Although my KEYone is in perfect condition, I now realize that this can change in an instant through no fault of my own. I'm actually paranoid that I will be away on a business trip or something along those lines, and will be without a phone in the blink of an eye. That really sucks.

It looks like I will always have to carry my Passport around, just in case.
    07-23-17 01:51 PM
    Every time I read another issue it compels me to stay further and further away to purchasing.

It's obvious they aren't making any changes no matter what is said/promised...
    07-23-17 02:02 PM
    Every time I read another issue it compels me to stay further and further away to purchasing.

It's obvious they aren't making any changes no matter what is said/promised...
    Realistically, the new stock probably won't make it into the "pipeline" for months.... at best.

BlackBerry Mobile will probably use their existing stock, hoping that *most* will not have the screen separation issue. Those that do, will be covered under warranty.

The question is how much stock they already manufactured and how much of it has been sold?
    Last edited by Matt J; 07-23-17 at 04:35 PM.
    07-23-17 02:03 PM
    While it may be ridiculous, someone mentioned PREEMPTIVE repair and that might help calm peoples' nerves regaring screen separation. I don't imagine it would take a reputable cell phone repair shop more than 15 minutes to half an hour to effect a two sided tape fix to the screen. Warning them about the ribbon cable weakness before hand.

Again, crazy but treating the phone as if made of egg shells could really drive folks nuts. Especially if a longer trip is planned.
    07-23-17 04:14 PM
    While it may be ridiculous, someone mentioned PREEMPTIVE repair and that might help calm peoples' nerves regaring screen separation. I don't imagine it would take a reputable cell phone repair shop more than 15 minutes to half an hour to effect a two sided tape fix to the screen. Warning them about the ribbon cable weakness before hand.

Again, crazy but treating the phone as if made of egg shells could really drive folks nuts. Especially if a longer trip is planned.
    Reading all these threads has given me a little paranoia as well. At this point if my screen lifts it will be kind of a weight lifted off my shoulders. I just hope my ribbon cable doesn't break and I think I would try to either repair it myself or take it to a repair shop. I really doubt TCL will be lifting screens in the future on purpose to check if you added the glue they were supposed to add themselves in the first place and telling you that you voided the warranty.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-24-17 12:01 AM
30 12