Hello all,

Recently bought a used KeyOne because i could get it on the cheap. Knew the screen had an issue, but since it also came with warranty, i wanted to get some opinions as to what this could be before i send it in.

The device was manufactured May 2017. The screen is fully functional, so the touchscreen part works as it should, and it's only visible in the top right corner, from an angle. I have never seen something like this.

Other issues the device has are :

- Multiple backlight bleeding spots
    - Keyboard isn't illuminated evenly
    - Back is clicky
    - Network seems to drop more often than with the Priv

So since the device has a couple of issues anyway i am going to send it back, but i'm very curious if anyone can recognize this weird screen tearing thing.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Screen issue with KeyOne but not idea what this is....-keyone-screen-issue.jpg  
    09-11-17 11:22 PM
    Send it back right away. No need to waste your time. If you bought this off Kijiji or the like you are SOL.
    09-12-17 12:02 AM
    Nah, i bought it from some guy off of an eBay type of website. He didn't want to bother with the warranty, but i'm just curious if this is a common problem with the screen, next to the obvious screen-falling-out-of-the-damn-phone issues lol.
    09-12-17 12:27 AM
    I'm not going to speculate what the original owner did to the phone or what happened to it but I wouldn't buy another one from him! Sorry to hear the about the situation, either you live with it the way it is or consider having a screen replacement done. But to answer your original questions none of the issues you mentioned would be considered normal or widely reported. Good luck.
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    09-12-17 01:30 AM
    the screen is literally one solid piece w/connector cables! It looks like ltd damage from being dropped!
    09-12-17 02:24 AM
    That most definitely looks like water damage...
    09-12-17 03:33 AM
    That most definitely looks like water damage...
    That's what i was afraid of. Is there a way for me to check if the phone has indeed been in contact with water? The old bold's used to have those white stickers. Something like that?
    09-12-17 04:28 AM
    Key One has it also, but I don't know where it's located...
    09-12-17 04:31 AM
    There is a plastic bluish sticker sort of think covering the back of the lcd. I know this cuz 3 of my screens popped out. It can be peeled back. It looks like imo that it got torn. That would allow a light bleed difference.
    FF22 and SenorPistachio like this.
    09-12-17 07:08 PM
    There is a plastic bluish sticker sort of think covering the back of the lcd. I know this cuz 3 of my screens popped out. It can be peeled back. It looks like imo that it got torn. That would allow a light bleed difference.
    Was thinking something similar to this. Will send it back, hopefully it's that and not water damage.
    09-13-17 12:08 PM