When I first came across the screen lift issue with a friends KeyOne. I believed that this was a small issue and would be an easy fix. I now see that this issue is starting to grow, TCL needs to get out in front, recall the lot and replace them. This is now becoming the lead on many stories about this phone. While I still think this is an early production problem, they need to calm the market and show why this is a BlackBerry/TCL flagship phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:01 AM
    Agree. The phone is now totally in the disaster territory. In an earlier post I suggested TCL needs to do a worldwide recall and go back to the drawing board, but got schooled on how great of them was to "make that statement" which wasn't a statement at all. Yes, a return/replacement may be viewed as a "minor" inconvenience for the customers, but BlackBerry market presence is so tiny, that many fans are ordering Keyone overseas and when their screen lifts, they will be in the world of pain.
    Again: recall all units from retail channels, buy some glue, wind up your "ex-retiree" so he would sing like a canary about how they fixed everything, then try to sell the phone again.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-16-17 11:20 AM
    neither of you owns a BlackBerry KEYone is my guess
    06-17-17 05:52 AM
    Agreed
    I own two
    One I bought from UK and one from Amazon a couple of weeks ago once it became available.

I have owned MANY BlackBerry Devices.
    I will deal with it if it happens even if it means buying epoxy and fixing the problem as I'm not ready to jump ship just yet if at all.

Production issues happen.

I'm taking in my 09 Dodge Dakota for the passenger airbag canister Monday and a check engine issue. Remember Takata????

Just saying

People need to relax as the sky isn't falling.

And Haters Gonna Hate. Can't do too much about that just like Misery Loves Company.
    06-17-17 06:05 AM
    It's an easy to solve issue of tape or some extra glue point. The screen side bottum is flat and the surface inside the device where the screen is also flat. Flat things are easy to glue.

So even if it will get lose you have warranty and it will be replaced or fixed.

I just order one yesterday

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-17-17 06:06 AM
    neither of you owns a BlackBerry KEYone is my guess
    I guess you don't read, it's always better to keep your head in the sand. All the people across multiple web sites must be part of a great conspiracy to kill off the KeyOne.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-17-17 07:18 AM
    Agreed
    I own two
    One I bought from UK and one from Amazon a couple of weeks ago once it became available.

I will deal with it if it happens even if it means buying epoxy and fixing the problem as I'm not ready to jump ship just yet if at all.

I'm taking in my 09 Dodge Dakota for the passenger airbag canister Monday and a check engine issue. Remember Takata????

Just saying

And Haters Gonna Hate. Can't do too much about that just like Misery Loves Company.
    Good luck with that, none of us hate the new phone nor Blackberry. If you bothered to read all our posts you would get the real picture. It is so much easier to scream people are hatters. Reminds me of the world in general, if you disagree you must be a bigot or hater or worse.

One other thing how much cash real cash did you spend in total with BlackBerry? Well my company that I own spent last year 450 grand on phones and services. So yes I have a bigger picture and know what I am speaking about. Do you?

By the way you proved our point 100 percent. You have a truck with issues and the whole production run is in recall mode, so that's ok. But to speak about a phone in those terms is hating? Hmmmm
    hjc73734 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-17-17 07:23 AM
    Agreed
    I own two

Just saying

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am in total agreement.
    06-17-17 07:29 AM
    I guess you don't read, it's always better to keep your head in the sand. All the people across multiple web sites must be part of a great conspiracy to kill off the KeyOne.
    LOL. The saddest part is the number of people willing to put up with shoddy manufacturing. It is clear that most people here will defend BlackBerry/TCL to the end as long as the name on the phone reads BlackBerry.

I fail to see how this is not a major issue that needs major redress. I hope, as someone wrote in another thread, that this affects a few KeyOne phones and not all or the majority.

I only hope that they survive this and make a successor to KeyOne so I can buy.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 07:34 AM
    LOL. The saddest part is the number of people willing to put up with shoddy manufacturing. It is clear that most people here will defend BlackBerry/TCL to the end as long as the name on the phone reads BlackBerry.

I fail to see how this is not a major issue that needs major redress. I hope, as someone wrote in another thread, that this affects a few KeyOne phones and not all or the majority.

I only hope that they survive this and make a successor to KeyOne so I can buy.

