Had my K1 lying face down. Picked it up and the screen just completely came out. Ribbon isn't broken, is there a thread for self-repair? Would a couple of dabs of superglue put it back together?
    07-20-17 08:48 PM
    Would a couple of dabs of superglue put it back together?
    If the ribbon didn't break, probably but it's not suggested. Double sided tape would be less abrasive but again, self repair is NOT recommended. Your best bet is to reach out to BlackBerry Mobile and get a replacement.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ctory-1113727/
    07-20-17 08:54 PM
    If you think SuperGlue might be a good solution, you shouldn't attempt to repair it yourself. Contact BlackBerry Mobile.
    07-20-17 09:33 PM
    If you think SuperGlue might be a good solution, you shouldn't attempt to repair it yourself. Contact BlackBerry Mobile.
    Exactly. Let THEM do the super gluing.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-21-17 06:21 AM
    sometimes you can see underneath the screen, where you put the super glue, happened to me on an old att passport I had, tried fixing the screen lift with super glue,,, not a good repair
    07-21-17 09:41 AM
    sometimes you can see underneath the screen, where you put the super glue, happened to me on an old att passport I had, tried fixing the screen lift with super glue,,, not a good repair
    I agree. I did the same thing with an OG passport. The first time I did well but it didn't hold for long. The second time I think I put too much in there.

It is too risky to do it yourself. The phone still has a warranty so I would rather go that route if I were you OP.
    FTD57 likes this.
    07-21-17 10:16 AM
    On my first device, the screen popped open right to left, like opening a book and I was unable to turn on the device after that point.
    07-21-17 10:18 AM
    Loctite 404 (a little goes a long way and used an applicator). No issues after, it's been about a month.

Don't recommend it if you have to ask what it is..
    07-21-17 10:21 AM
    Smartphone screens are designed to be replaceable if needed (in this case, too easily), so an adhesive product such as as a sealant or double sided tape designed for that purpose is going to be preferable to a high strength glue that might not facilitate replacing the screen in the future.
    07-21-17 10:37 AM
    Smartphone screens are designed to be replaceable if needed (in this case, too easily), so an adhesive product such as as a sealant or double sided tape designed for that purpose is going to be preferable to a high strength glue that might not facilitate replacing the screen in the future.
    Listen ...this guys wise!
    07-21-17 10:59 AM
    Had my K1 lying face down. Picked it up and the screen just completely came out. Ribbon isn't broken, is there a thread for self-repair? Would a couple of dabs of superglue put it back together?
    Hi and sorry to hear this. Join the club of KEYone screen-less owners.

There's a megathread running on just this issue so please add your KEYone to the thread. It doesn't make for good reading though. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-post-1112475/
    07-21-17 05:12 PM
    If you are outside of the UK you'll probably get good service from Blackberry Mobile. If not, welcome to a world of pain.
    07-21-17 05:15 PM
    If the ribbon didn't break, probably but it's not suggested. Double sided tape would be less abrasive but again, self repair is NOT recommended. Your best bet is to reach out to BlackBerry Mobile and get a replacement.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ctory-1113727/
    Why are the Mods here totally ignoring the fact that us here in the UK have been abandoned by Blackberry/TCL as far as even been offered a replacement for our defunct KEYone's?
    07-21-17 05:18 PM
    If you are outside of the UK you'll probably get good service from Blackberry Mobile. If not, welcome to a world of pain.
    In that case you might be further ahead just to pay for the repair yourself at a competent shop and hope that BlackBerry Mobile will eventually reimburse you.
    07-21-17 05:20 PM
    Why are the Mods here totally ignoring the fact that us here in the UK have been abandoned by Blackberry/TCL as far as even been offered a replacement for our defunct KEYone's?
    What exactly are you expecting the forum mods to do about it? They don't work for BlackBerry Mobile or TCL. The forum mods are volunteers here. Best any mod can do in that regard is point you to the proper channels of @BlackBerry Mobile and TCL and hope you find a resolution.
    BigBadWulf and JeBe4 like this.
    07-21-17 05:23 PM
    In that case you might be further ahead just to pay for the repair yourself at a competent shop and hope that BlackBerry Mobile will eventually reimburse you.
    Seriously? I paid £499 for what, to pay again to get it fixed in the hope that......

