice if it would be an easy task to merge the many threads on all sides of its great and each different issue. Maybe BBMo is doing the sorting on their own?
    06-16-17 05:09 PM
    Is it what, 15 cases already? Phew, Keyone is keyed like this! And glad I didn't join in the hype train and ordered one.
    It's more than 20 already, I believe.
    06-16-17 05:16 PM
    Here is photo of his phone.
    I watched him set it down and then when we noticed the side was lifted up he grabbed the phone and the full screen popped off breaking the display ribbon.

My brothers Keyone has the back plate lifting off ever so slightly but when you hold the phone to type you can feel the edge sticking out. Image attached.

Attachment 425311Attachment 425313
    So sorry to hear this happened.

To think how some around here are trying oh so desperately to play this down for their favourite phone maker, it's truly sickening.

I mentioned this thing about the ribbon tearing when this happens in another thread and was met with disgusting response that I chose not to even respond as it's clear some around here want to protect the company rather than accept that there is an issue.
    kbz1960, Alain_A and giantrobo like this.
    06-16-17 05:57 PM
    Some users have said theirs have none at all...the plot thickens
    .....As the adhesive lessons.

Sorry couldn't help myself
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-16-17 05:59 PM
    Has anyone with the CDMA version had a problem with their screen lifting or popping out or has it just been the GSM versions?
    06-16-17 07:53 PM
    Has anyone with the CDMA version had a problem with their screen lifting or popping out or has it just been the GSM versions?
    Probably too early to tell. I'm scared it won't just be the GSM units though.
    06-16-17 10:13 PM
    Screen popped out today, bottom right corner. Never dropped it and mostly kept in a case. BlackBerry KeyOne GSM on T-Mobile, bought from BestBuy a bit over 2 weeks ago. Loved the device but this build quality is unacceptable.
    06-16-17 10:23 PM
    It almost seems that if this hasn't happened to you it eventually will.
    06-16-17 10:34 PM
    Screen popped out today, bottom right corner. Never dropped it and mostly kept in a case. BlackBerry KeyOne GSM on T-Mobile, bought from BestBuy a bit over 2 weeks ago. Loved the device but this build quality is unacceptable.
    Sorry man. If it's an amazon phone send it back for a refund until we get some confirmation that TCL has fixed this. Let's get some beautiful pictures of it to add to the mayhem. Mine was also bottom right and it had never been out of the dual shell case since new. Yeah it is a wonderful device with such a nice heft to it. It's shocking that they seemed to not add adhesive to them.
    06-16-17 11:09 PM
    I think I will cancel my order from crackberry until this is sorted if I can find out how on the site.
    06-17-17 07:01 AM
    But but CBK and his YT review.....
    What now?!

Posted via P'9983
    06-17-17 07:24 AM
    I think I will cancel my order from crackberry until this is sorted if I can find out how on the site.
    You email them. There's no cancel button etc
    06-17-17 07:28 AM
    Well I have had my CDMA version for 5 days and so far the screen is not loose. I will let everyone know if a problem develops. Hopefully the delay on the CDMA was due to them fixing the screens.
    06-17-17 09:18 AM
    Well I have had my CDMA version for 5 days and so far the screen is not loose. I will let everyone know if a problem develops. Hopefully the delay on the CDMA was due to them fixing the screens.
    That's the problem they work well for a certain amount of time then one day boom screen lift there's no set time for it to happen.
    06-17-17 09:29 AM
    I don't think there is much of a plot here. To me this phone has a manufacturing defect. I guarantee you there are many more users that have had this issue that aren't members of this forum (fleet users for one), or who have had the issue and don't want to post it here because they feel it will tarnish the phone further. To me it's only a matter of time before they will all eventually pop loose. It's disappointing because it's a great looking phone.

Mine is coming in tomorrow and I'm gonna have to wait and talk to my IT guy on Monday to find out how much of an issue it might be to set this up with the potential to have to possibly get a replacement if there is an issue with it. My company typically gives one upgrade every two years and it's a hassle getting the phones set up in the first place. I could keep it as my personal phone, but I have other phones that I use for that now. I don't know, guess I'll find out.
    Where I live this phone has been released for one week now.
    I used to be a pre-sale guy since the old days of RIM and all the way until the Priv, but the KeyOne is the first BB that I haven't purchased in the pre-sale period and which I haven't purchased while it is in stock now since one week.