Posted via CB10
    Your correct, this phone is not cheap. Know where near I Phone prices but for many people 500+ dollars is a large sum of money. My Tech guys have inhouse repaired two Keyones. Out of two that's a 100 percent failure rate. They contacted the manufacturer (since we are authorized for in house repairs) spoke at length and made the proper repair. Side bar do not use crazy glue or alike, the chemicals released can fog your display.

The factory will stand behind the phone, but they should be more forceful. Do a recall get it right shave a few bucks off. This would go miles in the press and let people know " buy with confidence " this would protect the brand more than anything.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-17 07:43 AM
    They will quietly lose customers. Wont be a recall, but responses from some people a telling of why BB is where it is today.
    06-17-17 07:45 AM

only hope that they survive this and make a successor to KeyOne so I can buy.

Posted via CB10
    100%. Excuses for sloppy work that should never be accepted.

I wouldnt sort of care little less if it was a $250 device which is what the component list equals too. But charging a premium should equal to a flawless device.
    06-17-17 07:54 AM
    100%. Excuses for sloppy work that should never be accepted.

I wouldnt sort of care little less if it was a $250 device which is what the component list equals too. But charging a premium should equal to a flawless device.
    By your logic, then I assume the Samsung and iPhone forums are deserted and everyone is talking about rainbow unicorns and round UFO buildings.

Anything manufactured will have issues no matter how careful you are. Ask NASA. Smartest people designing and building things but one bad heat shield...
    06-17-17 08:35 AM
    By your logic, then I assume the Samsung and iPhone forums are deserted and everyone is talking about rainbow unicorns and round UFO buildings.

Anything manufactured will have issues no matter how careful you are. Ask NASA. Smartest people designing and building things but one bad heat shield...
    Do'h
    06-17-17 08:36 AM
    Your correct, this phone is not cheap. Know where near I Phone prices but for many people 500+ dollars is a large sum of money. My Tech guys have inhouse repaired two Keyones. Out of two that's a 100 percent failure rate. They contacted the manufacturer (since we are authorized for in house repairs) spoke at length and made the proper repair. Side bar do not use crazy glue or alike, the chemicals released can fog your display.

The factory will stand behind the phone, but they should be more forceful. Do a recall get it right shave a few bucks off. This would go miles in the press and let people know " buy with confidence " this would protect the brand more than anything.
    What is the proper repair? I'm very curious to know.
    06-17-17 08:57 AM
    What is the proper repair? I'm very curious to know.
    Good question, they use the proper adhesive (for phones) than special clamps for 10 minutes....poof it's a phone again. Also the phone is placed in a dryer to make sure no humidity/moisture gets sealed in.
    06-17-17 09:30 AM
    so disappointed with the keyone. had blackberrys for 12 years, had the passport for the last two without an issue, worked perfectly. got the keyone two weeks ago, worked for three days, then caput. started with keyboard issues, as in, it suddenly wouldn't type. then massive lag on apps starting, to point of having to restart every time. finally, turned the phone off for an hour, turned back on and the thing wouldn't reboot. tried with and without sim in but still nothing. had to return to store who casually remarked, oh yeah, it has a software issue. offered to exchange for another model, however, I daren't risk it, changed to a Samsung s7. really miss the passport but heres one less loyal customer. cheers blackberry for letting us down.
    06-17-17 09:40 AM

Im on there, and every other thread is not about hardware or fit n finish issues. Do you really want to play the forum screen shot game with me? Majority of topics are on there are what color option to choose from and what case fit better...along with the odd technical question.

They are talking about rainbows compared to BB. Yes.
    06-17-17 09:46 AM
    Agree. The phone is now totally in the disaster territory. In an earlier post I suggested TCL needs to do a worldwide recall and go back to the drawing board, but got schooled on how great of them was to "make that statement" which wasn't a statement at all. Yes, a return/replacement may be viewed as a "minor" inconvenience for the customers, but BlackBerry market presence is so tiny, that many fans are ordering Keyone overseas and when their screen lifts, they will be in the world of pain.
    Again: recall all units from retail channels, buy some glue, wind up your "ex-retiree" so he would sing like a canary about how they fixed everything, then try to sell the phone again.
    Absurd.
    06-17-17 09:53 AM

My phones section is so freaking quiet. No one even posts good threads let alone almost zero issue threads. Maybe hardly anyone owns it or they use a different forum.
    06-17-17 09:53 AM