Loving your sense of humour.
    07-21-17 05:51 PM
    What exactly are you expecting the forum mods to do about it? They don't work for BlackBerry Mobile or TCL. The forum mods are volunteers here. Best any mod can do in that regard is point you to the proper channels of @BlackBerry Mobile and TCL and hope you find a resolution.
    Once upon a time I was a forum Mod too. Also not for money, but because I had, like you I guess, a genuine interest in that particular club/forum and it's members.

������
    Last edited by rx8er; 07-21-17 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-21-17 06:12 PM
    Once upon a time I was a forum Mod too. Also not for money, but because I had, like you I guess, a genuine interest in that particular club/forum and it's members.
    Which says to me you should be all the more understanding of the limitations placed on mods. They help when/where they can but once those limits are reached, there's not a whole lot more that can be done. It's just like me sending off an email to @BlackBerry Mobile or anyone else in any particular situation. I can send it, I can highlight the issues, I can help get people in touch with others but it's up to the folks on the other end who are in control of the situation to go ahead and decide on whether or not they want to address the issue. In this case, your issue isn't with the mods, the issue is with BlackBerry/TCL. Mods have next to nothing to do with that situation and to 'call them out' for 'ignoring the fact that us here in the UK have been abandoned by Blackberry/TCL' is just not the right place to direct your anger. I'll never tell anyone to not be mad over something, it's everyone's right to be mad if something upsets them, but I will tell you to point the anger in the right direction.
    j21jam6 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-21-17 06:19 PM
    Which says to me you should be all the more understanding of the limitations placed on mods. They help when/where they can but once those limits are reached, there's not a whole lot more that can be done. It's just like me sending off an email to @BlackBerry Mobile or anyone else in any particular situation. I can send it, I can highlight the issues, I can help get people in touch with others but it's up to the folks on the other end who are in control of the situation to go ahead and decide on whether or not they want to address the issue. In this case, your issue isn't with the mods, the issue is with BlackBerry/TCL. Mods have next to nothing to do with that situation and to 'call them out' for 'ignoring the fact that us here in the UK have been abandoned by Blackberry/TCL' is just not the right place to direct your anger.
    I've used the Blackberry/TCL route as so many have without a positive experience, thus far.

Nothing personal.
    07-21-17 06:26 PM
    I've expressed my displeasure several times here. So far Chen hasn't taken my BBM video calls, but if he did,
    07-21-17 10:52 PM
    Interestingly, my screen just popped out as well. Ribbon isn't broken.
    07-21-17 11:17 PM
    I called Blackberry Mobile and a supervisor is supposed to call me back to facilitate getting a new device by the middle of next week. Decided against self repair.
    07-22-17 08:30 PM
    Got my K1 from carphone warehouse a 2 months ago. Currently on a 2 month family vaction so I downloaded all the travel apps (which are very helpful) that I never had on my classic. phone fell from the night stand, on a carpet. Screen popped off. Keyboard still works, but screen wont turn on. Very upset since now I have to run to a computer to see flights, hotels etc. Not returing to UK until late August. Total let down since I loved the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen just dropped out-img_20170719_145449.jpg  
    07-22-17 10:23 PM
    There has to be zero quality control testing going on. I remember reading about the extensive QC room in Waterloo that torture tested devices during the Mike and Jim era. This isn't the same company that I was a user of for 8+ years. Cements my descision to move on to other hardware vendors.
    gjh1978 likes this.
    07-23-17 08:15 AM
    these threads scare the sh*t out of me, my k1 is used and I'm so paranoid, I had this same paranoid feeling with my PRIV, because my 1st 2 PRIV phones did not last a week.
    was paranoid with my Passport (although it was perfect).
    seems like BlackBerry is good at making phones that cause me paranoia
    FF22 and DeliFresser like this.
    07-23-17 12:38 PM
30 12