Since the phone was released more than a month ago in the U.K, Germany, U.S.A, Canada it gave me all the time to prepare myself for the launch in my country and generally learn about this phone.

All the mess I read and saw on CB, YT and multiple (international) forums about the issues the KeyOne is having (e.g. bad gps, SD Card issues, lifting screen without any cause, lifting screen after small drop, bad signal, all kinds of screen issues involving black lines and last but not least the the no-glue (ehh,"little-glue") debacle (responsible for the aforementioned screen lifting issues), wasn't really motivating me to buy in the pre-sale or now while it is in stock.

I recall seeing YOUR name continuously popping up in various CB threads where you passionately debunked fanboys who kept defending the issues the phone is having and what not.

And now I read that you have one coming LOL.
    Damn, what happened in the meantime?

After reading all your messages since the screen lift complaints hit the surface, I did not thought you would be one of those guys people would say to: "you can say whatever you want, in the end, you know you'll buying one anyways". Did not thought you would be one of those guys who would buy regardless.

As for myself, I'm still caught between a rock and a hard place.
    I am not concerned by this Jerry bend video as I would never abuse a phone like that, but what concerns me is the screen lifting after a small drop in the car or simply when using any kind of case (or removing it from a case), or worst of all, without any apparent reason at all (e.g. in peoples shirt pocket).

I cannot stand another phone with a loose screen or a "clicky" screen due to one top coming loose.
    I have had more than enough of that dealing with my Priv for one and a half years. I just cannot stand it any longer.

I appreciate the CBK video, but obviously, it solely proves that he's lucky. Additionally, I'm not accusing anyone of foul play, but there is no way knowing what happened between the cuts/edits. It's just laughable to read how some people are find confirmation in this video for their theories that the screen lift stories are all made-up or that the non-screen lifting in that CBK video exposed that there is some big conspiracy going on where ex-bb employees/competitors possibly wanting to damage the BB Brand (I read that here on CB and almost pi$$ed my pants LOL).

After all the cases so far, the likelihood that something will happen to the screen is -like you said- indeed just a matter of time. I concur with that.

Also, I just cannot deal any longer with faulty GPS modules. I also had more than enough of that crap; see my multiple messages in this topic: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12673691 When I read about people on this forum (and other forums ) having GPS issues with this device yet AGAIN, I just get a sour taste, AGAIN.

Just like the camera has never been PERFECT on a BB device, the GPS hasn't been either on any BB I purchased. They just can't get it right for crissakes. I just don't want to have to rely on using a Tom Tom/Garmin as a back-up!

Anyways, will wait for now to purchase.

Of course we will NEVER hear about TCL changing anything in future batches (if they would decide to do so, which I doubt; I mean, all the devices going in garbage compactor? I doubt it). And even if they would add a dab or two of super glue extra on future devices, vendors will probably sell old stock first (and since I doubt many people will buy this device in the (small) towns where I often am or go to, I'll probably end up buying a non-glued version without knowing; so waiting until, say, Christmas wouldn't help).

This whole situation almost makes a grown man cry. It already started with the fake delay posts about due to high demand.

I know I would also loose money when the screen lifts as I simply believe that repair centers in my country would say it is due to user fault (meaning that they say it is because I dropped the phone). I asked one vendor about what they think will happen when the screen suddenly coming loose without me being responsible for it and they said that they it would indeed be logical to assume that hey would decide that it is due to a fall/user fault and thus not falling under warranty.

Decisions, decisions, what should a man do? Now if TCL would throw a bone and give a 100 Euro discount (E 500), then that would make it a bit more enticing to go ahead and purchase, especially knowing that re-sale value will be in the bottom of the barrel again (like with the Priv and any other BB phone).

If they don't give discount, then I might just continue using my Priv (or Iphone 8 when it comes out in September, yes late September-early October, when they promised and not almost a year later after "announcing").

Last edited by WT44; 06-19-17 at 08:34 AM.
    eldeadache, Uzi and falbo like this.
    06-18-17 04:54 PM
124 12345